Bellazon

The 2015 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Clauds

On 12/23/2015 at 9:33 AM, freevsangel said:

So, i watched the show on my TV and this are my thoughts: 

Hair and Makeup a total fail, please go back to 2006-7 where the hair had that bombshell look and every one (makeup talking) looked healthy not orange or pale

Boho Psychedellic: Behati opening was right, she has THAT vibe, definetly better than last year, i think she was in her comfort zone with all the segment, for me the best ones here were: Candice, Jasmine, Jo, Elsa, Kate and Bee, Loved the ending pose of romee and Taylor was really weird, she has a great wal but dont know what happened, on the other hand, Leomie and Lily were a complete mess, the first one had the wrong amount of energy and Lils had a fierce face, but not right for this segment.

Exotic Butterfly: Adriana a total queen, but the pale lingerie was a bad choice, Gigi was good but her at the end was like she disnt know what to do, Pauline was a brunette Maud, Sara Jac and Magda where simply amazing, Saras wings were so soft and she reminded me to the old times, Daniela Braga... PLEASE VS never ever again booked her, she was awful last year, but this year it was painful to watch, Lais was ok, she was having a hard time with those wings, also she says something about hurting her feets.

Portrait of an Angel: Ale was so good here, she looked so classic and powerful, Sanne was a total surprise for me, she was completly amazing, not really feeling jasmine here, but thats just me, Lily D was decent, but her top year was 2010, now she is just other model, Bruna looked amazing in photos, but not really feeling her on the rumway, Flavia HELL yeah, she had that 2000 vibes.

Pink: total surprise, really liked this year, but please no more Maud or Megan, they just dont fit, take Jojo the hell out of that girly segment, she is way too hot, Rachel.... the good thing is that she didnt opened the segment, bad outfit, normal walk, weird ending pose, no no for me.

Ice Angels: the BEST segment in my opinion, Candice a total godess, Lais is burning, she looked the hottest in this segment, Elsa is an Ice Queen, Sui WTF was that hand thing at the end, sorry @PastaFreak but that disnt look good, not bad either, Stella was waaay to thin this year, and that outfit didnt male her look better, Romee closing was good, would have wanted Elsa but, thats okay

EspecialRecognition to Zombie Izabel, god that woman really want atention.

Fireworks: Please Lily let it go, your stiff walk kill everything that may have been god with you and your outfit, Sara BOOM thats how you walk and pose, Constance amazing as always, Behati really cool outfit and performance, Ale was the best here, Sara closing was so not memorable, even when she had the swarovski outfit and LED Light wings

Thanks for reading :angie::angie::angie:

12 hours ago, GildedAngel said:

You mean Martha, but yes I totally agree with you. Martha had zero energy to close a segment let alone the show. Besides, she looked bland in her outfit. They should've had Sara close if they wanted a new angel to close since she was the one with the most energy, great walk, and great pose at the end of the runway. 

Martha already mentioned on interviews that she didn't quite care about the closing, well not that she didn't care, she was concerned about making it to the end. It seemed the wings were really really heavy for her and she was nervous about carrying it in heels and walking to the end.

@freevsangel nah, don't worry. When I first saw it, I was like wtf but now I'm fine with her hand to face pose. The best part is that she got the slo-mo of the fashion show, that slo-mo up to her smile was perfeccccccct. I actually went over to VS to buy some PINK perfume, just so that I could capture 15 seconds of different unedited footage of Sui.... I know, don't judge.

Now I have zero idea of who to give the body mist/hand lotion too, they were on a buy 1, get 1 free promo. 

It's always the same old thing that we all wish the old days to come back but when vs puts on this kind of weak show like the 2015 show, then you can't help but wonder how the vs people can let this kind of mess happen. Especially considering that most of these people were responsible for the 2005 show as well. The weak points of this year were most definitely too many random girls and not so stellar outfits. The only newcomer i would like to see next year is Bridget malcolm. Her cheeky smile was perfect for PINK plus she's a hottie. Not much positive things to say then. I agree that make-up and hair looked bad (adriana and shanina looked so tired). I hate those drag queen poses (daniela, leomie, cindy - wtf??). Rachel hilbert was so annoying to watch - show some poise for God's sake. It bothers me a lot that she's the PINK spokesmodel because her chances to become a VS angel in the future is technically  a sure thing. ????

I've said it before and I'll say it again; as long as VS is using their own beauty products the models are not going to be anything but washed out and tired looking. 

If the show could use the hair and makeup team and products they used for the holiday commercials, we wouldn't be bitching about them looking meh on the runway. 

On 9-12-2015 at 8:10 PM, SympathysSilhouette said:

It's a combination of a tired old formula and having lost too many high-profile girls over the years.

Just Candice and a 34-year old Adri & Ale combo isn't going to cut it.

Let's face it, Candice was the last model with some cross-over appeal they managed to create.

We might know who the rest of their current roster is, but many people (most) don't have a clue.

God my sentiments exactly. 

I really think VS doesn't know what to do. 

To me this is the solution: classier show, go back to fashion show not entertainment show. Choose fewer girls and angels and make sure they are the best models in the industry, not 'just' popular on Instagram.  There are some models that could become their main models, Sara could be one perhaps. 

Get great music (good mixes, good performers with great songs), not the boring music of the last years that make you fall a sleep. 

Make the show exclusive. 

Bring the show back to the atmosfere it had in 2005, 2006, 2008 and 2010 (although they had some terrible elements as well (Heidi and Seal singing together how gross)) which were the best shows.

Worst shows: 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 equally worse as 2009. 2014 was just a big mess. 

BUT I do like some of the attemps they made in the last years, like in 2013 ('13) what they did with  the Paris segment, creating Paris on stage, or the projection of the French castles in the Diamond/Rihanna segment in 2012, those creations on stage were amazing (also Wild segment 2010). I am all for that. That is there strong point: creating things on stage in a theater way in a quality way.

VS thinks that more is more and more is better. MOre models more angels more of everything. 

No less is more, go back to the basic, to classic, to glamour, not the cheapness of the last years. May CREATION and INVENTION be their New Years resolution be, not just repetion.

Take the goods things of the old shows and combine them with the good elements of the new era and create a new formula. 

If they continue this way the VS bubble is going to implode, I don't see them lasting in this weay. 

The show has so much potential to be great if they only could see they should change and how they should change. 

Finally watched the show....I know I'm a little late :p

It wasn't too bad not my favorite but I can remember worse, and was better than last year. The costumes looked good, and the editing wasn't as quick as it used to be which was my biggest complant about last year. But the casting of some of these models I tell ya. Just awkward and not sexy at all :banghead: As much as I like Devon Windsor I thought she was awkward as hell on the runway this year. And Megan Puleri... yeah you got in the show all your own I don't doubt it :rofl: Though I don't think shes a terrible model, but come on :cain: 

Also damn some of the models just way too skinny. Music acts were good, songs fit well with the segments. Weeknd slays anything and everything.

Overall could have been better could have been worse. Hopefully next year some better casting choices and not so much ass kissing. 

also, I just went to my local VS store. And they had the 2014 show playing on the big screen, but it was unedited footage that showed each girl for about 10 - 15 seconds without showing the performers. Someone needs to get there hand on that footage because it's so good!