Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

2 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

AFro Boy (AFB) Did you get any sleep in the night before the show?

Sara Sampaio (SS) Yes, as a matter of fact, I slept very well. The previous nights were a bit more complicated, because of the jet lag. I could only fall asleep at 3 am. But, in the night before the show, I was so tired that I fell asleep in no time.

AFro Boy (AFB) Pregaste olho na noite antes ao desfile?

Sara Sampaio (SS) Sim, por acaso dormi bastante bem. Nas noites anteriores foi mais complicado por causa do jet lag. Só conseguia adormecer às 3:00 horas da manhã. Mas na noite anterior ao desfile estava tão cansada que adormeci muito rápido.

AFB – What is the worst part when you’re preparing yourself for the show?

SS – I’d say the discipline. It takes a lot of willpower to go to the gym almost every single day and stay committed to a healthy balanced diet. And after a long day at work, the last thing I want to do is going to the gym. When I’m really tired, I just want to eat unhealthy food, such as pizza, burgers, candies, etc. For that reason, it takes a lot of discipline to feel good about my self.

AFB – Qual é a pior parte da preparação para o desfile?

SS – Eu acho que é mesmo a disciplina. É preciso força de vontade para ir ao ginásio quase todos os dias e manter uma dieta rica e saudável. E se tiver tido um dia de trabalho muito longo a única coisa que não me apetece é ir ao ginásio… E quando estou muito cansada só me apetece comer coisas menos boas, como pizza, hambúrgueres, doces, etc. Por isso, é preciso ter muito disciplina para conseguir sentir-me bem.

AFB – What comes to your mind while you’re on the catwalk?

SS – It differs a lot. It could go from the classic “Don’t fall” to the “Be powerful”. But this year it happened something that had never happened to me before! In the very first step on that catwalk, I saw my parents and uncles sitting in the front row. Suddenly, tears came to my eyes and I spent the rest of the time trying to hold it. I really don’t know why that happened, but it was incredible to see them over there. ?

AFB – No que é que pensas durante os segundos em que estás na passerelle?

SS – Varia muito. Vai desde o típico: “Não caias” ao “Sê poderosa.” Mas este ano aconteceu-me algo que nunca me aconteceu antes! Na primeira vez que entro na passerelle as primeiras pessoas que vi foram os meus pais e os meus tios logo na primeira fila, e, de repente, as lágrimas vieram-me aos olhos. E passei o resto do tempo a tentar controlar as lágrimas. Não sei porque é que me vieram as lágrimas aos olhos, mas foi um momento incrível vê-los ali. ?

AFB – In the day of the show, what is the worst question someone could ask you?

SS – The day of the show is a day of rejoicing for all of us. It’s the day where all the effort and preparation of the previous months become a reality. So, any unwelcome question or attempt to raise controversy is definitely avoidable.

AFB – No dia do desfile qual é a pior coisa que te podem perguntar ? 

SS – O dia desfile é um dia de celebração para todos nós. É o dia em que todo o esforço e preparação que fizemos nos últimos meses se torna realidade. Por isso, qualquer pergunta negativa ou que tente criar polémica é a pior coisa que me podem perguntar.

AFB – What is the first thing you feel like doing after the show? 

SS – Ah! Eat pizza, dance and have fun with my girls. The energy of our Anual Pizza Party is awesome. We’re all so happy that we just want to have fun and dance.

AFB – Qual é a primeira coisa que te apetece fazer depois do desfile?

SS – Ah! Comer pizza e dançar e divertir-me com as minha amigas. A energia na nossa Anual Pizza Party é incrível. Estamos todas tão felizes e só nos queremos divertir e dançar.

AFB – How long does it take you to change clothes? (because, after you leave the catwalk you have to run a lot)

SS – It depends. This year, I had to make it really fast. I only had one section between my two passages, so I had to run from one look to the other. But, since everything is overly organized, I could make it on time. ?

AFB – Em quanto tempo trocas de roupa? (porque depois de saíres da passerelle tens de correr imenso)

SS – Depende, este ano tive que ser muito rápida. Só tive uma secção entre as minha duas passagens, por isso tive que correr de um look para o outro! Mas eles estão super organizados e consegui chegar a tempo para fechar a minha secção. ?

AFB – Who has the best selfie face?

SS – Haha! I’d say Elsa, but I think we all are experts on selfies! Hahaha, joking. :p

AFB – Quem tem a melhor cara de selfie?

SS –Ahah! Talvez a Elsa, mas todas nós acho que somos peritas em selfies! hahaha, joking. :p

AFB – Gaga, Bruno Mars or The Weeknd?

SS – I love all of them. I’m a big fan of Lady Gaga and she was a sweetheart in the end of the show, saying thanks to each one of us and offering us flowers, chocolates and candies ? Bruno Mars is an incredible performer, one of my favorite artists in a live show. It’s the second time I have the chance to walk the runaway next to The Weeknd, and, thanks his energy at the stage, these were my favorite passages.

AFB – Gaga, Bruno Mars ou The Weeknd?

SS – Eu adoro todos os 3 artistas. Sou muito fã da Lady Gaga e ela foi super querida no final do desfile, veio agradecer-nos a todas uma a uma e deu-nos flores, chocolates e doces ? O Bruno Mars é um performer incrível, é um dos meus artistas preferidos de ver ao vivo. E o The Weeknd já é a segunda vez que desfilo com ele e a energia dele em palco e das músicas faz com que sejam sempre as minhas passagens preferidas.

