Bellazon

Eating Disorder

Hime

betty, yeah i do have stretchmarks on the outer part of my upper thighs. but, i don't think they are that noticable and i don't let them bother me!

I have a little bit of stretchmarks on my inner thighs too from dropping weight and gaining weight so fast. I had an eating disorder when I was high school. It started when I was 15 and lasted until I was 17 ( I'll be 22 this summer ). I'm 5'5 and I dropped to a very thin 94 pounds. My ribs poked out and I used to joke and say that I had hip bones that could cut glass because they were so prominent. I would eat a cup of yogurt a day or sometimes go three or four days with only water and diet pills.

I actually went to an Eating Disorder group meeting at a church in downtown Portland and I did my entire Senior Project on Anorexia and Bulimia. I helped myself recover. I had to. My parents were in denial of my problem and boyfriend ( he's now my ex ) was extremely worried about me, so I kind of forced myself to recover. I stopped visiting model websites and Pro-Ana forums because they were bad for me, I was constantly comparing myself to this ideal beauty that really isn't even a reality ( make-up artists, hair professionals, and airbrushing make it impossible for normal girls and women to be happy with themselves ).

I eventually gained weight ( too much weight, in my opinion ) when I moved in with my boyfriend James. I reached 125 pounds. After we broke up, I started going to the gym three times a week and cooked almost all my own food at home and I got down to a very lean and healthy 115 pounds. Then I met my next boyfriend Nate and we started eating fast food for almost every single meal and I stopped going to the gym. I was up to 130 pounds back in June 2006, then in July I started cooking more and then I got really sick and dropped five pounds that month. Nate and I broke up at the beginning of August and I moved back home with my parents. I officially gave up fast food and I lost about 8 pounds in a month ( from October to November ).

I now weigh between 112-115 pounds. I rarely eat fast food. If I order coffee or tea from Starbucks, it's always no whip cream, skim or fat free milk. I work out at least two times a week, sometimes three if I have time. I have juice in the morning, a Special K cereal bar ( which are really yummy and only 90 calories! ) for a mid-morning snack, a decent sized lunch ( usually a sandwich and juice or water ), and then I have a small dinner. For my height, I think I look best at this weight and I'm very comfortable with my body. I wouldn't want to weigh less than 110 pounds because I think curves are sexy on a woman and so do men! And it's ok to watch what you eat, but please do eat and eat healthy!

It's hard to get out of an eating disorder, especially if you have to do it alone like I did. But talk to your doctors, discuss this with your family, and throw away the scale! Of course, I still have days where it's tough, where I'll skip dinner and all snacks. It's so hard to recover from an illness like anorexia, it stays with you for a long time. But I want to be healthy. Stop comparing yourselves to models. They are beautiful, yes, but they also have the best make-up artists, photographers, lighting, and airbrushing available to them. We'd all look like supermodels with that kind of team helping us!

It's the only body you ever get, girls. Take care of it!

Great post. Super you recovered on your own :yes: There aren't many girls who manage to do what you did; beat that ED and settle at the ideal weight (for their height) Thumbs up for that!

I'm startin to eat healthier and exersise myself. I never had to worry about my weight, but I'm not really toned. More the Mischa Barton kind of frame: skinny and barely any muscle. I wanna sport a more muscular frame, so I'm going to the gym to lift weights and do cardio.

betty, yeah i do have stretchmarks on the outer part of my upper thighs. but, i don't think they are that noticable and i don't let them bother me!

I have a little bit of stretchmarks on my inner thighs too from dropping weight and gaining weight so fast. I had an eating disorder when I was high school. It started when I was 15 and lasted until I was 17 ( I'll be 22 this summer ). I'm 5'5 and I dropped to a very thin 94 pounds. My ribs poked out and I used to joke and say that I had hip bones that could cut glass because they were so prominent. I would eat a cup of yogurt a day or sometimes go three or four days with only water and diet pills.

I actually went to an Eating Disorder group meeting at a church in downtown Portland and I did my entire Senior Project on Anorexia and Bulimia. I helped myself recover. I had to. My parents were in denial of my problem and boyfriend ( he's now my ex ) was extremely worried about me, so I kind of forced myself to recover. I stopped visiting model websites and Pro-Ana forums because they were bad for me, I was constantly comparing myself to this ideal beauty that really isn't even a reality ( make-up artists, hair professionals, and airbrushing make it impossible for normal girls and women to be happy with themselves ).

I eventually gained weight ( too much weight, in my opinion ) when I moved in with my boyfriend James. I reached 125 pounds. After we broke up, I started going to the gym three times a week and cooked almost all my own food at home and I got down to a very lean and healthy 115 pounds. Then I met my next boyfriend Nate and we started eating fast food for almost every single meal and I stopped going to the gym. I was up to 130 pounds back in June 2006, then in July I started cooking more and then I got really sick and dropped five pounds that month. Nate and I broke up at the beginning of August and I moved back home with my parents. I officially gave up fast food and I lost about 8 pounds in a month ( from October to November ).

