Bellazon

2021 SI Swimsuit

16 minutes ago, LittleGorm said:

The only half-way decent photographer here is Ben Watts. Tsai is lousy. You have some very beautiful women and most of the photogs could not bring that out. Must agree this issue is not good, I give it a D-.

I have no idea what SI is doing to their models but they all look old, frumpy, and basic and without the right makeup some of these younger models are looking rough.

I love Taylor Sharpe but her pictures are complete dog shit and when you compare them to her IG posts the SI pictures look even worse so thanks for that MJ :( Also why in the hell are they putting a yellow wash over some of the pictures? It makes the images look super dated, and lastly I'm not even going to touch the All Meat And No Potatoes thing so prevalent in 70% of the gals, or the fact that I'm struggling to determine who may or may not be biologically a woman.

Worst issue to date: D-

I fully expect a dude and a vertically challenged person next year.

6 minutes ago, peroxideblonde said:

can they fire Yu and get like Victor Robertof and Cameron Hammond?

I don't believe they pay their photographers and if so they're stuck with newer people and photographers who are loyal to the brand like Ben, James, Yu. I just asked Tran what's up with the whole paying vs not paying thing and I'll let you know what he says

Tran is........ KeKing right now at the issue.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

This is in reference to one of the models in the magazine this year who doesn't know how to model and will go out of her way to stay in the shade while shooting.

image.pngimage.png

image.png

Leaving out parts of the convo... But it summery.

SI has to pay for the Photographers, and they have to pay a lot.... something they don't like or don't want to do, so they use newbies/lesser known photographers and friends like Yu/James/Ben who do it for cheap, or for free.

The pictures are bad because either the photographers are bad, and or the editing makes the pictures bad or worse then they normally are without retouching, also bad models. Plus he feels the photographers aren't giving the models enough direction and are just paying it super safe. They don't find the "truth" in the models

image.png

He knows what some of these models can do as he's worked with them and has never had pictures come out bad. 

He is not impressed with the models, most of which have made his dick fall off.  He's not a fan of this "natural" thing they're doing.

Jesus I wish I could show you some of his convo LOL 

image.png

SI must have really burnt some bridges with swimsuit brands because so many of these are flat out hideous. They look super dated, nothing is on trend or classic. 

Here for Maggie only pretty much. A lot of the posing from all the models (even veterans) looks incredibly amateur. 

edit: Damn, they wiped their entire Instagram. Fully committed to this rebrand. 

2 hours ago, Luca Taidelli said:

Yu Tsai compared to Kate Powers or Anne Menke is a giant, I know only this ...

I actually like Kate Powers :ninja: but yeah the photography this year is a mess.

If I have the time and energy I will go through all the pictures tomorrow but so far the entire thing is trash lol

That's what they/we get when people don't want to spend more money for better quality photoshoots. Plus, they want "natural beauty" when they photoshop even their buttholes. That's not natural at all imo.

11 minutes ago, lostdiadem said:

That's what they/we get when people don't want to spend more money for better quality photoshoots. Plus, they want "natural beauty" when they photoshop even their buttholes. That's not natural at all imo.

Truth ^^

Tran has mentioned in the past that a lot of photographers are scared to even remotely put a hand on a girl to get her to move in a certain direction so they can achieve the best picture, and because of the zero contact rule the quality of pictures is in decline across the board. As a result certain photographers have started using 4000HD+ drones to get 360 degree images of models thus getting perfect angles every time and great pictures as a result (as long as the photographer knows how to edit his or her own pics). I personally know Tran uses drone the majority of time now.  MJ's photographers need to get on it! Also someone teach Yu how to edit because hunny this isn't is.

image.png

:rofl:

4 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

Model - Emily DiDonato

Location - Sacramento California

Photographer - Anne Menke 

Not gonna lie, I actually thought this was her farm shoot from last year and had to double check a couple of times to be sure.

Also, MJ wasted an opportunity to shoot in Lake Tahoe... wtf! It's a couple hour drive from Sacto/Folsom

aluyn-axj4o.png aq4l6-rusj4.png aphl2-8pkrj.png aqro3-x1bf7.png aax28-fq2wk.png a7ccg-pujvi.png acbml-3eptb.png a9xzv-sd12m.png avk18-6z29j.png ampj1-t6w19.png afr4h-em12g.png a90q0-ajzpe.png a2rfr-lmd02.png actmw-57ht8.png ak98q-4ztuc.png aev9s-h63wz.png avtjd-9n0xj.png aldk3-cl3s9.png als3d-h5us4.png awwh0-97t96.png au7va-o2m3e.png a6tnx-1wajg.png azsg1-8fn6d.png aadtf-321ci.png atjqh-ou3np.png am7jo-eusbq.png a1y1w-zrdeh.png azgyy-cnsqi.png a7qwp-uh39b.png arqqv-hsyld.png a8wrg-h7b1f.png ac1si-9t8rq.png a167j-c3uma.png amyss-uohdb.png a005y-qauey.png ameer-2ar72.png a0yjh-9c4kn.png ar91s-zjxmu.png a8r98-7cdhv.png aneqc-jedz7.png ajiir-491zi.png awzaf-bkv3z.png axxgp-6hkw3.png

Two more:

1.thumb.png.4fb8d3e4bd59d89159e509055c2c06e5.png2.thumb.png.907b5d5fd94fb207ab7ce59d58cfd45a.png

33 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

Leaving out parts of the convo... But it summery.

SI has to pay for the Photographers, and they have to pay a lot.... something they don't like or don't want to do, so they use newbies/lesser known photographers and friends like Yu/James/Ben who do it for cheap, or for free.

The pictures are bad because either the photographers are bad, and or the editing makes the pictures bad or worse then they normally are without retouching, also bad models. Plus he feels the photographers aren't giving the models enough direction and are just paying it super safe. They don't find the "truth" in the models

oh jeez, that's not promising...well Victor is not that big and i think he will do it for cheap, not sure about Cameron..i think he's not cheap at all

12 minutes ago, peroxideblonde said:

Kate Bock is still YAWN :rofl: her body is the only good thing but jesus her face is the same in every damn pic..and she looks like she bored as hell and doesn't want to be there

Hater 🤣😂 Kate is trying her BEST.

excited for her return for the next 10 SI Swim issues.

1 hour ago, peroxideblonde said:

the instagram page..

The Memes Archive on Twitter: "Well it's over Nina bonina brown meme… "

I wonder why they scrubbed their IG? Could it be the 434923 posts about Teigen and SI's support of her? :rofl:

Edit - Looking at the comments now and its just people bashing SI for their choice of models.

This is about the level I now expect from SISE.

I thought Maggie & Lais were fine. Not great shoots, but some good shots in there. Yet nothing I will remember in five or ten years.

Almost all of the rest was instantly forgettable.

I had high hopes for Christen Harper (who I love as a model) but it was pretty meh. It's not about her, I have seen her truly shine in swimwear shoots. They somehow found a way to make her look less than her usual self, which is some accomplishment.

I get that the Swimsuit issue cannot possibly be as relevant in 2021 as it was in the 80s or 90s but MJ has definitely precipitated the decline by several years with her choices.