Bellazon

Football

goose

*sigh* Another Liverpool season <_<

Apart from having Gerrard playing way too high up the pitch yesterday and Skrtel and Carragher nearly knocking each other daft, I actually thought Liverpool did ok for the most part. They could do with Riera back to get more supply from wide positions, but they'll be strong again this season.

Chelsea and Man Utd got off to shaky starts as well (United especially had a couple of lucky escapes against Birmingham), they just got away with it because they were playing against weaker opposition than Spurs.

eNe,

Carleto and Zigic have been doing pretty alright in preseason from the highlights I've seen. Moya, Bruno and Mathieu have as well but no surprise there. I've been trying to keep up with all the new players but its impossible :chicken: Just watching on youtube so I can't really tell who is who, but would love to see more of Banega.

We're playing Manyoo and Arsenal in preseason soon, with Villa, Silva and Mata set to return! :woot:

Liverpool have been so disappointing in preseason. I think we'll be lucky to hang onto 4th this year <_<

Wilshere is fabulous though :drool:

I'm in awe, that all 3 of them are still our players. At the end of last season, I was OK with keeping only one of them.

I'm glad Valencia defeated Arsenal. Hopefully that'll motivate them.

On the other hand, Arsenal is off with a crazy start. 1-6 at 'pool, vs Everton, and now 0-2 at Celtic. Hopefully they'll keep their current form throughout the whole year.

And Manyoo, just lost last night. Life's great, isn't it?

BTW, I'm sory that you guys have lost to Spurs. But there is enough time to make up for it. ;)

On a quick review to the weekend, I think my teams faired quite well, but it could have been better.

Manure was extremely lucky against Arsenal (for how many times now). We just showed how to lose a game, when your opponent can't create anything on the field. Give them a stupid penalty, and an own goal. Nevertheless, it was obvious that Arsenal, even without Cesc, was a better team than ManU. Fergie's starting lineup was evidence that he was scared from us. I think it was a win-win for both teams.

Juve defeated Roma, displaying once again how to use the transfer period the right way. Our newcomers Diego, and Felipe Mello were the heroes of the game. BTW, for the first time there is a brazilian influx at Juve. Hope they'll fair good.

Valencia defeated Sevilla, to have a good start. Still early to talk though, but I'm excited.

Chelsea keeps on winning, but I don't know if they were really tested? Gotta admit the Drogba-Anelka duo looks scary.

Robben was awesome in his first game under Bayern jersey, scoring twice in the 3-0 victory over the reigning champs.

Milan lost badly against Inter. I hope they'll do better as the season goes on.

Strange to see Eduardo get a two-game Champions League ban for what would have been a yellow card offence on the night :dontgetit:
Also agreed. The whole thing is stupid. Then again, it's UEFA :cain:

That got me shocked. I didn't see the play, but it probably was an obvious flop from Eduardo, but even if so, 2 game suspesion is BS. I have never even heard of 2 game suspensions for goals scored with hands, leave alone a flop. <_<

--------

One other crazy thing I heard is that the Croatian Federation is blaming England for intentionally injuring their key players prior to games they'll have against England. Eduardo was injured by Birmingham prior to England-Croatia Euro08 qualification game, and now Luka Modriç of Spurs is injured, and will be out for 3 months. I didn't see the play that Modriç got injured, but I think it shall raise some eyebrows. If anyone doesn't remember, Eduardo was injured by a Birmingham player in only the 4th minute of the game, while the play wasn't even that threatening to turn into a good scoring situation by Arsenal. I have seen a lot of bad, and harsh fouls, but that was one of he most merciless, and unneccessary ones I have ever seen in my life.

I hope our English friends here don't take my words the wrong way, but I think the worries of the Croatian side are quite reasonable.

Chelsea keeps on winning, but I don't know if they were really tested? Gotta admit the Drogba-Anelka duo looks scary.

I went to the game when we played Chelsea a couple of weeks back. We got a good early goal from Darren Bent but apart from that we hardly got a kick. Their brilliance was lost on a lot of people that night because it looked like our players weren't trying to compete and close down, when in actual fact Chelsea were just moving the ball around quicker than we could even think. :wacko:

Strange to see Eduardo get a two-game Champions League ban for what would have been a yellow card offence on the night :dontgetit:

Also agreed. The whole thing is stupid. Then again, it's UEFA :cain:

That got me shocked. I didn't see the play, but it probably was an obvious flop from Eduardo, but even if so, 2 game suspesion is BS. I have never even heard of 2 game suspensions for goals scored with hands, leave alone a flop. <_<

I saw the Rooney and Raul penalties a few days later and they were both very similar situations - a forward getting ahead of a goalkeeper and anticipating contact. All three were halfway down before being touched, Eduardo was just caught out because the Celtic keeper didn't make a rash challenge. Stuff like that goes on every week <_<