Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Brandiexoxo

It's def not JT as he has a concert the same day of the show at 8:00 pm in Philly. Which sucks, I really wanted him to perform :cry:

I also don't think Robin Thickie will perform, he has one hit song that VS/CBS would have to censure the shit out of so is not worth it. Blurred Lines was too much of a controversial song, and since this are the same people who like blurry asses, I doubt they'll go for Thickie, plus the hype over the song is dead already anyway.

Katy Perry will be performing at the EMA's on the 11th so I doubt she'll make it back to NYC in time for rehearsals and fittings.

damn I wanted JT too :cry:

Well I was thinking Robin Thicke maybe with Give it to You instead of Blurred Lines.... :idk: Also on Katy, wasn't there a mention a while back that one of the sketchs or something looked like something Katy would wear, because it was kinda reminisant of her Roar video?

but anyways maybe Britney then? :idk: I actually like her, and she wouldn't upstage any of the girls, and her songs are pretty light and fun.But IDK if she'll be available either..

IDK, that song isn't doing as well :idk:

I have a feeling that it could be Rita Ora, she'd be good and she could be in the British Invasion segment and she is indeed really close to Cara.

I wish they would get someone with actual singing talent though. Like John Legend or Michael Buble, instead of another artist who can't sing and makes bad pop music :pinch: 

@MissLima- agree about bringing some real talents. Sting and Mary J sang and it was great. I'd love some ethereal theme with a strong powerful voice singing a ballad. it doesnt always have to be: put your hands in the air Jay Z style. it's not a hip hop club after all.

Yup

I always wanted them to have a Brazilian segment and have Michael Buble do a ver of The Girl from Ipanema :rofl: Which won't happen, but I still think he and/or John Legend would fit so well. Kind of like Bruno Mars last year when he sang Youn Gils, it was hands down the best performance we've seen for years

I can see Candy cane opening the show in the British Invasion section. Or maybe closing the segment or show? Either way I think the brittish Invasion section will ppen.

She looks beautiful and its a lovely bra! But I agree that this should have gone to a brunette angel! I wish they gave Candice an ice blue or pale pink bra for this year.

Wow, so there really will be a British Invasion section. Its been a really big year for the Brit royal family with the baby and all plus with the success of their British fashion models. Nice. I don't think the British Invasion section will open unless they decide to open with the fantasy Bra like they did in 2005. B/c the Royal Bra will def be included in that section.

^Although these posts were on the 'Official' thread - it makes much more sense to discuss them here...

That third picture is actually from the 'British Invasion' section. The design is clearly based upon the London 'Pearly Kings and Queens' - who are charitable groups that dress in black clothes adorned with mother-of-pearl buttons to stand out. Here:

post-11221-0-1446071323-14597_thumb.jpg

I suspect, even though - of course - there are plenty of other Royal families across the world, the 'Royal Bra' title will mean it's also part of this section... With that in mind, here's how I see it playing out.

To begin with - music. Surely, nothing conveys what they're going for more than a cheeky cockney knees-up round the old joanna. So play this Chas&Dave number whilst you imagine:

Then, of course to open - that age-old British cliche: the chimney sweep. Oh, I could only hope that Tyra and Heidi could come back, if only to hear their hilarious mangled British accent that they couldn't help but attempt:

post-11221-0-1446071324-34415_thumb.jpg

"Gawd bless you, Mary Poppins!"

Naturally, next to carry on that hackneyed image of the UK, some ladies serving tea. Again, I lament the passing (in VS terms) of KK or Jessica Stam - they'd definitely be shoe-ins to be dressed up ridiculously as a crumpet...

post-11221-0-1446071324-51522_thumb.jpg

And don't tell me they won't pass up the opportunity to dust off a variation of this hoary old outfit:

post-11221-0-1446071324-55698_thumb.jpg

Next, out comes the bra - in the middle with no fanfare (naturally):

post-11221-0-1446071324-59187_thumb.jpg

When what should represent the British Royalty is a succession of hideous pastel-shaded frock coat/cocktail dress, with matching hat, worn by some miserable looking models:

post-11221-0-1446071324-60938_thumb.jpg

post-11221-0-1446071324-62638_thumb.jpg

post-11221-0-1446071324-64584_thumb.jpg

And just because VS can't help themselves from being too literal:

post-11221-0-1446071324-65531_thumb.gif

Then, at the end, Ed Razek comes on dressed as Benny Hill (who, coincidentally, also called his coterie of girls "Angels"), pulls down someone's outfit and then gets chased around the catwalk by everybody to a rousing saxophone solo. Enjoy:

post-11221-0-1446071324-67066_thumb.jpg

Fin.

I loooove the Bra.. Hell I thought it was gonna be much more plain.. really colorful, hopefully Candice will know how to wear it on the show.. BTW i really had my bets on Behati.

and about the segment its going to appear on.. It has all the british colours and that stuff but  by the sketch we have already seen from British Invasion it makes a lot of contrast, everythings looks classy and elegant and the FB looks really vivid, anyway I´m really glad they have done it this way.. lets hope everything keeps this level!!

I like that the cups look like crowns. That's about it. Also:

"lol it sucks"
"so bad"

"Why can't they go back to 2000-2005 bras?"
"Horrible!"
"I like it!"

As far as performers:

Katy will be at the EMAs? Good, I hope she stays there for some time and never makes her way to the VSFS.

Justin? Well, it could be worse. Besides, his 2006 was really good, maybe time for a comeback?

Would love to see Thicke but i don't think it can happen.

Britney?- naaah

Do you also hate life, flowers and puppies?

As far as performers:

Katy will be at the EMAs? Good, I hope she stays there for some time and never makes her way to the VSFS.

Justin? Well, it could be worse. Besides, his 2006 was really good, maybe time for a comeback?

Would love to see Thicke but i don't think it can happen.

Britney?- naaah

If Justin and Britney come together - -!........

post-40936-0-1446071325-5026_thumb.jpg

(source: instagram @laurencutillo)

I'm not really a yellow gold fan (I would be dying of this bra if it were white gold or platinum instead UGH) and I didn't like the bra at first, but the more I see of it, the more I like. I'm over the moon happy for Candice. She's definitely deserving of this opportunity, and I think she's going to kill it on the runway.  :clap:

Is there any chance they will get Miley to perform? She just released an album, and she will most likely have another single out soon. On the one hand, she might bring in high ratings because people will want to see what she will do/wear (less clothing than the models?) but I don't think the producers want the performer to get more media coverage than the actual show.

Is there any chance they will get Miley to perform? She just released an album, and she will most likely have another single out soon. On the one hand, she might bring in high ratings because people will want to see what she will do/wear (less clothing than the models?) but I don't think the producers want the performer to get more media coverage than the actual show.

post-32772-0-1446071331-11748_thumb.gif

Her and Robin Thicke can do another softcore scene while she's there.