Bellazon

Eating Disorder

Hime

And there are girls who thinQ they have perfeQt figures :ninja:

i only know 2 gals w/ perfect figures, one is Magda and the other one is Tash. :ninja: and i swear it's not about my obsession w/ models or fashion or anything but tho they really are perfect ...

Magda's head bothers me. :ninja:

:ninja: shut up! she is perfection :heart:

@SontaSejou it happens to the best of us [gals] at least one time in life ... & as i said before thin is really in right now & there's a pressure for it. you can go in the ignorant mood & don't care or follow your instincts & go wherever it take you, EDs or whatever.

Sonta, nice Qleavage :evil:

Thin has been in since Twiggy Qame abt.. and since Kate Moss was bossing ard... so...

^thin was never as "IN" as now tho ... then it was only for some, now it's for everybody.

you'll still get a reaQtion no matter what, in or not in..

maQin' ppl sQared... will it get us very far???

that's not the intention, though..

if they're intention is attention, then...

what you tryna say???

Hmmmm... I've never spoken to anyone aside from my boyfriend about this, and I hope I'm not made fun of or anything for coming out with this, but I think that I may have a body image issue. I lost about 25 lbs over several months, but I cannot see a difference when I look in the mirror. I'm about 5'9, and weigh 120 lbs but I see myself as weighing at least 145-150 or more when I look in the mirror and at pictures. I eat so little these days because I cannot see myself as having lost any weight at all. If I go on the scale and see that I've put on some weight (even if I KNOW this is likely because of water retention or some other stage in the cycle) I go on a hunger strike and do intense cardio for hours. I know the numbers say I'm thinning out, and anything article of clothing over a size 4 is waaay to big for me, but I just don't see it. Worst of all, is that people I used to see as thin I now see as fat! So I can't even compare myself next to them to prove that I'm skinny now. I look at the same pictures of people that I looked at a few months ago and wonder if its really them, because my perspective of their weight in the same picture has changed so drastically. If I'm not working out, I'm sleeping, and, not to get personal, but I've been having digestive problems recently. My boyfriend tells me its because I'm not properly nourishing my body. I want to believe this, but I can't. I used to be so involved with meditation and the like, but I always have this nagging feeling at the back of my head, counting calories and so on. If I eat more than I feel I should, I'm utterly depressed for DAYS straight. What makes it worse is that everyone says your metabolism slows down if you don't eat a lot; so now I'm terrified of eating more than I did the previous day! I don't want to jeopardize my health, but its come to the point where I'll really do virtually anything to avoid putting any weight back on.

This is the only picture I see myself looking thin in, and thats only because I can't see my body. :ninja:

:hug:

this whole situation is difficult and I don't think someone will ever make fun of you for this!

It's very brave of you to talk about it here. I had/ have some of these issues myself. I lost and lost weight and my hips stayed fat in my opinion. The thing is, the rest of my body got bony like hell. You could count the ribs on my thorax. I came to the point where I realised that I don't look good and that starving myself will not make my hips smaller so to say.

You need to find a way to like your body. Maybe your boyfriend can help you with that. And maybe you should talk to someone. Because if this is or is becoming anorexia it is dangerous as well. There are still girls and boys who die of anorexia because there comes a point where you can't control it anymore.

I hope you get better soon. Try to find a way to like yourself. You can't really see much on the picture but I bet you look gorgeous just like you are.

Maybe it helps you as well to ask yourself, why you want to look thinner.

Hmmmm... I've never spoken to anyone aside from my boyfriend about this, and I hope I'm not made fun of or anything for coming out with this, but I think that I may have a body image issue. I lost about 25 lbs over several months, but I cannot see a difference when I look in the mirror. I'm about 5'9, and weigh 120 lbs but I see myself as weighing at least 145-150 or more when I look in the mirror and at pictures. I eat so little these days because I cannot see myself as having lost any weight at all. If I go on the scale and see that I've put on some weight (even if I KNOW this is likely because of water retention or some other stage in the cycle) I go on a hunger strike and do intense cardio for hours. I know the numbers say I'm thinning out, and anything article of clothing over a size 4 is waaay to big for me, but I just don't see it. Worst of all, is that people I used to see as thin I now see as fat! So I can't even compare myself next to them to prove that I'm skinny now. I look at the same pictures of people that I looked at a few months ago and wonder if its really them, because my perspective of their weight in the same picture has changed so drastically. If I'm not working out, I'm sleeping, and, not to get personal, but I've been having digestive problems recently. My boyfriend tells me its because I'm not properly nourishing my body. I want to believe this, but I can't. I used to be so involved with meditation and the like, but I always have this nagging feeling at the back of my head, counting calories and so on. If I eat more than I feel I should, I'm utterly depressed for DAYS straight. What makes it worse is that everyone says your metabolism slows down if you don't eat a lot; so now I'm terrified of eating more than I did the previous day! I don't want to jeopardize my health, but its come to the point where I'll really do virtually anything to avoid putting any weight back on.

