Bellazon

Football

goose

It's not so much the handball incident that bugs me, it was the way FIFA brought in the seeding system for the play-off draw, as an afterthought to stack the odds against the so-called lesser teams. If it hadn't been for Slovenia springing a surprise, they'd have had a clean sweep <_<

I'm not sure even the scumbags at Fifa can rig this so that South Africa are guaranteed a second round spot. Were they go to go through, they'd still end up losing to Denmark or some other 'tactically efficient' team, anyway. Such excitement!

Unfortunately I fear the looming barrage of smug corporate multi-nationalism that will no doubt infest the competition's commercial breaks. This particularly pleased with itself advert seems to have been regrettably re-introduced in anticipation of the draw.

The worst one ever, which I couldn't find on YouTube, was from 2006, for Rogers cellphones. I won't describe it in detail, but let's just say it left a distinctly How I Met Your Mother type of vibe in the air.