Bellazon

Eating Disorder

Hime

well society has definitely changed when people are saying Cindy,Claudia,etc had "normal" bodies. Normal women now and yesterday wished they looked like that! I was growing up seeing these women all over magazines thinking how THIN they were. Now I look and think wow it would be great if models were like that again. so society has definitely changed for the (worse) IMO. but these Supermodels of the 90's were definitely not "normal" in any way as far as size and beauty go.

I am about 5/8-5/9 something like that and have always actually looked thin and tall but when i weigh myself the numbers are higher than what i look, so i try not to weigh myself but just go by the way my clothes fit instead. My friends in hs and I weighed ourselves in gym class and I weighed the most yet I was the tallest and thinnest (looking) one!

when I weigh:

140 i look 120 (according to people always guessing my weight)

when I weigh:

130 I look borderline sickly (don't lose another lb) sorta thing.....

I don't even wanna know what I would look like below 125!

I think it's all because I have a very proportioned body and a very thin face. when i gain or lose weight you really can't tell much because it goes everywhere evenly. and I work out so muscle weighs more than fat?

I would have people come up to me and tease me about being so skinny. like oh why are you at the gym you must only be 115lbs...i'd be like "yeah right" in my mind. So having people thinking i was thinner than i actually was (on the scale) kind of made me a little too preoccuppied with my weight. I was/am never bulemic but I did starve myself for days at a time.

luckily I am not doing this to myself anymore and am healthy.

• 2 weeks later...

i hate eating disorders, theyre sick.

and im really glad ive never had one.

a year ago or two i was obsessed with being 120 lbs. i was even there and i remember thinking i was too big! wtf! i'm 128 now and i notice im perrrrfect. i wouldnt go any thinner. and its really sad how girls starve themselves because curves are beautiful and healthy.

and yeah 128 lbs at 5'8 may be super thin to other people but for me its actually perfect. i could even gain weight if i wanted to and still look good. my body is very toned so im lucky that i dont look like just fat all over me, its toned and i like that. and not to mention i have a chest and a butt so im not super thin or anything.

i'm sorry, i wasn't trying to be offensive to people with disorders. but that's just how i feel about them, to me they're sick. i never said the people who ended up having them are disgusting filth and scum lol, i just said that the whole body issue controlling someone is really sick in itself.

i think it's sad that people enable those kind of thoughts. my mother, just the other day, told me to put down a bag of chips because my weight was 'perfect' and she didnt want me to gain weight lol. who says that to their own child? sure, there is a point where you need to tell your kid to stop eating... like ex if i was 200 lbs then maybe i would understand that but i weigh less then my mother does and i'm taller. i don't understand why people allow themselves to say things to their own kids, its a horrible society we live in.

People keep asking me if I have a disorder. I'm almost 5'9" and 108 pounds. I don't eat alot during the day...I usually only ea dinner. I don't know why....I'm just not hungry most of the time. :idk: they hound me and try to make me eat....and when I do I feel sick. I've never thrown up anything and I certinatly dont wish to be skinner. I wish I had a few more pounds in certain areas :laugh:

I agree with Libertine...it is an ilness...some people have no control over such things....if its in your head...your gonna do.