This is the only picture I see myself looking thin in, and thats only because I can't see my body. :ninja:

:hug:

this whole situation is difficult and I don't think someone will ever make fun of you for this!

It's very brave of you to talk about it here. I had/ have some of these issues myself. I lost and lost weight and my hips stayed fat in my opinion. The thing is, the rest of my body got bony like hell. You could count the ribs on my thorax. I came to the point where I realised that I don't look good and that starving myself will not make my hips smaller so to say.

You need to find a way to like your body. Maybe your boyfriend can help you with that. And maybe you should talk to someone. Because if this is or is becoming anorexia it is dangerous as well. There are still girls and boys who die of anorexia because there comes a point where you can't control it anymore.

I hope you get better soon. Try to find a way to like yourself. You can't really see much on the picture but I bet you look gorgeous just like you are.

Maybe it helps you as well to ask yourself, why you want to look thinner.

You Qan save lotsa money. :ninja:

what you tryna say???

i'm just trying to say that it's one's choice this whole thin thing. well if they do it for attention then itz there problem ... this subject atracts manny diverse opinions & people should understand that other's lifes are not for them to judge.

& what is it w/ all this "scared" thing? :confused: ... you so confuse me iry.

what you tryna say???

i'm just trying to say that it's one's choice this whole thin thing. well if they do it for attention then itz there problem ... this subject atracts manny diverse opinions & people should understand that other's lifes are not for them to judge.

& what is it w/ all this "scared" thing? :confused: ... you so confuse me iry.

oh baby, sorry, i didn't mean "you" YOU... ;)

just a bit rhetoriQal... :blush: :laugh: :laugh:

oh wow this topic is very active now i see

i never posted in this thread just now noticed and decided to post my opinion which changed a lot

earlier i was like "super skinny women are sick and eating disorder is a terrible thing" so i judged women who were super skinny and was talking about how much attractive curves are. well but my opinion changed i suppose. in recent time i have been thinking how important is to be thin, i dunno if i gain weight it would be huge problem, earlier it wasn't like that for me but now it is, because i understood that it is really important to be very thin. it makes you feel more confident i guess. i think skinny is beautiful now. and well you know when you get smth then you have to lose smth. so in this case you get (become thin) and lose (food i guess) so it is fair.

i neva thought i'd see you say something liQe this, eglet. :yes:

Quz i know how high u held your opinion about these Qinda situation.

was there a partiQular subjeQt that aided in altering your viewpoint on this topiQ?

:p

well you know my friend told me she was told by one guy like "you know sweetie you are very beautiful but you have to start to be on diet asap", this is funny cos my friend even is not fat.

and in general guys here don't really like fuller girls. i know it is widely said that "men are not dogs they don't like bones" but i can't see it. in one or other way i face with guys who let me know they don't like fat girls.

i never posted in this thread just now noticed and decided to post my opinion which changed a lot

earlier i was like "super skinny women are sick and eating disorder is a terrible thing" so i judged women who were super skinny and was talking about how much attractive curves are. well but my opinion changed i suppose. in recent time i have been thinking how important is to be thin, i dunno if i gain weight it would be huge problem, earlier it wasn't like that for me but now it is, because i understood that it is really important to be very thin. it makes you feel more confident i guess. i think skinny is beautiful now. and well you know when you get smth then you have to lose smth. so in this case you get (become thin) and lose (food i guess) so it is fair.

