Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Good to see Adri shooting again. It was kind off odd to use her for promo but not shooting with her.

I think Ale is done with VS after this year VSFS. Adriana was always involved with VS even if she wouldn't shoot, Alessandra don't do anything

8 hours ago, ILUVAdrianaLima said:

^ She does fit the bill for VSX, that much I will give VS but they eventually have to let her go and sooner than later :ninja:

Why so? She looks better than some of the new girls in my opinion :p

The end of an era! Victoria's Secret axes its iconic mail-order catalog after nearly 40 years to save on the $150 MILLION cost - as it urges its fans to use social media instead

Victoria's Secret parent company, L Brands, announced on Thursday that it will be getting rid of its famous catalogs
    Models Naomi Campbell, Gisele Bundchen, Stephanie Seymour, Elle Macpherson, and Heidi Klum have all appeared in the print publication
    Producing up to 300 million copies of the mail-order catalog cost the brand between $125 million to $150 million annually
    Victoria's Secret also confirmed that it would no longer be selling apparel, swimwear and shoes, which accounted for nearly $525 million in sales
    Instead, the brand will focus on its 'most significant core categories': bras, panties, and beauty

For decades the Victoria's Secret catalog has been one of the brand's most titillating marketing strategies, but the iconic mail-order publication, which has starred everyone from Tyra Banks to Gisele Bundchen, will soon be a thing of the past.

The lingerie retailer's owner, L Brands, announced on Thursday that it will be getting rid of its catalogs, which cost $125 million to $150 million to produce up to 300 million copies per year.  

'If we were starting this business today in current context 2016, would you start with one of your major ideas being a paper-based catalog sent through the mail as one of your key—if not your key—marketing activity for a global brand?' L Brands' chief financial officer Stuart Burgdoerfer asked during the company's earnings call last week.
Although the catalog has been a key component of the brand's identity since the late 1970s and at one time shipped to 400 million people annually, it has become an archaic marketing strategy thanks to the rise—and ease—of online shopping.

Naomi Campbell, Helena Christensen, Stephanie Seymour, Elle Macpherson, and Heidi Klum are just a few of the famous models who have graced the pages of the iconic catalog over the past four decades, but anyone hoping to see models-of-the-moment Gigi Hadid and Kendall Jenner in the publication is out of luck.

Before making the difficult decision to give the publication the ax, the company experimented with reducing the mail-order catalog and found it didn't negatively impact sales.

In fact, when the company dialed down on the catalog by 40 per cent in the fourth quarter, it saw direct channel sales jump during that period.  

The Victoria's Secret website is already urging customers looking for the catalog to stay connected with the brand through its social media channels, Pink Nation app, and email.

Burgdoerfer noted that they are 'very comfortable with the change' they've made, although it will undoubtedly be difficult for diehard fans of the catalog—and its models—to image a world without it.

However, Lee Peterson, EVP of brand strategy and design for WD Partners in Columbus, Ohio, told BuzzFeed News that he believes customers, especially younger ones, won't even miss the once-beloved catalog.

'My guess is five years from now, we won’t even remember it,' He said. 'You’ll have something in your box in your basement and say remember this, when we had paper?'
But that wasn't the company's only big announcement on Thursday.  

A month after reports surfaced that Victoria's Secret would be doing away with swimwear due to declining sales, the brand confirmed that it will no longer be selling apparel, swimwear and shoes, which accounted for nearly $525 million in sales.

Instead, Burgdoerfer said the brand will be focusing its energy on its 'most significant core categories': bras, panties, and beauty.

Victoria's Secret will also be getting rid of many of its direct-mail promotional campaigns, so you may be hard-pressed to find a 'free pair of panties' or '$10 off a bra' coupon in your mailbox in the near future.

Burgdoerfer explained that the company has been running those direct-mail campaigns for a 'long time' and many customers just 'came in and got their free panty and didn't buy anything else'.

'We think there's a cleverer way, a smarter way, to drive traffic that's more healthy for the brand,' he added.  

I understand that digital marketing is key now but I do think that cutting print catalogues entirely is a bit of bad news for the Angels. I believe that the catalogues reaching so many households is one of the main things that made being a Victoria’s Secret Angel such a big deal. It wasn’t just the annual televised fashion shows but the exposure one would get being on the cover of a catalogue etc.

5 hours ago, CanLVS said:

I guarantee someone gets offended by this from their Fall 2016 VSX line

I thought they would have learned from their mistake with PINK to be careful with words :laugh: 

vicsecretforteens450_18l2ae3-18l2ae8.jpg

victorias-secret-pink-underwear.jpg?w=42

I remember there was one that said "Safety First" on the front :p

2 hours ago, GuessGirl said:

Why would they even start using phrases like that for their sportbra? Who calls themselves "gold digger" 

Madonna and Barrett Strong sang songs about being gold diggers. Then there are Oksana Grigorieva, Kevin Federlie, Ivana Trump, Fergie, etc.