Bellazon

Food

Joe > Average

jDsB50Ic.jpg 20RuBD0Q.jpg

I tried to tackle a recipe from Chrissy Teigen's blog, and made her soft pretzels and spicy cheese sauce dip and I'm really happy they turned out well! I cut back on the jalepenos but next time I'm going to add them all for that kick. I made a tray in the traditional pretzel shape, but they're ugly as hell so no picture of those. :rofl:

I am currently on holiday traveling the world. I'm on my 4th day overseas and loving it. My first stop is Yerevan in Armenia. I'm half Armenian so coming here was important. So here are some amazing food I've had so far.

post-22010-0-00842300-1445557344_thumb.j

Now Armenians are know for their traditional pizza. It's called lahmajun it basically means meat bread and it's delicious. So I had to get some traditional lahmajun. You smother it in lemon and eat it. Delicious.

post-22010-0-54108500-1445557415_thumb.j

My hotel here offers continental breakfast. Traditional Armenian breakfast consists of breads, cheeses, fruits, cold meat, fruits and pastries so I had it all.

post-22010-0-00697100-1445557490_thumb.j

A delicious and juicy salad. Cabbage and carrot with a yummy dressing. And some Armenian bread.

post-22010-0-46894900-1445557554_thumb.j

Now this is the prized dish. In Yerevan there is a place called Khinkali and they make the most scrumptious delicious dumplings. They are filled with meat and cheese and there is juice also in them. When you cut into them the juice flows everywhere. They have boiled and fried options so I tried both.

post-22010-0-50748700-1445557646_thumb.j

And lastly I'm obsessed with the chocolate Daim. We only have the chocolate in Australia so when I saw ice cream on the store shelf here in Armenia I thought hell yes I'm getting it.

That's my food so far and this is only my 4th day and I have another 40 days globe trotting. Get prepared for my travel and food pictures lol.

jDsB50Ic.jpg 20RuBD0Q.jpg

I tried to tackle a recipe from Chrissy Teigen's blog, and made her soft pretzels and spicy cheese sauce dip and I'm really happy they turned out well! I cut back on the jalepenos but next time I'm going to add them all for that kick. I made a tray in the traditional pretzel shape, but they're ugly as hell so no picture of those. :rofl:

Those look good. 

Kevork,, safe journeys, your food pics are making me hungry! 

post-22010-0-64117700-1445643540_thumb.j

A delicious sweet treat today. An Italian chocolate pie from a place called Crumbs in Yerevan. Yerevan is very much a 1960s-80s ex Soviet city so it has that typical Soviet look to it. So all cafes and restaurants have that look but there's also a new more modern look coming in and Crumbs is one of those places. This was simply delicious.

I am now in London on my first day. I got in around 10 last night and was starving so I ordered room service. Having been in Armenia nearly a week it was great to not have anymore Armenian food and get back eating to what I'm used to. So I ordered a burger and fries and it was heavenly. Hit the spot. And then today for lunch I went to an Italian place near my hotel. I had 3 course meal all to myself. Deep fried dough balls dusted in Parmesan with garlic butter. Chicken pesto penne and some chocolate brownie gelato. And just now I found these Cadbury Daim and Oreos in a store. I was like wtf?!? I need them in my life.

image93198.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

This thread is a delight, so, naturally, I had to butt in. And now I'm starving and it's only 0430 dammit. 
Some of the culinary highlights of my semester:

From my pilgrimage to Bosnia/Croatia, from left to right, mojitos on mojitos; shrimp on polenta. I wish I had photographed the ?evap?i?i in Mostar because it changed my life...
kmoIIA6h.jpg pc7ivOVa.jpg RxTkE01l.jpg 

After several months apart from my Scotland, the first thing I wanted was Irn-Bru, the nectar of the gods :hehe: If you ever come to Scotland, you have to try it. A dinner of scallops on a bed of admittedly the most bizarre vegetable I've ever tried, and back home before I left a brunch with a chicken-pesto-cheese-bacon-other things sandwich and truffle chips. My parents were paying  ;)

XxkT1O8y.jpg Gxv2FQyp.jpg AJW3yift.jpg

And then some other miscellaneous. A blackberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream; mint tea at the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam with a friend; an amazing taco far, far outside of Britain; and tonkotsu ramen with extra ajitama, chasu, and corn. I miss that ramen house so much I want to cry. 

B75byyq0.jpg z2GBJBUE.jpg F1ThntFX.jpg  Xn60x2wr.jpg

Any Americans going to throw me a (literal) bone and show me your Thanksgiving table? :p

Stormbringer: It's an orange soda with a ton of caffeine and sugar, we use it as a hangover cure  :laugh: You basically had a full English and steak for dinner, how lovely!

Thanks, Alexandra  :heart: It has literally all been sandwiches and tears otherwise so I couldn't resist showing off.