Bellazon

6 minutes ago, Clauds said:

Tbh, is not like he had a choice. As soon as he or anyone involved in the show says the smalles, silliest little thing about China and the government I'm 100% sure they will get kicked out of the country. China ain't playing games and it's a huge market that VS can't risk losing, I've heard from different people that the show is a fucking mess and everyone wants it to just be over already, but there is absolutely no way in hell that anyone will say anything negative about it in public.

not something that we didn't noticed until now but i still had hopes 

8 hours ago, Kevork89 said:

So Harry and Miguel both have new songs. Harry has Kiwi and Miguel has Pineapple. How funny both their songs are named after fruit. So kiwi sounds rock/pop/punk so I think he will be in the Punk section. Pineapple is very blues/funk so I think maybe Pink. The other two performers again no clue I’m thinking Porcelain and Winter’s Tale. That Odom guy has festive songs out and one is called Winter so could work.

I kind of hope Goddesses is performer free. I want the FB to shine. That segment is the one I’m looking forward to most, that and the Balmain section.

Miguel's new single is "Told you so" though. Not "Pineapple".

I don’t really think all the blame can be put on VS for things like the visas and whatnot. :idk: They were planning this show 18 months in advance, were going to China to scout and research. They gave the models almost 3 months notice to get their visa situations in check, and had no say in who did or didn’t get denied. 

From what I’ve heard about the Chinese government, things could have seemed like smooth sailing a few months ago, and then changed without much rhyme or reason. 

I don’t doubt it’s a mess, but I understand why VS choose to do the show there since it IS a huge market for them and this was a great marketing move if they manage to pull it off. I think VS looked at the risks, and decided the potential reward was worth it. 

1 minute ago, toodarnhot said:

I don’t really think all the blame can be put on VS for things like the visas and whatnot. :idk: They were planning this show 18 months in advance, were going to China to scout and research. They gave the models almost 3 months notice to get their visa situations in check, and had no say in who did or didn’t get denied. 

From what I’ve heard about the Chinese government, things could have seemed like smooth sailing a few months ago, and then changed without much rhyme or reason. 

I don’t doubt it’s a mess, but I understand why VS choose to do the show there since it IS a huge market for them and this was a great marketing move if they manage to pull it off. I think VS looked at the risks, and decided the potential reward was worth it. 

+1 VS did everything they could, no one can't blame them for anything visa related. I still think HK would have been a wiser choice but as far as China goes, regardless of the Russians, Katy and Mayowa, if they manage to pull this off, it's going to be a major win for them.

Moving on to happier things, I think the lip sync song this year will be Sign of the Times by Harry, because he's now obviously the main performer and that song was his biggest son yet so I'd say by default, that's the song they'll do. They always tape that during rehearsals so I guess they'll do it tomorrow/in a few hours

26 minutes ago, Clauds said:

OMG, let's be best friends! I legit never thought anyone else would see the potential in them :cry::heart: 

HELSA WILL RISE

They're like the genderbender version of each other. And they're such a beautiful pair of european people. Love them. Elsa it's bitchy enough to handle crazy fans tho. ✨

But she seems pretty in love with Tom and I love that too. But you know hope it's the last thing to die. 

^ Plus, to the general public, literally no one is going to know or care that Russian girls or Mayowa are missing. Gigi is the only real set back for VS if they’re still looking to snag her fan base, but they’ve got Bella still so I’m sure they’ll be fine in the IG tweenieboppers demo. 

Last year they didn’t do a lip sync at the show, they had that one from the various shoots. 

Also, any word on the “Live” preshow? :rofl: I know last year they filmed it ahead of time during their press week, but I haven’t seen any promo for them having one at all this year. 

But the video was probably a Katy Perry song since she was the main performer, I doubt Harry was their first choice or Plan A but is what they have now which makes me damn happy because my man does not deserve to play second:rofl: also who cares about Gigi or Kendull? Harry alone will most likely bring in the teens, tweens and insta people.

I think we have to wait for the show before judging it despite the first organizational problems. there are still the elements for the show to be very good. We have a beautiful fantasy bra and a beautiful swarovski outfit and the best angels are present I remain optimistic.

1 minute ago, VSfan88 said:

so why is Gigi not there? please, don't tell me it's really because of the squinting-thing. That would be ridiculous.

no it is not ridiculous when you make fun of a foreign culture there are negative consequences. She must assume her actions now ...

2 minutes ago, VSfan88 said:

so why is Gigi not there? please, don't tell me it's really because of the squinting-thing. That would be ridiculous.

Yup, that's it. And since you are not Chinese I don't think you get to choose what chinese people can consider offensive or ridiculous, especially when it's related to faith. 

I understand some people thinking everyone overreacted, but I'm pretty sure that if VS was hosting the show in Rome and one of the Angels started imitating the Virging Mary or Jesus, people in Rome would lose their shit and ask for the said model to be banned as well :idk: 

7 minutes ago, Fuka said:

no it is not ridiculous when you make fun of a foreign culture there are negative consequences. She must assume her actions now ...

God, give me a break. She imitated the face of the buddha-statue she was given to. That's not making fun of anything. That's what's called being too sensitive about shit and then take it to social media - home to the full-time naggers. 

9 minutes ago, Clauds said:

Yup, that's it. And since you are not Chinese I don't think you get to choose what chinese people can consider offensive or ridiculous, especially when it's related to faith. 

I understand some people thinking everyone overreacted, but I'm pretty sure that if VS was hosting the show in Rome and one of the Angels started imitating the Virging Mary or Jesus, people in Rome would lose their shit and ask for the said model to be banned as well :idk: 

jokes on you. I'm ethnic Chinese. DUH! 

LOL @ people judging a performer they have not even googled

Odem guy is obviously talented and could offer a nice serenade to the ladies.

It was speculated and would have been STUPID for VS to not get an Asian performer. Just her name in google brings up tons of accolades for her. Not sure just how popular she is, but she seems damn popular.

2 minutes ago, VSfan88 said:

God, give me a break. She imitated the face of the buddha-statue she was given to. That's not making fun of anything. That's what's called being too sensitive about shit and then take it to social media - home to the full-time naggers. 

My mistake then, but still, unless you are from the said faith, I don't think you get to choose what people can or can't be offended about. I personally don't believe in any religion so I don't mind if she imitates, Buddha, Jesus or whoever the fuck she wants. But faith and religion are very hard topics, I know catholics who get offended for every little shit such as a stupid Starbucks cup not being Christmasy enough, there are literal people boycotting Starbucks over their holiday cup not being religious enough, a cup that you trahs after you drank your coffee:idk: 

At the end of the day, she (and Bella tbh) made a stupid mistake in the worst possible time.