Bellazon

Eating Disorder

Hime

yeah, but don't you agree that potential anorexics who visit this board will already have found triggering material? I mean there are thin models enough around here. If we're gonna ban all 'triggering' material, then we might as well close the board.

Personally, models are gorgeous! I like the way the way they are tall and skinny and can carry a long gown with no hips. Its great on the runway! But real life it wouldn't be so attractive. Therefore you would be better looking up to celebrities like curvy ones: Monica, Penelope, Halle. That's what men are attracted to. So you know people just need to see the diffrence. You can never be as thin as some models. Besides why do you want to resemble skeletons? :yuckky:

Personally, models are gorgeous! I like the way the way they are tall and skinny and can carry a long gown with no hips. Its great on the runway! But real life it wouldn't be so attractive. Therefore you would be better looking up to celebrities like curvy ones: Monica, Penelope, Halle. That's what men are attracted to. So you know people just need to see the diffrence. You can never be as thin as some models. Besides why do you want to resemble skeletons? :yuckky:

I don't agree, models look gorgeous both on the runway and normal life. Idk I wouldn't like to have a body like Monica/Penelope or Halle has, I know I am sick :laugh:

betty, yeah i do have stretchmarks on the outer part of my upper thighs. but, i don't think they are that noticable and i don't let them bother me!

I have a little bit of stretchmarks on my inner thighs too from dropping weight and gaining weight so fast. I had an eating disorder when I was high school. It started when I was 15 and lasted until I was 17 ( I'll be 22 this summer ). I'm 5'5 and I dropped to a very thin 94 pounds. My ribs poked out and I used to joke and say that I had hip bones that could cut glass because they were so prominent. I would eat a cup of yogurt a day or sometimes go three or four days with only water and diet pills.

I actually went to an Eating Disorder group meeting at a church in downtown Portland and I did my entire Senior Project on Anorexia and Bulimia. I helped myself recover. I had to. My parents were in denial of my problem and boyfriend ( he's now my ex ) was extremely worried about me, so I kind of forced myself to recover. I stopped visiting model websites and Pro-Ana forums because they were bad for me, I was constantly comparing myself to this ideal beauty that really isn't even a reality ( make-up artists, hair professionals, and airbrushing make it impossible for normal girls and women to be happy with themselves ).

I eventually gained weight ( too much weight, in my opinion ) when I moved in with my boyfriend James. I reached 125 pounds. After we broke up, I started going to the gym three times a week and cooked almost all my own food at home and I got down to a very lean and healthy 115 pounds. Then I met my next boyfriend Nate and we started eating fast food for almost every single meal and I stopped going to the gym. I was up to 130 pounds back in June 2006, then in July I started cooking more and then I got really sick and dropped five pounds that month. Nate and I broke up at the beginning of August and I moved back home with my parents. I officially gave up fast food and I lost about 8 pounds in a month ( from October to November ).

I now weigh between 112-115 pounds. I rarely eat fast food. If I order coffee or tea from Starbucks, it's always no whip cream, skim or fat free milk. I work out at least two times a week, sometimes three if I have time. I have juice in the morning, a Special K cereal bar ( which are really yummy and only 90 calories! ) for a mid-morning snack, a decent sized lunch ( usually a sandwich and juice or water ), and then I have a small dinner. For my height, I think I look best at this weight and I'm very comfortable with my body. I wouldn't want to weigh less than 110 pounds because I think curves are sexy on a woman and so do men! And it's ok to watch what you eat, but please do eat and eat healthy!

It's hard to get out of an eating disorder, especially if you have to do it alone like I did. But talk to your doctors, discuss this with your family, and throw away the scale! Of course, I still have days where it's tough, where I'll skip dinner and all snacks. It's so hard to recover from an illness like anorexia, it stays with you for a long time. But I want to be healthy. Stop comparing yourselves to models. They are beautiful, yes, but they also have the best make-up artists, photographers, lighting, and airbrushing available to them. We'd all look like supermodels with that kind of team helping us!

It's the only body you ever get, girls. Take care of it!

• 3 weeks later...