Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Seriously, fella comes over here to say that Lais was chosen to wear the FB last year due to the Bellemere issue.

And people still have courage to say that she's not underrated/unappreciated. 

She got it because she worked hard for it and was the best model they had to wear the damn bra, PERIOD. It was made for her, they made it for her because she's worked her ass off to it, because she IS great and deserved that bra more than anyone. 

Still, people say they gave her the bra because of this and that, because of him or her. See how underrated she is? See how people are so mean over her, like she wouldn't be capable of being a great model and have been chosen to wear the FB for this sole reason: being a great angel. 

Sorry but this is just stupid. 

1 hour ago, Marciotmello said:

Seriously, fella comes over here to say that Lais was chosen to wear the FB last year due to the Bellemere issue.

She got it because she worked hard for it and was the best model they had to wear the damn bra, PERIOD. It was made for her, they made it for her because she's worked her ass off to it, because she IS great and deserved that bra more than anyone. 

Still, people say they gave her the bra because of this and that, because of him or her. See how underrated she is? See how people are so mean over her, like she wouldn't be capable of being a great model and have been chosen to wear the FB for this sole reason: being a great angel. 

Ok, what part of "wouldn't surprise ME" didn't you get? I was sharing MY thoughts about the issue. It was a theory, nothing more, if you don't like it, that's okay. I still stand by it, never said she didn't deserve it or that she is underrated, which let's be real, she's gotten what she deserves a lot in the past year, so really, what's the issue? 

She's a good model, slightly boring or perhaps insecure on the runway, something she needs to work on. 

Ok, done with this issue. ✌🏻

14 hours ago, Marciotmello said:

This post reeks of fan-induced insecurity. 

For all we know, Lais was chosen to wear the FB because that's the result VS officials got when they used random.org, that would help explain some of the previous choices. My argument, however ridiculous it may be, is as valid as yours. Why? Because nobody actually knows why someone is chosen to wear the FB on any given year. 

Don't use her FB to validate her work over the other girls' work. Is Jasmine better than all the other NA because she was chosen first? 

I don't get it when people say she's underrated. She works 3 times as much as Stella/Martha/Sara/Taylor/ combined. She gets more exposure from the company than any of the girls I mentioned. Even so, she literally does nothing outside of the brand. So tell me, why is she underrated?

In any group, there seems to always be some kind of soft spot for the girl who doesn't stand out (ex: The girls that don't sing as much in girlbands). For 2 years, that girl was Laís in most of their big group interviews. I don't hate Laís, nor do I adore her. She's not underrated and she's not overrated. She's there, just like the other girls. The company must see some kind of benefit in having a bunch of representatives: They get through to different crowds, most probably.

1 hour ago, Poseidon said:

This post reeks of fan-induced insecurity. 

For all we know, Lais was chosen to wear the FB because that's the result VS officials got when they used random.org, that would help explain some of the previous choices. My argument, however ridiculous it may be, is as valid as yours. Why? Because nobody actually knows why someone is chosen to wear the FB on any given year. 

Don't use her FB to validate her work over the other girls' work. Is Jasmine better than all the other NA because she was chosen first? 

I don't get it when people say she's underrated. She works 3 times as much as Stella/Martha/Sara/Taylor/ combined. She gets more exposure from the company than any of the girls I mentioned. Even so, she literally does nothing outside of the brand. So tell me, why is she underrated?

In any group, there seems to always be some kind of soft spot for the girl who doesn't stand out (ex: The girls that don't sing as much in girlbands). For 2 years, that girl was Laís in most of their big group interviews. I don't hate Laís, nor do I adore her. She's not underrated and she's not overrated. She's there, just like the other girls. The company must see some kind of benefit in having a bunch of representatives: They get through to different crowds, most probably.

I stopped reading at the mention of "Taylor". Do you REALLY think Lais has more exposure than TAYLOR? Lais doesn't even have a fragrance campaign os something like this.

Resultado de imagem para tulla luana gif

If you think Lais isn't doing shit outsite VS then you should go to her thread and IG posts. If you're talking about HF runway, Lais herself said she doesn't do HF anymore because of her son and racism in the industry. 

About the left-out, that's exactly what i said. she's been ganing more and more exposure since the FB. 

Lais is receiving the attention she deserves. Calling her underrated will only invalidate her work, as it will make people question if she deserves it in the first place. Let her do her job and celebrate the success that she has been having. None of the New Angels are really underrated at this point, since even Stella and Martha are starting to get a bunch of photoshoots. 

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:21 PM, Marciotmello said:

I'm pretty sure that her FB has nothing to do with Bellemere. She worked hard for the FB and she was really a standout in the campaigns; if trying to appeace her was the reason for her to get the FB, then it shouldn't be her, but Taylor or Sara whom were the first to talk about him. Also, Lais is friends with the entire VS team, I don't think she sees VS as company, but as a family, seriously she gave VS what VS didn't deserve for treating her like shit. Years of loyalty to a brand that literally earned millions over her while she was waiting her contract. She had her FB because VS finally realised how good she is, you can check by the FB reactions: everyone, literally everyone loved the fact that Lais was chosen to wear the FB and I think VS is not stupid enough to fire her now that they realised that she in fact is a public fav. 

Lol @ earning millions over her. Girl was getting paid to model for VS and probably very well. It's not like she did it for free.

22 hours ago, GlitterAndWings said:

Two pieces in particular have me scratching my head...

Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 3.43.35 PM.png

The bra looks like what a prostitute would use in cabaret. :rofl: WTF happens with the company; I do not even go near the VS stores anymore, it's usually embarrassing for me to enter

3 hours ago, almanaotemcor said:

The bra looks like what a prostitute would use in cabaret. :rofl: WTF happens with the company; I do not even go near the VS stores anymore, it's usually embarrassing for me to enter

I highly doubt that the purpose of this bra is to be worn out public. It's for special ocasions and this is a lingerie company.  "What a prostitute would use in cabaret" >>>> boring tshirt bras

^ Who is the model in the "self-care sunday underway" post VS made?

She's not cute. VS is choosing such bland models. Almost all of the new girls are unattractive.

Idk what you all are talking about in regards to Lais, but I think she deserved the FB. However, I think she's a boring and shitty model and her torso freaks me out. I certainly wouldnt hire her to model for me, but since VS chose her eons ago and she has worked steadily and dependably for them, I am happy she got the FB. I just wish VS would get rid of her now. 

You have the most peculiar definition of bland tbh based on who you list as your favorites and those you call flat out ugly. Which is fine, but always throws me for a loop. 

Btw that’s Yasmin wijnaldum and I personally find her gorgeous and she’s a force to be reckoned with on the runway so I hope they keep using her. 

Love Yasmin but that’s not my fave purity pic of her. Having said that, I hope they keep using her to her full potential.

Irrespective of people’s opinions, Lais has been with VS for almost half a decade (?) and she must sell or they would have sent her packing  so her Fantasy Bra was a nice touch and probably a commercial decision as much as an emotional or promotional one.