Bellazon

2021 SI Swimsuit

Honestly in other magazines I wouldn't mind it as much, but this magazine is literally called Sports Illustrated... A whole lot of these girls look like they haven't done a single work out/sport in their entire lives. Hard pass :ninja:

I'm here for the Camile Kostek's, the Lorena Duran's of the world but SI has certainly taken it way too far, these so-called models shouldn't be anyone's role model.

22 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

I'm not pulling these from Getty, but a little sample to wet your pallet of what MJ thinks is appropriate for the runway and magazine.

Trigger Warning - the opinions expressed below do not reflect the values of BZ, some of the other staff and are strictly my own because I refuse to buy into this hippy dippy politically correct bullshit... excuse me... Diversity and Inclusion of all types as MODELS. I personally feel models should look like models, and if you are thicc and love your body that's great! more power to you ... but I'd expect MODELS to be at least somewhat toned and look like they give a shit about their body.... As for gals who look like dudes, if that's your thing ... cool beans, but I'm of the mind that woman should have at least an ounce of feminine qualities.... @lostdiadem - Look, I'm covering my bases lol

Don't fret as we all know that men are better at being women than women are, we all should aspire to be like them. :nicole:

12 hours ago, lostdiadem said:

I actually don’t mind thicker models, I’m all for meaty girls, BUT there’s a limit. I envy all those girls who are so confident with their bodies, even when they’re not models or supposed to be models, I’d rather see curvy/thicker models than girls looking like McDonalds fries. Obesity can’t be worshipped in fashion industry, but I like to see girls with some more meat on their bones bouncing as they walk (like Christen, she looks bomb), but this is too much.
Those girls should stay on Instagram, not working for real in the fashion industry.

And nope, NOT MEGHAN THEE STALLION PLEASE. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again... SI has done this to a degree for years.  take a good idea.. and I'm all for featuring models with meat on their bones.. and running it into the ground.  This ship has run way aground and there may be no digging it out

1 hour ago, peroxideblonde said:

MJ and her staff should make another magazine not affiliated with SI..there's nothing related to SI anymore, only the name

That would involve spending money and with the quality their shoots, models, swimsuits, locations and editing has been the last 5-6 years, I think money is the furthest thing they want to spend :/

1 hour ago, Prettyphile said:

That would involve spending money and with the quality their shoots, models, swimsuits, locations and editing has been the last 5-6 years, I think money is the furthest thing they want to spend :/

Well ofc not the same magazine but a less expensive one..if Rachel Cook can make a magazine why not MJ, she must have some good connection too

I skimmed through a lot of the Miami swim week shows.  

All of them had non-model types and obese women in them, but the Sports Illustrated one was the worst by far.  Just strolling through the video was painful.  The majority of women that walked were non-model and obese.  Only Allie Ayers was sexy there.

Pretty much this year has the worst Miami swim week.  The non-models and the obese women have taken so many spots that so many of the really hot girls haven't even walked.

Fun fact. I loathe new rap and by loathe I mean listening to nails on a chalkboard might be more entertaining to me then 95% of what's current and trendy in the world of rap, but with that said I really like Megan and have a couple of her songs on my workout playlist o.o - so with how fucked SI Swim is I feel this overwhelming need to see her on the cover just to add to the shitshow that is the magazine.

4 hours ago, peroxideblonde said:

is Megan Thee Stallion even that big? 

Yes

isn't she a bit popular only thanks to Cardi B? 

No

Doja Cat would have been better

Doja Cat? ....The name sounds super weeb name, or like the name of a titty twitch streamer... or both

^^ In my mind, this is Doja Cat now  uWu

KEKW KEKW

20 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

Yes

No

Doja Cat? ....The name sounds super weeb name, or like the name of a titty twitch streamer... or both

^^ In my mind, this is Doja Cat now  uWu

KEKW KEKW

her song Say So was everywhere, i think is bigger than any song by Megan

7 minutes ago, peroxideblonde said:

her song Say So was everywhere, i think is bigger than any song by Megan

I don't listen to Mainstream music very often so I have absolutely no idea who she is, none what's so ever, but the name still sounds super weeb titty streamer :rofl:

Edit: Just looked up Say So, found the video and.... and she unironically sounds like a little girl and looks like a fancy hooker from Boogie Nights

image.jpg1291195.jpg

7 minutes ago, selyoink said:

Megan Thee Stallion is hotter than almost every model cast this year

I actually believe this!

Can someone please give us an update list of who's going to be in the magazine this year?

Megan is definitely more famous than Doja in the US, Doja I think has had more international success but SI is an American magazine so I understand why they went with Megan. I personally like Megan's music better, I rather not see any of them in the magazine but yeah, they both do look better than most of the models :ninja:

Savage was huge last year in the US, topped the charts for a couple of weeks I think. 

She also had the now iconic hot girl summer, which is now bound to be played, replayed and abused every fucking summer from now on.