Bellazon

Eating Disorder

Hime

hmm, well what can I say....You do have distorted views of yourselves girls. But then again, it's in us humans to never be content with how we are or look like. I bet that even all these supermodels have their days when they don't like what they see in the mirror (or on the scale.) We always compare ourselves with other people and we start thinking; hey, if I lose 20 pounds, I'm another step closer to looking like Natasha Poly (for example.) Thefashion world tells us that being stick thin is beautiful. It's logical that if that's what you've been told and showed, then that's what you believe. It's just like being bullied; you may be the most gorgeous girl in class, but if your classmates (who are secretly jealous) tell you that you're ugly, then in the end you'll start believing it.

The only thing I can add is that you should try to have peace with who you are and what you look like. Everyone is unique and though some might look like another, you'renever really the same. You can't force your body into becoming what's not natural, without harming yourselves. There are women in their 30/40's, who can barely walk now because of the eating disorder they suffered when they were younger. It's not worth it. Believe me, those supermodels you idolize now will not look great when they get old either. Beauty wears off with age. And if with beauty, you've also screwed up your health, then you've stabbed yourself in the back twice.

Just my 2 cents..

don't mind the lenght at all...your posts help me Betty, the longer the post the better. :flower:

decided to cut off the junk food...it's still not healthy to eat only apples and dry chicken but it's better than nothing at all. :D

I used to eat only apples too. Apples, coffee and cigs. But now I'm eating real food again, and I'm feeling good. I was having some terrible headaches and I was dizzy all the time, now I'm better.

Ya that's my biggest problem when I don't eat (either becouse i didn't get a chance or didn't want to) is the killer headaches that make me feel sick. I can't handle them at all.

But you know like i said eat healthy food. Little bit of everything (healthy) that your your organism needs. Small proportions more often and lots of water.

I think I do too also, being hispanic I'm torn both ways when it comes to my legs especially (guys will tell me their great, I might think otherwise)... I feel like they are too short or slightly too thick and other times I like them... it's weird

yeah my perspective on my body changes a lot. one day i'll be like i like my legs ad the next day i'll be like wow i'm really fat.

honest to say i'm glad that there's a topic on eating disorders where you can talk about your problems and stuff. cuase my friends all say i'm skinny and stuff and if i trey and talk to them about my insecurities, they're all like shut up you're skinny blah blah blah. but here i can relate to people and say how i feel. it's nice :)

Same here, even though I know I don't actually have a disorder. I feel bad talking about it to some of my friends in a sense because a couple of my good friends are a little bigger than I am and one of them is shorter too.. The same thing happens to me, if I say I want to lose maybe 10lbs or cut back on junk food they all say "shut up you're not fat or you are skinny" (in my eyes, I'm far from skinny and way closer to average). I feel like I don't have anyone I know in person that I can relate too about this.

allll through 2006 i struggled with eating disorders so i definitely know where all of you have gone/are going through. i was living on coffee and cigarettes (i'm 14! big nono!.. and i'm still addicted cause i smoked for a whole year uggghhh) and i was always hungry. always, but i loved getting dizzy or headaches because it meant that it would be a good day. i developed this disorder thing after i "got over" my anorexia/bulimia/laxative abuse/exercise abuse/etc (called BDD- google it!) and now i have to take a bunch of meds so I don't commit suicide after my looks begin to bother me so much.

most girls here probably think that they're "fat" because of all the model influences. if you religiously visit models sites, you'll always notice how skinny they are and how "fat" you are in comparison. it doesn't matter if they're "healthy" models (gisele, ale, adriana, izabel, karolina, caroline t, eugenia v, etc) or "stick-thin" (natasha p, vlada, sasha, snejana). this is not how women are supposed to look unless you've been lucky enough to have a super fast metabolism. i can bet you anything doutzen only eats lean meats, vegetables, salads, etc, same with natasha, gisele... it's nearly impossible to be that thin without counting calories, or exercising for 2 hours a day like Izabel Goulart does.

i know what it's like to want to be as thin as Snejana, or to poke at your fat and just want it to melt away. but the only thing i can suggest is: Get help. The consequences are so deadly (literally! go read some tabloids), and they're life-long. you could lose your teeth, organs, hair, nails.. you're going to get SO dizzy. i had to do this presentation in english one day and i was on a 5-day after and when i stood up i fainted. it was so embarrassing. you're going to become so frail you'll break bones, and the hunger pains will keep you up. it's only going to get worse, especially considering that you'll never stay at 40kgs forever. you'll either gain or, to be brutally honest, die.

i don't want to pressure anyone into it (how could i possibly?!), but in order to recover YOU need to want it.

whenever i was dieting it was never for boys, but if you ask most guys they'll probably say that they prefer a girl with meat on their bones instead of just skin... and if a guy/girl (whatever you fancy) only wants you if you're a size 0 then darling, they ain't worth your time.

most girls here probably think that they're "fat" because of all the model influences. if you religiously visit models sites, you'll always notice how skinny they are and how "fat" you are in comparison. it doesn't matter if they're "healthy" models (gisele, ale, adriana, izabel, karolina, caroline t, eugenia v, etc) or "stick-thin" (natasha p, vlada, sasha, snejana). this is not how women are supposed to look unless you've been lucky enough to have a super fast metabolism. i can bet you anything doutzen only eats lean meats, vegetables, salads, etc, same with natasha, gisele... it's nearly impossible to be that thin without counting calories, or exercising for 2 hours a day like Izabel Goulart does.

I absolutely agree with you.

Hey girls,

Maybe I'm not supposed to post here, and excuse me if that is the case.

But you have to understand that men will like you more when you just eat normal. At least I do, because I like girls more if they are themselves, instead of being 'unnatural'. I really understand the seriousness of an eating disorder, and I know it's impossible to cure when a guy pops up and says that he likes girls more when they are just being themselves, but I just had to say this...

Greets

SO

Of course it's one! You just have to continue this way :hug:

I'm so confused :confused:

the logical side of my brain won today but who knows what will bring tomarrow... :idk:

And you have my support too :hug:

I know you don't know me, but I'm a good listener :hug:

No matter what we'll happen tomorrow, you ate today, and it's such a good thing!

You have my support too :hug:

Throughout the whole year last year I was struggling with my weight and I did it because I was tired of being told in my face that I was fat. Everyday people would pick on me and say all of these mean things and I just got fed up with it and I slowly cut back on my meals until I didn't eat none. I hated it and I lost, and lost until I realized that I didn't need to do that anymore. Unfortunately, those thoughts have come back to haunt me and I'm starting to cut back again on my eating and working out for hours and hours until I'm too tired to do anything. It's just hard and I know how alot of you feel and I want to get better as you do too. I'm here if you ever need anything, even if you don't know me! :)

You have my support too :hug:

Throughout the whole year last year I was struggling with my weight and I did it because I was tired of being told in my face that I was fat. Everyday people would pick on me and say all of these mean things and I just got fed up with it and I slowly cut back on my meals until I didn't eat none. I hated it and I lost, and lost until I realized that I didn't need to do that anymore. Unfortunately, those thoughts have come back to haunt me and I'm starting to cut back again on my eating and working out for hours and hours until I'm too tired to do anything. It's just hard and I know how alot of you feel and I want to get better as you do too. I'm here if you ever need anything, even if you don't know me! :)

Yeah that must have been hard, but you know, you're beautiful remember that ;)

SO