Bellazon

Football

goose

Once again, the media have got it spot-on! I wouldn't want to be in Chelsea's shoes this year, desperately trying to survive the winter without their African players and having to rely on rubbish like Anelka and Ballack :cain:

It's not even poor anymore... it's deserved :|

Rafa seems to be getting more cautious than ever - a 4-4-2 with six defenders and two holding midfielders. I know Stoke tend to drag you down to their level but not usually before the kick-off.

Does he not rate Riera these days? :blink:

As I suspected they would, after their jammy smash and grab at Villa Park, Liverpool have returned to being hopeless. Though let's be fair, Reading were really, really good in midweek and definitely deserved to win. The Stoke game was almost unwatchable, just utterly tedious stuff (mostly from the home side, urgh) until right at the end when everyone decided to wake up.

With Spurs, City and Liverpool all messing up, we had a brilliant opportunity to gain ground on 4th this weekend. A home game against a team who's last clean sheet was in 1763, when Bobby Moore was captain, etc. What could possibly go wrong? Oh, right. The truth is that when we're good, we are good but when we're lacking ideas we really are easy to find out. Too one dimensional, too much wing play, too many woeful crosses that no one ever makes runs for anyway.

Still, we're 90 minutes away from Wembley! Keep your fingers crossed for me, won't you!

Once again, the media have got it spot-on! I wouldn't want to be in Chelsea's shoes this year, desperately trying to survive the winter without their African players and having to rely on rubbish like Anelka and Ballack :cain:
It's not even poor anymore... it's deserved :|

Rafa seems to be getting more cautious than ever - a 4-4-2 with six defenders and two holding midfielders. I know Stoke tend to drag you down to their level but not usually before the kick-off.

Does he not rate Riera these days? :blink:

I can't believe Bent still scored <_< I'll never buy him for Fantasy :mad:

Aurelio doesn't defend well. He can whip in good crosses, played on our left wing before. As for Degen, he doesn't know how to spell defend so putting him on the right wing was about right. I think we're dragging Stoke down to our level!

Riera was injured the last time I heard anything about him (start of Dec) but he's been rubbish on the left anyway.

ASTON VILLA 6-4 BLACKBURN ROVERS: A Portrait of Insanity

0-2 So, for the first 30 minutes...I was like this

post-9484-0-1446013940-80661_thumb.gif

1-2 Then quite suddenly, the fight back began!

6af5da08-4ec2-4e98-8ed1-08fad403be5.jpg

2-2 Penalty! Sending off for Samba!

avram3lt0.jpg

3-2 We take the lead!

19243g.jpg

4-2 Okay now I feel relaxed

340xp.jpg

5-2 By this point I was in some kind of fantasy land

jgl.jpg

Then...the tension returns! 5-3

post-9484-0-1446013940-86051_thumb.jpg

OH GOD!!! 5-4

post-9484-0-1446013940-89685_thumb.jpg

Until finally...

Sweet, sweet victory 6-4

white_dance_club.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

This thread has less momentum than Chester City! OH GOD.

So much to discuss, where to begin? Tony Mowbray's leaky Celtic defense? Notts County's ownership problems? Portsmouth possibly going into administration? Aston Villa's manly draw at Crystal Palace?! The sacrilege that was the referee in Bayern's victory over Borussia Dortmund?

Oh okay, okay, :laugh:

Come On You Blues! :D

The Toffees have been fun to watch in the past few weeks... :|

As an Premier League atheist, I have to admit that their lure is getting strong...

They're like a pretty brunette showing just enough leg to attract my attention, and that empty barstool next to her is slowly beaconing me. :ninja:

Sorry Ed! :p

So much to discuss, where to begin? Portsmouth possibly going into administration?

Hard to believe that Harry Redknapp's name has barely been mentioned in connection with Portsmouth's plight. The club are on the brink of extinction because of his spending and dodgy dealings with Mandaric, all while he was busy boasting in interviews about working within financial constraints and balancing the books.

Hard to believe that Harry Redknapp's name has barely been mentioned in connection with Portsmouth's plight. The club are on the brink of extinction because of his spending and dodgy dealings with Mandaric, all while he was busy boasting in interviews about working within financial constraints and balancing the books.

Spot on as usual, Michael. I hope John Bull doesn't still post here though, otherwise he'll be quick to defend his favourite crook!

Stories of his dodgy dealings are all very entertaining until clubs start going to the wall. His previous three are in complete financial ruin. Of course, somebody else would have sanctioned all of Portsmouth's transfer activity but the media's determination to blame everybody but 'Arry left me questioning my own sanity. :blink:

My personal favourite - "For me, Gerrard is the one who drives people on, Richard." :laugh:

By the way Fred, thanks for doing us a favour against Burnley - I spent most of yesterday taking part in the traditional Sunderland fans' pastime of praying for the teams below us to lose. Much appreciated!