i'm a lil surprised hearing this from you egle, but i do so much agree w/ you on this. i mean like maybe 5-4 years ago when i was like 15, i was iron flat & i was so dreaming about havin' those j.lo type of curves, i was actualy begging God to make me look like that ... & now idk how to loose more & more weight, bulimia, surviving days only on red bull and ciggarettes. your thin you can wear whatever you want, i'm not the type who would usualy care but i feel like there's a pressure to be thin. and i'm not being mean or anything but skinny jeans don't work for fat people, fashion doesn't work for fat people, i guess this is how it goes now ... harsh but so true :ninja:

agree completely with you hon! many clothes don't work for not thin ppl

oh wow this topic is very active now i see

i neva thought i'd see you say something liQe this, eglet. :yes:

Quz i know how high u held your opinion about these Qinda situation.

was there a partiQular subjeQt that aided in altering your viewpoint on this topiQ?

:p

well you know my friend told me she was told by one guy like "you know sweetie you are very beautiful but you have to start to be on diet asap", this is funny cos my friend even is not fat.

and in general guys here don't really like fuller girls. i know it is widely said that "men are not dogs they don't like bones" but i can't see it. in one or other way i face with guys who let me know they don't like fat girls.

i'm a lil surprised hearing this from you egle, but i do so much agree w/ you on this. i mean like maybe 5-4 years ago when i was like 15, i was iron flat & i was so dreaming about havin' those j.lo type of curves, i was actualy begging God to make me look like that ... & now idk how to loose more & more weight, bulimia, surviving days only on red bull and ciggarettes. your thin you can wear whatever you want, i'm not the type who would usualy care but i feel like there's a pressure to be thin. and i'm not being mean or anything but skinny jeans don't work for fat people, fashion doesn't work for fat people, i guess this is how it goes now ... harsh but so true :ninja:

agree completely with you hon! many clothes don't work for not thin ppl

Oh man, that's a funny saying, eglet! :rofl:

Well...tsQtsQtsQ... lose lose lose ... shrinQ shrinQ shrinQ

:rofl:

yeah....just the day before my friend told me that a girl in her school earlier died holding diets for her semi prom....and she never had the chance to live it :no:

I really hate these things and very scared of them...and I don't think that skinny is beautiful :/

really stupid thing to say to her...just because you don't like her bones :dontgetit:

well as you say...he's an asshole <_<

hope you friend gets over it :)

one girl in my grade... she so has annorexia, I'm sure. And she had been better and all but lately she gets thinner and thinner although she always was extremely thin. Right now if you sit behind her you could as well just draw a skeletton. I'm really worried about her. :(

The other day during sport she said she felt so fat her tummy was so full because she overate...and you can't see a single gram of fat on her body. She looks like she weighs less than 40kg to be honest. :ninja:

There is a point to this whole being thin thing where it isn't that beautiful anymore.

But don't get me wrong - she looks good in my opinion, but she would look soooo much better with lets say 3kg more because then I wouldn't have to worry when looking at her. Then she would only be extremely thin.

If I were straight and with her - I would be affraid of accidently crushing her during sex or something. :( :(

yeah....just the day before my friend told me that a girl in her school earlier died holding diets for her semi prom....and she never had the chance to live it :no:

I really hate these things and very scared of them...and I don't think that skinny is beautiful :/

:(

really stupid thing to say to her...just because you don't like her bones :dontgetit:

one girl in my grade... she so has annorexia, I'm sure. And she had been better and all but lately she gets thinner and thinner although she always was extremely thin. Right now if you sit behind her you could as well just draw a skeletton. I'm really worried about her. :(

The other day during sport she said she felt so fat her tummy was so full because she overate...and you can't see a single gram of fat on her body. She looks like she weighs less than 40kg to be honest. :ninja:

There is a point to this whole being thin thing where it isn't that beautiful anymore.

But don't get me wrong - she looks good in my opinion, but she would look soooo much better with lets say 3kg more because then I wouldn't have to worry when looking at her. Then she would only be extremely thin.

If I were straight and with her - I would be affraid of accidently crushing her during sex or something. :( :(

:| :(

Oh, she's great. She's engaged with other guy now. :)

If I were straight and with her - I would be affraid of accidently crushing her during sex or something.

You're right. When I look at those super- thin girl and see how weak they are I cannot belive what they did to themselves.

I eat only to keep my muscles, couse I would hate muself if I couldn't play volleyball for 2 hours or run 3km.