Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

In terms of popularity (social media wise, which plays a huge part in modeling right now), some of the new girls surpass the vets (in terms of likes that they get on both their own and VS' Instagram/Twitter/etc.) and a couple of them (Taylor, Sara) are soon going to have more followers on IG than Lily and Behati. I'd say that Taylor, Elsa, Sara, Josephine and maybe Jasmine have done the best job separating themselves from the pack of new girls and should be the ones that VS is giving more/more high profile events or things to. 

1 hour ago, ceceshores said:

In terms of popularity (social media wise, which plays a huge part in modeling right now), some of the new girls surpass the vets (in terms of likes that they get on both their own and VS' Instagram/Twitter/etc.) and a couple of them (Taylor, Sara) are soon going to have more followers on IG than Lily and Behati. I'd say that Taylor, Elsa, Sara, Josephine and maybe Jasmine have done the best job separating themselves from the pack of new girls and should be the ones that VS is giving more/more high profile events or things to. 

As evident by the ratings for the last year's fashion show and the swim suit specials , social media popularity doesn't always translate into mainstream popularity.  

2 hours ago, bucky said:

As evident by the ratings for the last year's fashion show and the swim suit specials , social media popularity doesn't always translate into mainstream popularity.  

No, it doesn't, nor has it been proven that it translates into increased sales. That's part of what I was trying to say as far as VS resting on their laurels goes. They think because their girls get a lot of likes on Instagram/Twitter/etc. that it will translate into mainstream popularity. It's a big part of the fashion industry these days for whatever reason. 

How much more push can they give to the newest? They're literally everywhere in VS at the time, stores, events, website, social media. They barely use the vets anymore, Adriana for an event and now for VSX, Candice and Lily just a few pictures this month. Behati and Ale, nothing. They give big things to Adriana and Ale because they know that they gets the attention, and thats what they want. Attention= Publicity. Publicity= Sales. Sales= Money. They are letting the newest grow but when it comes to big things, they will be play safe. It's a business. I mean, they won't give a Fantasy Bra to someone that the public doesn't know (even when most of the people don't care anyways).

20 hours ago, Siemgi said:

If VS wants to play it safe, they could always pair a veteran and one or two new girls for each event, which would allow them to shine.

How would it benefit a new girl to have a veteran always with them to an event? While they may draw a larger crowd to have a vet with a new girl, the vet will mostly likely overshadow the new girl. 

People would slowly but surely get used to them and before you know it they'd be the veterans.

20 hours ago, PinkCouture said:

They ditched the old style and went with recycled clips...

Technically, recycled clips is the old(est) style:

20 minutes ago, ThePinkDiet said:

Do you think they'll start shooting the Holiday Commercial this month or the next or so?

They shoot it at the end of July usually. 

I'm still holding out hope they don't use all the Angels (minus Candice and Behati) but I'm assuming they will.