Bellazon

5 minutes ago, VSfan88 said:

God, give me a break. She imitated the face of the buddha-statue she was given to. That's not making fun of anything. That's what's called being too sensitive about shit and then take it to social media - home to the full-time naggers. 

she made a mistake when you are a public person you have to pay attention to different sensibilities. She has the right to make fun but now if she is undesirable in China it is because of this mistake.

As someone who grew up in a Buddhist family, the majority of them take their symbolism very seriously and would be offended by Gigi’s action. Couple that with how feircely China works to protect their heritage, it’s unsurprising that Gigi’s complete lack of tack would make her unwelcome there. 

Clauds is right- in America there is CONSTANTLY outrage over things like Starbucks running Christmas and religion because they made their holiday cups different!!! But Gigi mocks a religious idol, and people should just get over themselves? :idk: 

Gigi was playing with religion and this is not cool. 

no one is missing her, before they complained that she always went and now they find it bad because she didn’t? 

She has to learn that RESPECT is essential.

And Bella can go too, if she wants. 

I understand some people thinking everyone overreacted, but I'm pretty sure that if VS was hosting the show in Rome and one of the Angels started imitating the Virging Mary or Jesus, people in Rome would lose their shit and ask for the said model to be banned as well

Some people might ask but nobody is going to be banned. Least of all a young, pretty female celebrity. :smile:

And it's hilariously hypocritical for a communist regime to become insulted over people mocking religion. Not that I want Gigi in the show much, but her not getting visa is BS.

3 minutes ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

Some people might ask but nobody is going to be banned. Least of all a young, pretty female celebrity. :smile:

And it's hilariously hypocritical for a communist regime to become insulted over people mocking religion. Not that I want Gigi in the show much, but her not getting visa is BS.

everything has a price:D

4 minutes ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

The authorities may just consider that the possible adverse reactions represent a disturbance to public order that must be avoided.

Just now, llekel said:

If Adriana walks for another 10 years.. She could share the runway with her daughter. I think there was one video posted that said her daughter is showing some interest in modeling.

Grandmother Adriana with walking stick lol

4 minutes ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

I sincerely doubt the regime itself gave a fuck. But did you see the online reactions about it? Peole went batshit crazy, clearly batshit crazy for the government to take notice and win twice: first the win because they are showing their power and how they give no fucks about how famous you are, and then they win again because it makes them look like they listen to the people's request

If I was the President/PM/King and I had an online uproar, I'd listen to it and ban the woman as well

7 minutes ago, Clauds said:

My mistake then, but still, unless you are from the said faith, I don't think you get to choose what people can or can't be offended about. I personally don't believe in any religion so I don't mind if she imitates, Buddha, Jesus or whoever the fuck she wants. But faith and religion are very hard topics, I know catholics who get offended for every little shit such as a stupid Starbucks cup not being Christmasy enough, there are literal people boycotting Starbucks over their holiday cup not being religious enough, a cup that you trahs after you drank your coffee:idk: 

At the end of the day, she (and Bella tbh) made a stupid mistake in the worst possible time. 

I wasn't indicating at all that I wanna choose what people should be offended by or not. But I find it clearly over the top to pull the racist card on Gigi, and I really can't stand people when they blow things out of proportion.  What card are they gonna pull if someone really does something racist? Get what I mean? And no, I'm not a Gigi-fan. I'm talking as a matter of principle. Could have been any other model.

and what about Bella? What did she do or was she the one who filmed it? Then she should have been denied a visa too because she was an accessory to this BIG CRIME lol  

Gigi obviously didn’t mean to offend, Too bad, being a public figure comes with a lot. At least she’s with them in spirit, guided by her sister.

She would have brought the star power though, she’s arguably the biggest model in the industry right now and doesn’t look like she’s going anywhere soon. Such a shame.

I have a bad feeling about the show this year, BZ usually is on top  of things and is where a lot of people get info from. This year looks like we’re going to get info along with the general public.

I do not like to read so much of Gigi's drama, many of us are happy not to see her with VS. changing the subject, I love seeing Adri, Ale and Lais together, in addition to the gesture of Ale and Lais taken by hand, a perfect duo for the end.

Screenshot_2017-11-18-17-52-50.png Screenshot_2017-11-18-17-53-00.png Screenshot_2017-11-18-17-53-23.png

Edited by PinkCouture
Translated post to English

So.. I know Gigi was denied work Visa.. does that also equate to a visitors visa as well? If she did not have other obligations, or just chose not to go because of her own reasons... but if it were the work visa she was not given, she could go and cheer on her sister.