Bellazon

2015 SI Swimsuit

christine

^^^ That's why I'm so confused about all this publicity surrounding the ad, too. Every headline I see says "First Plus Size Model to be Featured in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition", but she's being featured in an ad in the magazine. It's really not super ground breaking on SI's part considering I don't think they really have much or possibly even anything to do with it and I'm fairly certain this isn't the first swimsuit ad to feature a plus size model in general. I think a lot of people are just taking the story out of context and making it a bigger deal than it really is.

Also, while I agree that women of all shapes, sizes, colors, etcs. should be appreciated, a lot of the articles I read are twisting this into the "real women have curves" battle, which is something I just don't agree with in general.

@MarsVS She was born in the UK. However, her parents are American, she was raised in California, hell she doesn't even have British accent because she has lived in in the US sincce she was five

And Ashley's ad is just an ad, nothing else. She won't be featured in the magazine and most likely her name won't be there at all.

@MarsVS She was born in the UK. However, her parents are American, she was raised in California, hell she doesn't even have British accent because she has lived in in the US sincce she was five

And Ashley's ad is just an ad, nothing else. She won't be featured in the magazine and most likely her name won't be there at all.

i don't think her dad is american, "Ratajkowski" isn't polish?

^^^ That's why I'm so confused about all this publicity surrounding the ad, too. Every headline I see says "First Plus Size Model to be Featured in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition", but she's being featured in an ad in the magazine. It's really not super ground breaking on SI's part considering I don't think they really have much or possibly even anything to do with it and I'm fairly certain this isn't the first swimsuit ad to feature a plus size model in general. I think a lot of people are just taking the story out of context and making it a bigger deal than it really is.

Also, while I agree that women of all shapes, sizes, colors, etcs. should be appreciated, a lot of the articles I read are twisting this into the "real women have curves" battle, which is something I just don't agree with in general.

yeah i agree

Nope, he is American. She comes from Polish and Irish according to Wiki but both her parents are Americans and so is she, maybe she has dual citizenship but girlfriend is American.

^ You totally can hun, It was once said here that all South Americans come from Spanish family, therefore we're all a little bit Spanish. So I guess you are indeed a little bit from Luxembourg.

#BZWisdom

Little bit, sure. So I could say I can descend from there, but I'd never say I'm from there. Especially since I've never actually been there myself. xD And likewise it's fair to say Emily descends from Polish stock but I'd never say she was Polish, I'd say American. Or maybe British American. Whatev.

#BZIsBetterThanFortuneCookies

Lots of people are like that. Take Gigi, she has a Middle Eastern surname ( Lebanese father)  Would you say she too is not American?