I now weigh between 112-115 pounds. I rarely eat fast food. If I order coffee or tea from Starbucks, it's always no whip cream, skim or fat free milk. I work out at least two times a week, sometimes three if I have time. I have juice in the morning, a Special K cereal bar ( which are really yummy and only 90 calories! ) for a mid-morning snack, a decent sized lunch ( usually a sandwich and juice or water ), and then I have a small dinner. For my height, I think I look best at this weight and I'm very comfortable with my body. I wouldn't want to weigh less than 110 pounds because I think curves are sexy on a woman and so do men! And it's ok to watch what you eat, but please do eat and eat healthy!

It's hard to get out of an eating disorder, especially if you have to do it alone like I did. But talk to your doctors, discuss this with your family, and throw away the scale! Of course, I still have days where it's tough, where I'll skip dinner and all snacks. It's so hard to recover from an illness like anorexia, it stays with you for a long time. But I want to be healthy. Stop comparing yourselves to models. They are beautiful, yes, but they also have the best make-up artists, photographers, lighting, and airbrushing available to them. We'd all look like supermodels with that kind of team helping us!

It's the only body you ever get, girls. Take care of it!

Great post. Super you recovered on your own :yes: There aren't many girls who manage to do what you did; beat that ED and settle at the ideal weight (for their height) Thumbs up for that!

I'm startin to eat healthier and exersise myself. I never had to worry about my weight, but I'm not really toned. More the Mischa Barton kind of frame: skinny and barely any muscle. I wanna sport a more muscular frame, so I'm going to the gym to lift weights and do cardio.

congradulations!! i'm so happy for you! i've been eating a bit healthier myself. and now i kind of realize that i did have a good enough body and i should stop wishing to have a sexy/beautiful body like those of models. i mean i admit that sometimes i want to have like adriana or alessandra's body...but that's not realistic.

reality is...ther's always something good about your body.. and curves rule over bones!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When i went to Bulgaria from being out constantly all the time and not being hungry and walking everywhere i went down to 110 then when i came back to Canada I started gaining again and now I'm 120 and i can't stand it!

When school ends i Have to get a gym membership and get diet pills and eat healthier cuz i'm eating way 2 much junk food now, it's what i do when i'm here & depressed! <_<

But I'd love to be model thin.. I use to be naturally..like snejana.. and didn't appeciate it then came here and started eating a lot gaining weight and from the age also and I'd die to be as thin as i use to be... I always regret eating so much and letting myself gain so much weight and I didn't even notice it!

That's the worst, not just becouse of i look at models so much, but becouse once you've been thin in ur life you'll always go back and remember and compare youself to what you use to be if i was never so thin all my life i wouldn't care so much but I just never ever had body issues (well i was wy too thin but it seemes to bother more other ppl rather then me) about having fat on my body and it was so much better.

I think I'll be happier if i lose weight so that's my goal for the summer. Sweating in the gym till exhaustion!

I had bulimia like 2 and half years ago .

now i'm over it but I lost the appetite that I used to have , and I don't taste the food like before . I eat because I have to eat . Its greeeeeeeeat be over it .

I feel the same :yes: And I was anorexic. it just sucks not tasting food like before.

I can understand you Betty...oftenly the place you live effects the way you look. different place=different lifestyle. and I can blame Israel and myself for not being careful enough. I can only imagine how would I look if I stayed in Ukraine... :(

hey, knock yourself out at the gym! :weightlift:

I can understand you Betty...oftenly the place you live effects the way you look. different place=different lifestyle. and I can blame Israel and myself for not being careful enough. I can only imagine how would I look if I stayed in Ukraine... :(

hey, knock yourself out at the gym! :weightlift:

Yeah i always imagine how I would look now if i didn't come here & eat like a pig too..I can never forgive myself <_< I had a lot better and tighter skin too.. Well i guess I was younger anyways.

Oh and everytime I'd go downtown and walk through the main streets I'd see so many girls that have bodies like models. Actually some of them were - you can just tell. Often you can see some, and a lot of girls there are just natuarally thin. But yeah when you see girl like that tall & thin, stylish, long hair etc. makes you want to jump from a top of a building .

Btw Sahara why'd you move to Israel?

• 1 month later...

of course as every girl I am obsessed with weight, if I am puting some pounds on its a tragedy for me - when I am loosing I am very happy and feeling myself as some Goddess...haha but if to speak seriously I would say that as long as you are healthy (you have all your body organs like hands, legs, eyes and so on, and these all do work and u dont have bad diseases) everything is great in your life. But if you are creating scary diseases by loosing weight like crazy or gain weight like tank its really stupid.

loosing weight to 100 pounds (with 5'6 height) when your healthy weight is 130 its stupid or when your healthy weight is 124 and you are 150 pounds its not wise either to be chubby/fat when it causes you to have heart probs and so on .

