Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

Part of it could be that Trump protests are not as violent as BLM protests. I've seen my share of them in other cities. 

I've been waiting for about 12 years for significant "right wing terrorism".  It always seemed like the logical development but it didn't happen despite the media focusing on reporting it. Given how much hatred these groups have for Congress- and the portion of their lives they dedicate to hating political figures and conspiracy theories they took a long time.  Their groups remained primitive.  I suspect that this incident will increase membership and funding to these fringe groups.  If this go far enough right wing terrorism may become a real thing (eg. red state rich funding terrorists to storm federal buildings,  kill people they don't like, and plant bombs that can demolish buildings and kill everyone inside- create an army of timmy mcVeigh's).  Given the content of right wing agitation and their hatred for Congress and Democratic leaders maybe one day they will try to blow up Congress while it's in session and kill the president- like Guy Fawkes.

US military and police leaning toward masculine thinking and tend to lean conservative, if these groups recruit ex or current members with special skills in planning and executing operations like assassinations and bomb building their effectiveness could be hugely increased.

The Trump protesters actually erected a podium designed to look like the Capitol was being hanged by a noose on this day.

As much as I'm broadly in favour of de-escalation tactics, the difference is that there's a degree of sympathy between law enforcement and the radicalised Republican grassroots. Largely because Trump protesters probably wouldn't try to threaten the status quo but likely seek to reinforce it.

If there comes a point where the police start to feel they're also being threatened in some way, they'll stop passively observing and close ranks.

27 minutes ago, Michael* said:

As much as I'm broadly in favour of de-escalation tactics, the difference is that there's a degree of sympathy between law enforcement and the radicalised Republican grassroots. Largely because Trump protesters probably wouldn't try to threaten the status quo but likely seek to reinforce it.

05xp-tweet-superJumbo.jpg 

This SWAT trooper has a Q-anon badge, one of the groups involved.  Of course the idiot got lost his job..

46 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

This was outside on that day.  Yesterday I listened to a live phone interview with AOC on ABC- she expressed concerns over her life.  Naturally she and Pelosi will be some of the first people to be killed if they up the ante.

Those 2 are already definitely upping the ante along with other progressive turds and Rinos.

They're definitely gaslighting besides the MSM, corporations, and Big Tech.

Joe Biden unites no one!

Both sides aren't questioning how we got to this point and how we can reconcile rather than slap band aids on it. Which only leaves one option CIVIL WAR.

I'm sorry but I have a hard time perceiving people who forcefully invaded the Capitol and then proceeded to trash and steal things as sympathetic?

Over sixty cops injured, one of them dead.

Also, the guys with zipties and guns on them who invaded the chamber clearly had very nefarious ideas about what they might get up to once inside.

So I don't see how it's unrealistic for any Congressman or woman to have feared for their safety.

25 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

Not true Trump supporters.................. Richard Spencer. :rofl:

You know what I mean- even fringe right wing groups- if in the future they manage to recruit US military and police members with special operations and explosives skills and their terrorism could be huge- regardless of their small numbers.

I feel like the right wing groups they are stuck in a vice- deep down inside they want the left to removed from America,  but due to their traditional values & middle class/rural upbringing the vast majority don't have any skills or the guts to put themselves and their families at risk.

10 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Also, the guys with zipties and guns on them who invaded the chamber clearly had very nefarious ideas about what they might get up to once inside.

Yesterday it was  reported that they found 3 pipe bombs, 12 molotov cocktails, and a "long gun" (sniper rifle?).  At least there were a few terrorist minded types among the thousands.

1 hour ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

I'm sorry but I have a hard time perceiving people who forcefully invaded the Capitol and then proceeded to trash and steal things as sympathetic?

"Degree of sympathy" was me putting it politely, of course. Really all I meant by that was that law enforcement and right-wing politics have a long history of being in alignment.

Therefore it seemingly wasn't until an attempt was made to storm areas of the building where elected representatives were being kept for safety, that the perception of this as a genuine threat was belatedly hit upon.

There's no question though that it was an attempt to override and reverse a legitimate democratic process, however stupid and unstrategic it may have seemed.

Suggestions that some GRU operatives might have used the opportunity to infiltrate the Capitol among the mob and steal data from computers.

No way to be sure if that happened but it's undeniably possible considering the level of chaos and the total loss of control of the building by the Capitol police.

6 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

I don't like what they did either, but they had no other option for their voice to be heard. People were pissed not that Trump lost, but how he lost with a lot of irregularities with evidence and whistleblowers that swore under oath. It wasn't even looked into. Had it been the other way you can damn guarantee it would have been looked into. That would've deescalated a lot of the anger.

6 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

So I don't see how it's unrealistic for any Congressman or woman to have feared for their safety.

Certain ones I have sympathy for, others can fuck off after what they called for and praised throughout the year. As soon as it came to their doorstep they hid behind their private security.

Trump is certainly to blame for escalating it and deserves scrutiny. Others get/got a free pass without accountability.

29 minutes-  this looks like the "front line", a tough "breakthrough sector".  The other one was porous and they got in with little resistance. 

very disappointed to see this take place.  There is also a video of Trumpers destroying MSM media equipment.