Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

Random thoughts about TRA:  Why they only work in clothes and outfit pieces that are NOT lingerie? I mean, all the extras, details, jewellery, fancy fabrics or luxurious prints are somewhere in the outfit, but never in the lingerie. Looking again the photos, is all about plain lingerie with some details as strips or lace in some pieces, not about detailed lingerie. Ok, i know they have this "shop the show thing" but, not even Marias (awesome) outfit had the jewels or de details IN the lingerie, is always added things to complete the styling.

I miss the days where the lingerie was the center of the outfit, personalized, worked on etc. Not just the "base" of the outfit (the majority of panties and bra's are similar to Fireworks one's) where they brought up some nice pieces to style it.

36 minutes ago, Sanni said:

It could be that they tested different things for two different shows. Like during the first taping, Gaga remained silent and made different poses while the first three models walked past her. During the second taping, she sang a few notes and wasn’t as still. So maybe during the first taping she was mainly off to one side and then VS asked her to interact more with the girls for the second taping or she herself decided to perform differently.

They could have tried even thousand times - that song still wouldn't fit the runway.

I was wondering what was the point to get such a beautiful venue like the grand palais when they ended up making the stage look like the way it has for the last few years. Such a waste.

I knew the opening segment would get some sort of racist allegations. I'm Asian and I don't feel offended. That segment just looks awfully costumey.

I think my favorite segment this year will be "bright light Angels". I'm not a fan of "24k" but that song truly fitted the collection's idea like a glove which is rarely the case with VS these days. How pissed would I be, working months on the collections and seeing an ill-fitting song ruining the whole mood just because some idiot has no idea about choosing right songs.  

15 minutes ago, ceceshores said:

That group :wub: I can't wait to see the photos. It seems like they have Adri doing a LOT of promo for the show this year.

I know, all of my fav Angels :wub: How many events is Adri doing? I know she has Wendy Williams, AOL Build with Sara, and now the store event. I'm just glad that VS finally knows how to distribute press events amongst the Angels now. At least I hope they keep it up this way. 

Thank you @AngelAshley94 for the video! Cindy and Sara's wings look beautiful in motion I can't wait to see it in HD on tv. 

@AngelAshley94 Thank you! What did you friend tell you about the show if you don’t mind sharing? :smile:

Wow, that one girl got huge wigs! A showstopper for sure. Adriana and Elsa’s don’t look that good from far away. Sara’s are great too. Oh, what a cute pose she did! :hehe:

I have to say that the show looks a bit bare and the space quite empty. The runway is non-descript and there is nothing in the back besides those led walls.

16 minutes ago, Sanni said:

I have to say that the show looks a bit bare and the space quite empty. The runway is non-descript and there is nothing in the back besides those led walls.

I think that they had people on the scaffolding during TRA.. any idea if  they were used in any other sections ?

4 minutes ago, Sanni said:

@AngelAshley94 Thank you! What did you friend tell you about the show if you don’t mind sharing? :smile:

Wow, that one girl got huge wigs! A showstopper for sure. Adriana’s and Elsa’s don’t look that good from far away. Sara’s are great too. Oh, what a cute pose she did! :hehe:

@Sanni and @GildedAngel No problem loves :D and he said that overall the show was OK. The attendance this year was much smaller compared to the London 2014 show (he also got invited to that one as well) and he said the London one literally had thousands of people in the audience that it resembled a concert compared to this year where it was only a couple hundred or so. He also said people in the audience only seemed to care about the performers and of course Adri (not a bad thing of course). People were also laughing at Kendull's stiff walk in both TRA and DA too from where he was sitting and he heard many people call out "Kylie!" while Kendull was walking in the Dark Angel segment :hang: People were also laughing at the Bill the dragon in Elsa's opening and thought it was pretty tacky but he said as soon as she started walking it started looking better and people started cheering because she rocked Bill! He said a lot of the French people in the audience were confused why there was a "Chinese/Asian" theme segment in a fashion show in Paris and were expecting mainly French-based themes lol and in the second taping, they really highlighted Jasmine's FB, they had Bruno and his entourage walk opposite of her side by side while she was in the middle strutting (I hope we see that in the airing!) but overall, he told me that everyone in the audience was only there for Adriana and how she practically saved the show with her opening in SA. Secret Angel and Bright Night Angel were the most popular segments according to him with the audience dancing along and standing up singing along as well. 

Thank you, @AngelAshley94! :D Damn, the French audience can be hard to please. Can’t image much worse than being laughed at while wearing lingerie and walking down the runway at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. From the footage, it’s evident that there weren't enough people considering how big the space is. The way they built those stands with wide staircases highlight it.

6 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Thank you, @AngelAshley94! :D Damn, the French audience can be hard to please. Can’t image much worse than being laughed at while wearing lingerie and walking down the runway at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. From the footage, it’s evident that there weren't enough people considering how big the space is. The way they built those stands with wide staircases highlight it.

What I don't understand is why they didn't use the stands on the runway...they only had drummers and musicians on it during TRA segment and that was it i think? What was the point of that to begin with? They shoudlve just built the stage on the opposite side of the palais where the grand staircases were...

1 hour ago, Polqu said:

Random thoughts about TRA:  Why they only work in clothes and outfit pieces that are NOT lingerie? I mean, all the extras, details, jewellery, fancy fabrics or luxurious prints are somewhere in the outfit, but never in the lingerie. Looking again the photos, is all about plain lingerie with some details as strips or lace in some pieces, not about detailed lingerie. Ok, i know they have this "shop the show thing" but, not even Marias (awesome) outfit had the jewels or de details IN the lingerie, is always added things to complete the styling.

I miss the days where the lingerie was the center of the outfit, personalized, worked on etc. Not just the "base" of the outfit (the majority of panties and bra's are similar to Fireworks one's) where they brought up some nice pieces to style it.

Most of VS lingerie is very plain these days because it is a lower price. Most of "eyecatching" things you will see in their designs are rhinetones/glitter/metallic, variety of colors and strapiness. You won't see any innovative designs or unique fine laces like European brands because they would have to sell it at a higher price and Americans aren't used to that. The materials they use are also synthetic like polyester unlike other brands that use higher quality materials like silk, leather etc. These costumey outfits are their way of trying to make it look more special.

11 minutes ago, AngelAshley94 said:

What I don't understand is why they didn't use the stands on the runway...they only had drummers and musicians on it during TRA segment and that was it i think? What was the point of that to begin with? They shoudlve just built the stage on the opposite side of the palais where the grand staircases were...

Yes, I would have put sexy dancers back there or some stage fixtures like they had all the Christmas stuff at the 2005 show. Don’t know if that big metal structure is supposed to represent the Eiffel tower but it only contributes to the cold, industrial feel of the place.

38 minutes ago, AngelAshley94 said:

in the second taping, they really highlighted Jasmine's FB, they had Bruno and his entourage walk opposite of her side by side while she was in the middle strutting (I hope we see that in the airing!) 

I love the sound of this, I hope they choose to air that version of it. When you throw the FB in the middle of a segment ( :cain: ) the least they could do was something like that to highlight it. Jasmine's walk also looked FB worthy, I'm excited to see her in BNA.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.