ppl must to understand that fashion is changable. today in fashion girls with 0 size rock but lets remember early - mid 90s - Claudia, Cindy, Laetitia all women with normal/average forms - I mean many women in this world have the same bodies (I'd say very beautiful bodies)

and about the place

I am from Moscow - and Moscow is one of the capitals of fashion, and of course here you must look on your 100% to get many things in your life, but I am trying to be myself and this is the main thing thaty every person in this world 'must do'.

take care guys

Umm question really...I see nothing wrong with being 130 pounds? I think 130 is quite a perfect weight. :idk:

I'm 126...but then again I'm pretty tall. But I watch what I eat. I try not to go to McDonald's too often and I think of myself as quite an active person..I mean I bike a lot. :ermm: But why is 130 such a death sentence if you don't mind me asking. :dontgetit:

ppl must to understand that fashion is changable. today in fashion girls with 0 size rock but lets remember early - mid 90s - Claudia, Cindy, Laetitia all women with normal/average forms - I mean many women in this world have the same bodies (I'd say very beautiful bodies)

Well that might be true & yea fashion is changable but the thing is that this with the size isn't anymore a must have only 4 models. some ppl don't even see it as a must have they see it as something regular & that who doesn't look like that is not Ok as like ... beeing a size 0 is something so "normaly n' important" now.

& since the 90s that whole concept of model has changed. higher standards where established & that bcoz the 90s models where very average as weight & it was much more simple to look like a model, now to look like a model you have to a size 0 & that`s not so easy & requires so much more. But what ppl don't get is that those girls are models, you shouldn't look like them to be "perfect" in your own way. Everybody has a different type of body & adifferent structure. :hehe:

I don't know how much I weigh, something in the region 130lbs at about 1.80m. All this BS about models making people lose weight just annoys me. I never look at mens magazines and get it into my head I need to be a muscle-man. I think people who get these disorders are very weak minded, just like people who eat a lot then complain when they are fat!

This is not exactly that kind of eating disorder. But the doctor put me on a diet because of my headaches and stuff.. and I had to stop eating a lot of stuff I used to eat everyday, for breakfast and dinner. Ok.. I'm eating other stuff.. but I've totally lost appettite. Sometimes I can have one food a day, and that's it, and generally, I don't eat the whole thing.. I've lost way too weight (And I love it :heart: ) but I feel terribly weak. I feel hungry, but I don't feel like eating... not even what I love eating. I'll start taking vitamins today... or should I wait until I see the doctor again? (Late august)

Umm question really...I see nothing wrong with being 130 pounds? I think 130 is quite a perfect weight. :idk:

I'm 126...but then again I'm pretty tall. But I watch what I eat. I try not to go to McDonald's too often and I think of myself as quite an active person..I mean I bike a lot. :ermm: But why is 130 such a death sentence if you don't mind me asking. :dontgetit:

you got me wrong, re-read my words please I said if your healthy weight is 130 pounds its not very clever to lose 30 ponds to be extra tiny when your body has BMI to be 130 pounds. I dont see antything bad in 130 punds!!!!! I am 126 pounds myself and with average height.

but when you are 150 ponds with 5'4 heigh its not so clever to be like that when your BMI is to be less.

Well that might be true & yea fashion is changable but the thing is that this with the size isn't anymore a must have only 4 models. some ppl don't even see it as a must have they see it as something regular & that who doesn't look like that is not Ok as like ... beeing a size 0 is something so "normaly n' important" now.

& since the 90s that whole concept of model has changed. higher standards where established & that bcoz the 90s models where very average as weight & it was much more simple to look like a model, now to look like a model you have to a size 0 & that`s not so easy & requires so much more. But what ppl don't get is that those girls are models, you shouldn't look like them to be "perfect" in your own way. Everybody has a different type of body & adifferent structure. :hehe:

I dont want to say anything against gays (I have friends who are gays and I adore them as much as I adore my heterosexual friends) but dont you see that gay designers prefer to put models with boyish bodies on the catwalk not with Doutzen-ish forms. Such models as Doutzen are rare in runways though she has an amazing body

they wanna see males not women in the runways and we arekilling true women's bodies by thinking that 0 size is cool

I dont want to say anything against gays (I have friends who are gays and I adore them as much as I adore my heterosexual friends) but dont you see that gay designers prefer to put models with boyish bodies on the catwalk not with Doutzen-ish forms. Such models as Doutzen are rare in runways though she has an amazing body

they wanna see males not women in the runways and we arekilling true women's bodies by thinking that 0 size is cool

well yea. but that`s bcoz the models are just coat hanger 4 the designers clothes. The models shoulden't track the attention over them, they are selling the clothes & thats it.

I mean i don't think that only gay designers prefere those ultra'thin models to wear there clothes on the runway. & i think that most of the designers don't really even care about the girls, as long as they have a thin body & a clear skin.

& i think the ones who take it wrong are 'we , the people ... if ppl would just take models as they are as models & not as perfection, that would change the view.

I used to have problems myself w/ bulimia & that just bcoz i was so affraid that i would gain weight even though i'm 117 & 5'7 wich is normal ... well but the ideea is as you said "we are killing true women's bodies by thinking that 0 size is cool" & it`s sad ... :dontgetit: