Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Good point there Baron. The last thing we want is for the above to be the future caveat. Guess when it comes down to it, a good balance between thick and thin is ideal to be present in modeling - of course that alone is a difficult thing to hammer out considering everyone prospective of what is thin to thick varies more then the selection of flavors in your local ice cream shop. I guess the best thing to do is let markets and then on fashion determine what models are in or out :idk: LOL, but then of course there is no coloration between the modeling world size compared to the average women...so all the above just goes out the window entirely :|

My whole point is that VS should be representing all body types, not just the skinny-even skinnier-in your face skinnier ... They used to have Gisele, Tyra, Alessandra, Heidi & Adriana at the same time & that showed variety, even 2007/2008 they had different types of bodies. But now they all basically look the same with the exception of Dri & Doutzen: skinny or even skinnier. It's sad when a brand like VS that it's supposed to represent all targets has Adriana & Doutzen has their 'curvier' models

Also, one should keep in mind that the "average American woman" is overweight. While models are, on average too thin, a healthy model would still be thinner than most American women.

Plus, a two-cup push-on on a D-cup model just looks plain ridiculous (not that I am a big fan of push-ups, though...)

My whole point is that VS should be representing all body types, not just the skinny-even skinnier-in your face skinnier ... They used to have Gisele, Tyra, Alessandra, Heidi & Adriana at the same time & that showed variety, even 2007/2008 they had different types of bodies. But now they all basically look the same with the exception of Dri & Doutzen: skinny or even skinnier. It's sad when a brand like VS that it's supposed to represent all targets has Adriana & Doutzen has their 'curvier' models

Whilst it be ideal for VS to be "representing all body types" the fact of the mater is they NEVER really have to begin with and aren't in the business to do so - even in the days of Helena, Tyra, Laetitia, Selita, and now with Adriana and Doutzen. I went back and looked at all the measurements and dress sizes of VS models in the 90's, 2000's, and into current times and they really haven't ever fluctuated much from the measurements 34-24-34 (US) and a dress size ranging from 2-4 with a height of 5' 10". We all know that VS is in the business of making money and they will oddly enough still attract the attention of many AVERAGE women with the sizes above. Kinda ironic isn't, considering that the average women nowadays is about 5'4", dress size of 12-14, and finally measurements of about 40x34x43. My personal opinion is that women is general shouldn't follow VS for IDEAL body image representation since all these women are selectivity chosen for the brand but I see no issue idealizing a women with good moral values and a mind that isn't under spoken even if she is a VS model, oh and of course the very fashion itself.

Gone are the days of the uber sexy hair twirls? Hello Twiggy

twiggyu.jpg

anghwk3ciaernrm.jpg

Sorry you guys may disagree but this^ doesn't scream sexy lingerie worthy to me. I dunno about you but from my personal experience, the majority of men that I know don't like hair that short on woman. Wonder if VS is going to drop her, or use her far less? :idk:

Maybe there's a reason they're using Barbs more?. (/drool) <-- GF may be young, but she can turn sexy out with the best of them.

Either way her agency approved this look, and either VS is okay with it, or maybe her contract is over with them. This haircut kinda screams a different direction for her career. Less bombshell/lingerie/pinup/men's magazines and maybe more high fashion?

If she in fact cut her hair, which appears to be the case, then Im guessing she's doing it because she landed an exclusive in Paris (most likely Givenchy). I can't see VS letting it effect their crush on her though. If anything, they'll just slap a wig on her from now on.

I hate pointing this out, but if in fact she did get an exclusive with someone in Paris, it would have been easier to slick her hair back and put a skull cap on, then throw a short wig on top of that, then it would be to cut her hair and throw a wig on for all existing contracts. Not to mention if she did in fact have that coveted Angel contract with VS I highly doubt they would have been okay with her cropping her hair that short.

So either it's a wig and she's trying something new, or she's gearing herself away from VS. Either way, good luck to her.

I know what you mean. The prospect of having to cut her hair off is what made Izabel decide not to walk for Givenchy last year, so you would think Candice would have also decline, given that shes actually has VS contract. In any case, i'm curious to see how this pans out. I would love for this to result in the increase of work for VS's other 20 angels :whistle:

100% agree with you Prettyphile^^

I really don't give a damn about VS models anymore (Grand'mama Kiki says: It was way better back in the 90's!) but women with tits & ass to sell Lingerie is at least the minimum require. A woman with curves is not especially more feminine than another one with less curves but VS is trying to make us believe (especially to young girls) that their "Angels" are real sexy women with curves when they are not. They are all underweight and they don't represent the American woman or any other women in the world. Of course fashion models will always be some kind of fantasies but when Tyra and Daniela and Heidi and Laetitia were on the cover of VS catalogs, the fantasies seemed close to the reality. And some people might think Kate is just a "men's magazine" model (Yeah maybe, so what?) but Tyra graced the cover of "GQ & "Esquire & "Maxime" more than Vogue covers but she was a VS Angel and a good model. Kate needs to improve as a fashion model but when I see her last shoot for "Muse" I think she could be real great for VS... And could be a good editorial model too.

two thumb up for you, I 100% agree with you.

Im am going to change the subject a bit; but who could they add lily as an angel before every female model around the world? What other runway has she done besides VS or anything else in fashion in general before? I think she slept her way in :whistle:

I think Lilly looks like the Joker, her smile is just like the Joker. Not trying to offend her fan but that is just my opinion.

changing subject do any of you guys think this model Sandra Kubicka has pontential to be a VS pink model?

post-51132-0-1446080150-48099_thumb.jpg

. . . wait do you see it!?! Standing behind the bombshell trifecta is another woman Her name is Kate Upton and for whatever reason North American men and woman have latched on. Could it be a sign that the old body type is alive and well, and quite possibly desired?

Didn't the old body type include having a waist?

:rofl: ^^

True!

but...

this is 3 years old

5918d361359187.gif

and I know there is the editing and such but she has a waist so... What the hell happened to her waist??

she has barely none today and this make her look "thicker" than she really is.

and I want to post these

post-19830-0-1446080151-27977_thumb.jpg th_51523_UptonKate_CoverStyleSwimwear2009_1290_122_586lo.jpg

Because she looks amazing and almost too good for VS

When I look the first picture I see the American girl next door (hair :wub: smile :wub: body :wub: cuteness :wub: ) and a girl like her should be represented in the VS catalogs... Not in :baronlamesign: burger commercials! She has a great potential and if VS can't see it it's their loss.

:rofl: ^^

True!

but...

this is 3 years old

5918d361359187.gif

and I know there is the editing and such but she has a waist so... What the hell happened to her waist??

she has barely none today and this make her look "thicker" than she really is.

and I want to post these

post-50597-0-1446080152-23437_thumb.jpg th_51523_UptonKate_CoverStyleSwimwear2009_1290_122_586lo.jpg

Because she looks amazing and almost too good for VS

When I look the first picture I see the American girl next door (hair :wub: smile :wub: body :wub: cuteness :wub: ) and a girl like her should be represented in the VS catalogs... Not in :baronlamesign: burger commercials! She has a great potential and if VS can't see it it's their loss.

She's an apple-shaped girl.

This means if she gains weight, she will gain it around the waist/belly.

And well, she did gain weight recently which destroyed her waistline.