AFB – This year, you had such enormous wings. Is it important for you to feel recognized by the brand?

SS – Yes, for me that was amazing. I’ve always dreamed of wearing big wings, but, to be honest, I thought that would never happen, because I’m a little shorter compared to the rest of the Angels. This year, Sophia created this huge wings that perfectly suitable to my height, and when they showed them to me I couldn’t believe it. After that, they even told me I would be closing the Secret Angel section and I almost started to cry. It was an incredible moment, that I’ll never forget. A dream come true.

AFB – Este ano desfilaste com umas asas enormes, é importante para ti este reconhecimento por parte da marca?

SS – Sim para mim foi incrível. Eu sempre sonhei usar asas grandes mas pensei que nunca iria acontecer porque são um pouco mais baixa que as outras Angel’s. Mas este ano a Sophia conseguiu criar umas asas gigantes que resultaram bem com a minha estatura, e quando eles me mostraram as asas no fitting não queria acreditar! E depois ainda me disseram que iria fechar a secção Secret Angel, com elas, e quase que comecei a chorar. Foi um momento incrível que nunca vou esquecer. Um sonho tornado realidade.

AFB – You always make sure to have your parents watching the show. Who else of your family was there to support you?

SS – This year, my parents, my uncles and my boyfriend were there. Family is the most important thing, so they’re always at the forefront to get the tickets. I feel much more comfortable knowing that I have them all there to support me. There is no other love like family’s love. Besides, they also love to see the show! They know how it is important to me and want to be there for me.

AFB – Fazes sempre questão de levares os teus pais a assistir ao desfile. Quem mais da tua família esteve lá para te apoiar?

SS – Este ano tive os meus pais, os meus tios e o meu namorado. A família é o mais importante, por isso, eles têm sempre prioridade nos bilhetes. Sinto-me muito mais confortável quando sei que os tenho lá para me apoiar. Não há amor como o da família. E eles também adoram ir ver o show! Sabem como o desfile é importante para mim e querem lá estar para me apoiar.

46 minutes ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

I say they should say screw it and have Kim Kardashian walk the runway as well, that is sure to drive ratings and sales through the roof, right? :D

And I love the interaction between Stella and Lady Gaga, for once Stella seems excited backstage. As long as they don't form a "squad", that is. :smile:

:nicole: I don't think they even make sizes that fit Kim K.

34 minutes ago, ThePinkDiet said:

If they don't release a freaking clip of Elsa finding out that she's opening the show, I'm gonna be so mad.

+1! I want to see that video so bad. If they don't have it in the pre show I hope it's in a video segment for the VSFS.

That little hug moment between Elsa and Lais was so cute. Thanks for the videos! :heart:

Hopefully, VS sees this as being problematic as well. Their Angels used to be the stars of the show but now all the focus is on other models (Kendall, Gigi and Bella). On the other hand, VS is guilty of it themselves i.e. choosing Kendall as their thumbnail picture for the newest “making of” video. Although maybe Adriana is still talked about?

4 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Hopefully, VS sees this as being problematic as well. Their Angels used to be the stars of the show but now all the focus is on other models (Kendall, Gigi and Bella). On the other hand, VS is guilty of it themselves i.e. choosing Kendall as their thumbnail picture for the newest “making of” video. Although maybe Adriana is still talked about?

Yes is their fault but are they gonna wake up? Hell to the no. 

1 hour ago, GildedAngel said:

+1! I want to see that video so bad. If they don't have it in the pre show I hope it's in a video segment for the VSFS.

That little hug moment between Elsa and Lais was so cute. Thanks for the videos! :heart:

8923d5518553721.gif 

so cute. I wonder why they were hugging, I always want backstories :Angel:

edit: I don't know how to make it move on here but if you click it it works?

Today I saw a clip about the show on German tv.

They were backstage and wanted to interview Kendall, Gigi and Bella, but they weren't ready yet.

So the reporter said something like "Ok, we're gonna interview some less important girls in the meantime" and went straight to Jasmine.

I was like WTF...Jasmine is a f*cking angel and you say she's one of the less important girls.

That's what VS has become after casting those insta girls...:cain:

11 minutes ago, TessaEdwards said:

They were backstage and wanted to interview Kendall, Gigi and Bella, but they weren't ready yet.

So the reporter said something like "Ok, we're gonna interview some less important girls in the meantime" and went straight to Jasmine.

I was like WTF...Jasmine is a f*cking angel and you say she's one of the less important girls.

How did Jasmine look versus Kendall, Gigi and Bella i.e. what did they mean when they said the latter weren’t ready?

It is sad. Back in the day, news outlets made sure they could get a comment from Heidi. Now I’m sure reporters are told to get an interview from Kendall, Gigi and Bella first and foremost.

1 minute ago, TessaEdwards said:

Yesterday my news station showed footage from behind the scenes at the show, and the only models they focused on were Bella, Gigi, Kardashian, Newest beauty to the Angel family Taylor Hill, Stella Maxwell (a close friend of Miley... that's seriously how they tied her into the story), Veteran Adriana  Lima and Angel Irina Shayk.  They basically acted like any models outside of those seven were totally irrelevant and they even called Jasmine, Elsa, Romee, and Ale models, and not VS Angels. I was kinda shocked at the total disregard of the other models.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.