Bellazon

omg you guys. adriana is in her mid thirties so she of course looks older than girls in their mid twenties. however, her skin is perfect and her body is probably the strongest of all the girls cos she is a boxer.

every single girl in the show is beautiful, just enjoy the show

1 hour ago, Clauds said:

I sincerely doubt the regime itself gave a fuck. But did you see the online reactions about it? Peole went batshit crazy, clearly batshit crazy for the government to take notice and win twice: first the win because they are showing their power and how they give no fucks about how famous you are, and then they win again because it makes them look like they listen to the people's request

If I was the President/PM/King and I had an online uproar, I'd listen to it and ban the woman as well

A lot of the uproar was bot fueled and contained to Western social media (Instagram) unless a lot more happened on Weibo after I stopped checking it. 

Her Weibo apology, which would have been in more direct view of whichever officials reviewed her application, had many negative comments on it but it was far from enough of an uproar to get noticed in a country with a population over a billion. Besides, that post is an apology and framed as being appreciative of Chinese culture. 

Did she fuck up? Massively, and her apology should have been better and sooner and her silence made it worse.  

Did Gigi deserve to have her visa denied for an act of anti Asian racism? Maybe, depends on who you ask, some people's opinions matter and some people's don't.

Was her visa actually denied? Unclear and I doubt we'll ever learn the real answer.

/end Gigi discourse

Alessandra will overtake Heidi's record as the oldest model to walk the VSFS runway this year. Heidi was 36-year-and-171-day-old during the 2009 VSFS, Alessandra will be 36-year-and-223-day-old. Adriana is still younger than Heidi was by a few days.

4 minutes ago, JROCK177217 said:

Apparently Sanne got very intricately designed wings in the Goddesses segment.  (Source: vsecretnews on IG) 

The People magazine article about the performers says 

« • 2,320 individual olive leaves were created by Kirk Maxson for Sanne Vloet’s wings in Goddesses »

i don’t know who Sanne is :oh_no:

It's going to be so sad to see Ale leaving! She and Adriana are the only two left of the VS Angel era that made VS to what it is today. With Ale leaving there is a big part of the glamours old VS DNA leaving at the same time, if you can say it like this.

Hope they have at least a little segment of Ale and her history with VS before the Balmain segment and during that segment a voice over saying something like 'This is your last walk Ale, kill it, go go go!!' and then she comes onto the runway and closes the show. That would be such a great farewell, but knowing VS... one can dream:biggrin: Maaaaan, I'm already getting a bit too emotional:cry2:

1 hour ago, Clauds said:

But that's the point you are missing, to some people she did do something really racist and disrespectful. I understand you think it's bullshit, I think so too, for fuck's sake I work on a Catholic school and I spend nearly all day at work saying Beyoncé is the only god i believe in, so I think Gigi was just being silly and didn't mean to offend anyone, I'm seriously not seeing why people got so anal and upset about it. But then again, I'm neither Chinese nor do I believe in Buddha and is not my call to say if what she did was offensive or not.

Also Bella got away because a lot of people doesn't know she filmed and posted the video, I personally had no idea it was Bella until about a week ago or so when someone here in Bellazon pointed it out. The face you see everywhere is Gigi's, that's why she's fucked, you don't see or hear Bella in the video so she got away with it, but I do agree she should have been banned as well if they wanted things to be fair.

Just read the pagesix-article about Katy Perry being banned from China and it also reads that Maroon 5 were banned from China once because one of the band members had sent birthday wishes to the Dalai Lama on Twitter. Well, after reading this I'm not surprised anymore that Gigi would be banned for squinting her eyes. I also find it interesting that the video was filmed in February but wasn't released till the VS show was just around the corner. Bella knows how to sabotage careers :shifty: 

1 hour ago, MV007 said:

I think Adriana definitely looks older in the show itself. At least I have in the past couple years. Her body isn’t as tight as the others imo 

Adriana literally is older than other models, some of them by more than 10. So yeah she will look older than them. But she never looks older than her age. And 35-36 isn't old. People still like seeing her, thats good enough. And younger doesn't always equal better between models. Older doesn't always mean lesser between them neither

3.thumb.gif.7a39901af740e93e20e831f96ced5470.gif

1.thumb.gif.500c46356554861b621a50b39798ce7d.gif

2.thumb.gif.650b01a6edaf2a7bb56c87b015d9b5a4.gif

7 minutes ago, marinebing said:

The People magazine article about the performers says 

« • 2,320 individual olive leaves were created by Kirk Maxson for Sanne Vloet’s wings in Goddesses »

i don’t know who Sanne is :oh_no:

Sanne Vloet

2 hours ago, Kevork89 said:

It’ll be so funny if there’s all this Ale’s leaving talk and come next year she’s still there :rofl:

Every year there’s talk that this’ll be Ale’s last show. Although yes there’s more weight to the story this time. But let’s wait and see shall we.

There you go. I think the rumors started in 2012 when there was the rumor that Ale got the fb because she was leaving VS..... 5 years later - Ale's still with VS. :rofl:

7 minutes ago, VSfan88 said:

Just read the pagesix-article about Katy Perry being banned from China and it also reads that Maroon 5 were banned from China once because one of the band members had sent birthday wishes to the Dalai Lama on Twitter. Well, after reading this I'm not surprised anymore that Gigi would be banned for squinting her eyes. I also find it interesting that the video was filmed in February but wasn't released till the VS show was just around the corner. Bella knows how to sabotage careers :shifty: 

The video was released in February when it was filmed, Bella had posted it to her instagram story and it got immediate backlash on twitter so it was very quickly deleted from her story. It just became a hot topic again when Gigi announced on instagram that she'd be walking the Shanghai show.