Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

You can clearly see in the interview (from behind the velvet rope) how Kate struggles to speak in english when the interviewer asks a question directly towards her, and then how he seems to recognize he shouldn't have done that, and quickly asks the question to Sara... again.

I love how Jac and Elsa work together.

Must be why she thanked Sara on insta. 

They should just jump to chair tease and pole dancing workouts. 

They all just need to call #BodybyIza to handle their training and they too can sculpt their bodies to the envy of every 13 year old boy.

Obviously VS approves of this look cause Ed keeps asking her back. (I'm convinced Eddy likes both sides of the coin)

post-1004-0-1446079305-82401_thumb.jpg

I don't think Kate even knew what was going on for most of the interview. She didn't understand the interviewer's question properly, and her answer was a mess. I get that learning a new language is extremely hard, and it's not her fault at all, but honestly WTF was VS thinking signing her as a spokesmodel? You can argue her print and runway is really good but why give someone this "prestigious" contract if they can't even fulfil the obligations of the job. If they liked her on the runway, book her for the show again. No need to toss her a contract.

I agree. I feel for Kate though and I believe she could be a great spokesperson for the company if she could speak better English

Kate looked so utterly lost in the interviews, girlfriend did not understand shit of what everyone was saying :rofl: I seriously doubt she'll survive the first year, she'll be dropped after the show, I'm calling it already folks. She still doesn't speak English and unless VS is planning to open stores in Russia (which let's face it seems very unlikely) I don't see how they could use her at all for PR purposes.

Also Jasmine saying the doors are open for her personal life, girl if my boyfriend looked like hers I'd be putting pictures and videos of him 24/7 too, she's living the dream :heart: I also loved the interview with Lais and Martha, first time Martha didn't sound dead to me and Lais tatas looked just perfect (Y). The more I see these group of women the more I like them, I hope they all (except Kate for the mentioned above) stick around for a while, this was the refreshment VS needed.

Man if they really wanted a Russian, they should have gone with Irina Sharipova or Vita Sidorkina. Sure, their English isn't perfect, but it's passable.

It's just very awkward for Kate to be in that position of not understanding what is asked and then trying to find an answer (I think most of us non-native English speakers have felt that at one point).

post-89806-0-1446079306-60803_thumb.jpg

Not so sure about Romee  but I can totally see Jasmine, Taylor and Sara + Elsa sticking around the longest. Sadly, I do agree on the Kate situation which Is a shame because she's a terrific model. I think Ed decided to contract the girls who do great at print without thinking on the "all package" that It's or should be needed to be an angel. Also, I think Lais Is much better at interviews now and I think Elsa, Jac and Sara did really great especially considering they're not native speakers. Can't wait to see more of the newest angels!

Omg, the Izauation :rofl:

Overall, it's a good group. I still don't know what the hell they were thinking signing Kate. Like someone else said, if they liked her HF work and her walk, they could have easily had her shoot and walk for them. She's supposed to be a spokesmodel for the brand and that ain't happening. Stella's "cool girl" demeanor is really off-putting and she's not personable at all, but I think as long as she's involved with Miley she's safe. Taylor and Sara will be around for awhile, I think Elsa will be pushed heavily during her stay with VS, same with Jasmine. I think they'll try and push Romee (hello, Ed's fave) but idk how the public will respond. I like Martha but I could see her being dropped sooner than some of the other girls, same with Jac and Lais.

Do they give away a bag a month or what?

I think Jac and Elsa interviewed really well together. As for Kate, I feel bad for her, but at least she can say she was an angel.

They don't, at least when they used to sell clothing and more beauty stuff, there were lot more freebies, now it's rare to even see a decent free item.

I only buy for my gf when there are freebies and a good code.

The newest angels are all looking spectacular, The over powering group of newbies are forcing me to unknowingly forget the old angels out of mind, this promotional tactic is definitely working.

Can't imagine the shakeup next year without Ale and Adri. And now There's Saylor? 

At least Kate tried, clearly she still isn't confident with her English, and like her sister said on IG her agencies are pushing her to learn English more. What more can we ask of her? It's not like she has the same background as some of the other girls? Modelling since they were just 13/14, they have had longer to learn English, especially when some are based in NYC permanently now. I personally thought what she said was decent, unsure of herself with wording but it's not like I didn't understand anything. :idk:

VS obviously didn't care about the language barrier when they tossed her a contract, so... They have 14 other Angels. Clearly they aren't worried about her for interviews. Kate will either be gone next year, or not.

Besides her English, she does good work with them. :)

This whole thing is indeed odd. Signing Kate (who is without a doubt a kick-ass model in print and in motion as well as on the runway) as an angel, you can't tell me that a company as big as VS does not notice that she's not able to articulate well in english.

Make me wonder about their casting process.... :rofl:

Personally, I hope they give her some time to learn the language properly and I think then she'll be a great addition.