Bellazon

2015 SI Swimsuit

christine

I like Hannah Davis but it is pretty obvious that with Brooklyn D, Kate U, Chrissy, Lily, Nina as past covers, that SI is giving covers to models that some type of social relevance beyond modeling.  They are no longer taking unknown models and trying to make them household names. It has become a business decision because the magazine industry is dying. Cover models are now required to date someone famous or important to men. Derek Jeter's role cannot be understated.  

MJ's quote "There's no person, there's no place. The best photo wins. Period."  

I don't believe this for a second.  

I don't know anything about Hannah, but she's pretty and very "All American" looking which is fitting for the theme of the issue.

I wonder if the decision to hold the Swimville event in Nashville had to do with the fact that the cover shot was from Blackberry Farm.

I love Hannah, I love the suit. I love the pose. I don't like the cover. o.o Her skin just looks weird to me. Too much airbrushing. She just looks plastic and fake. And the background doesn't do it for me. Of all the American related scenery they choose a fucking farm fence. 

I'm not a huge fan of the bottom half of the pic, just cause I'm not crazy about the ever-disappearing bikini bottom as a general rule.  But I'm glad the image is unexpected, and I like a fresh face on the cover, whether or not she's my favorite model.  Have no problem with a farm being the location - I still think Marisa should've gotten the cover in 04 in Iowa.  Hoping I enjoy the images on the inside.