Bellazon

Football

goose

I had you down as more of a PES man, Ed! :o

I was...then I converted to FIFA09 because it was better. FIFA10 is good, but it has become more PES-like in its game play, so I'm not too pleased with that :no: Have yet to try out the new PES though but the slider and card options look like a good addition.

I come bearing gifs that need no football knowledge on my part to know that this should be funny to you guys.

post-83-0-1446013936-98023_thumb.gif

Damn you Fiddy! :persuazn:

lol, excellent :laugh:

Go Gunners ;)

I captained Fabregas in Fantasy Football this weeek :drool: :woot:

I had you down as more of a PES man, Ed! :o

I was...then I converted to FIFA09 because it was better. FIFA10 is good, but it has become more PES-like in its game play, so I'm not too pleased with that :no: Have yet to try out the new PES though but the slider and card options look like a good addition.

I came out of console retirement just last month so I haven't played any of the newer games yet, but I was always a huge fan of the PES games for the PS2. Perhaps it's time to give FIFA a chance :unsure:

EDIT: If only it was the other way around and I'd been a FIFA fan, I could have talked about giving PES a chance. A golden opportunity for a crap joke missed! :pinch:

It just reminded me of the John Lennon song "Give Peace A Chance" - there could be a terrible TV ad in there somewhere :blush:

PES6 - was that for the PS2? I think it might have been the last version of the game I played. It seemed like there was a bit of a shift in 5 and 6, from games being won and lost in midfield to more focus on physicality in defence and attack. Perhaps they went a bit too far with that on the later ones. <_<

What's Dirk been up to in Sydney?

Yeah, PES6 was on PS2 only. Probably the last one to be solely on the PS2. PES 5 was crap. They slowed it down too much and it was too stop-start - ruined the gameplay.

In other news, FIFA 10 has taken a step into the PES realm - it's too fast, end-to-end stuff, it's really just becomes an endless series of counter attacks. Also, they make world class players far too good. That being said, they did something that PES didn't to counteract the dribbling and star players "glitch" - they made tackling a hell of a lot easier! As a defender, all you have to do is run up next to the person with the ball and voila, the ball magically appears at your feet, evening the game out somewhat. They also made shooting harder. After all that, I'd rather FIFA 09 <_<

I couldn't get any tickets to go watch Kuyt :cry: I missed out on seeing my hero! I wanted Kuyt to score but he didn't do much and got subbed at half time. Otherwise he has been hiding under my bed, waiting for night time. He's a vampire ya know ;)

So, what happened to England? :idk:

I couldn't get any tickets to go watch Kuyt :cry: I missed out on seeing my hero! I wanted Kuyt to score but he didn't do much and got subbed at half time. Otherwise he has been hiding under my bed, waiting for night time. He's a vampire ya know ;)

liverpooldirkkuyt562661.jpg

(Opposition player's neck not pictured :laugh:)

So, what happened to England? :idk:

Just a classic case of getting too complacent following a good run, I think. The players took Ukraine far too lightly and got what they deserved, really. It's not the end of the world and it won't have too much bearing on the WC campaign, but it is annoying that such good players are prone to such stupid lapses. The most worrying thing to take from the match is that Rio now looks like he's slower than Terry :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, PES6 was on PS2 only. Probably the last one to be solely on the PS2. PES 5 was crap. They slowed it down too much and it was too stop-start - ruined the gameplay.

In other news, FIFA 10 has taken a step into the PES realm - it's too fast, end-to-end stuff, it's really just becomes an endless series of counter attacks. Also, they make world class players far too good. That being said, they did something that PES didn't to counteract the dribbling and star players "glitch" - they made tackling a hell of a lot easier! As a defender, all you have to do is run up next to the person with the ball and voila, the ball magically appears at your feet, evening the game out somewhat. They also made shooting harder. After all that, I'd rather FIFA 09 <_<

Just had the chance to try out PES 2010 and it's just not the same game I knew and loved. Looks like they've gone for the all-out arcade experience, so the feeling of momentum gradually swaying between the teams is long gone. It's also getting way too easy to score and concede. It's so frustrating when an opposition forward slots the ball into your goal while the keeper stands dead still and looks at everybody else (in a style clearly modelled on Craig Gordon) :/

It's out? I might have to give it a try.

And sadly, yes; it's pretty easy to score in PES games. So, are you converting? :shifty:

I think I'm on the brink. The best thing PES has going for it this year is the official Champions League licence, with the logo plastered all over the place and the theme tune. No doubt that'll help the game sell pretty well. The Master League is still there too, which is good, but it's no longer the kind of game you could pick up and play for hours. The relentless you-have-a-go, we'll-have-a-go pace of each game just gets too frustrating. :(