Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

It seems like the feds are going after and announcing the "clowns" first.  These  were dumb enough to forget that a federal building has cameras everywhere.  The serious guys are the ones with combat helmets, gas masks, tazer guns, tactical gear, bats, etc. and concealed their face.

Also there were logs transported to smash the doors in. 

4 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

Here's a solution............... just nuke all of social media, bet you mental health improves drastically.

I am not in favor of banning right wing agitators from social media.  If too many opinion leaders are banned-  as often the case in life- they will just mass migrate to another platform and seclude themselves without having to argue with critics.    The issue is with the creation extremists, who flourish in a silo-like environment without contact with outside views.   For many years, the Neo-Nazi forum Stormfront was the no. 1 open place where a lot of white supremacists gathered.  It got shut down after the violence at Charlottesville.   

I think Trump should be banned though.  

Well.... shit. :cry2:

I do agree to the fact that Trump should be banned from running again. Ever. Not because I just don’t like him, but the things that he said, causing the riot should not be swept under the rug and forgotten. 

Removal from office/ invoking the 25th amendment? Not gonna happen. 

Also, all the idiots involved with what happened on Tuesday? Shouldn’t they have known better? Oh yeah, the mob rules mentality. 

2 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Okay, I'll bite. Show me when and where Schumer, Pelosi and Pence advocated for rioting and looting. I'll wait.

Read his post first and then read mine............. politicians are officials.

Keep waiting. :nicole:

10 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

After they arrested desk guy, 

They arrested podium guy and berserker guy 

And the delegate from the House 

I am curious about Zip tie guy and the retired air force Lt. Colonel (also with the zip ties)

Zip tie guy has been identified thanks to some of his mother's social media posts.

Though I don't know if he has been arrested or not. IIRC, he is a waiter from Nashville?

Zip Tie guy is a bartender, seems to be an overzealous kid.  Both him and the Lt. Colonel will be arrested for sure.

The shit talker with the trump sweater that chased the black police officer inside of building (ahead of the mob) and later shit talked the police captain, demanding him to give up, has already been arrested.

There is a possibility that the zip ties were found on the ground.  In the footage the protesters stole A LOT of riot gear from the police, particularly shields.

There's also the thermopylae' fight through the doorway that crushed the police officer causing him to scream.  This has been replayed in the media a lot but not the two people directly responsible. There was a kid that repeatedly punched him in the face and tore off his gas mask, and then another kid shit talking him for a long time while pushing him ahead of the crowd.

12 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

I do agree to the fact that Trump should be banned from running again. Ever. Not because I just don’t like him, but the things that he said, causing the riot should not be swept under the rug and forgotten. 

Removal from office/ invoking the 25th amendment? Not gonna happen. 

Also, all the idiots involved with what happened on Tuesday? Shouldn’t they have known better? Oh yeah, the mob rules mentality. 

i watched the footage I posted here twice, it is quite disturbing to see how lawless and fired up the mob was, like they were out there to lynch someone.  Extremely excited and volatile once inside the building.  Saw a guy with a bat just randomly smacking the walls and others trying to break into locked doors.

To me Trump's leadership during COVID has been one of the most disastrous in US history and it has been grotesque and overweighs even his role in this raid.

It really seems like the Election fraud agenda was just a stepping stone to coming back in 2024 or just furthering his political career as an agitator.  In 4 years people will forget the details and he could always refer to it and change/refine the story.  Also for the past 4 years it seems like Mitt Romney's intentional and vocal moves against mainstream and alt right conservatives- culminating in his aggressive speech on Jan 6- and positioning himself as the RINO par excellence has an agenda too.  I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to run for President again in 2024.

13 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

That was going to happen anyway in my opinion if the 6th didn't happen.

It's his own fault too, had 4 years to reform Section 230 and didn't do crap.

There is a sequence of events that can be seen through the footage.

There is a fight for the rotunda and a main entrance to the building.  But protesters go through the rear.

The mob reached the doors of the chamber while the Secret Service was securing the officials.  They smashed the windows, the agent shot the woman trying to jump in.   The officials and staff went downstairs, into a tunnel towards a bunker and/or some other exit. 

Not sure if the police squad with M-4s arrived late to the scene or they were too scared of the mob to stop them from smashing the windows.  But certainly they secured the doorway.  

Then eventually the protesters got into the chamber and I didn't see any police or secret service, so my guess is that a lot of security evacuated after they secured the officials and left a rather passive skeleton crew hanging around, which can be seen in the first video.  Protesters then freely filtered in and out of the building, and the rotunda, which was fought for by the protesters, was already abandoned by the police some time before.

There's a rumor/story that the black police officer chased by the shit talker was acting as a decoy for the new mob that burst though.  He pushed the guy, made him angry, and then went left.  The whole group followed him upstairs where the police captain and others were waiting.  

If the mob went right, they would have found themselves at the chamber.

Definitely seems to be true. If you watch the video you can even see him glancing left to check if there is any security on the door. Then he pushes the guy and leads the mob right.

I just saw the footage of officer Sicknick being dragged outside and essentially beaten to death (he died from the injuries later on). Incredibly savage stuff, sickening and disgusting. I hope every single person who took part in that goes to prison for a very long time.

20 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

At this point, any effort to non-violently sideline Trump seems warranted. It does raise one potentially interesting issue though, that presumably now it'll be rather difficult for journalists or historians to look back on what Trump tweeted with a degree of accuracy. Future generations might need to know about the time he encouraged the Duchess of Cambridge to pose naked for the paparazzi, or when he was highly preoccupied with the relationship between Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart for some reason.

In all seriousness though, I'd imagine that independent records of them probably do exist somewhere, but perhaps an official resource should archive them in some way.