Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2012 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

Why don't you guys like Kate Upton for VS???!!!

I don't want to start a riot with the Upton fans, but to be fair- this is not her thread. I think she looks like a hybrid of Anna Nicole Smith and Alvin the chipmunk. She just looks cheap to me and I'm not a fan of her body. Of course most men, especially American men would differ, as a pair of healthy breasts keeps them happy. And hey if that works for her, more power to her. She's making money and I guess that's what matters. I'll have to +1 Siemgi and say I would like her to stay away from VS because of my interest in it. Imagine if she were apart of VS though, the only thing more cringe worthy than seeing Candice attempt to dance during VS Swim videos is having to watch Kate do the cat daddy again.

Upton's appeal isn't only linked to the size of her chest. If it was, there would be dozens like her. It's true she has a very distinct body type that might not lend itself well to a VSFS type show.

Having said that, is anyone really content with the general type the casting has gone for in the last 4-5 years? It's true we never had someone like Upton walk the VS runway, but we did have a girl like Laetitia Casta, who had some serious curves herself. Where is the 2012 Casta?

Why don't you guys like Kate Upton for VS???!!!

I don't want to start a riot with the Upton fans, but to be fair- this is not her thread. I think she looks like a hybrid of Anna Nicole Smith and Alvin the chipmunk. She just looks cheap to me and I'm not a fan of her body. Of course most men, especially American men would differ, as a pair of healthy breasts keeps them happy. And hey if that works for her, more power to her. She's making money and I guess that's what matters. I'll have to +1 Siemgi and say I would like her to stay away from VS because of my interest in it. Imagine if she were apart of VS though, the only thing more cringe worthy than seeing Candice attempt to dance during VS Swim videos is having to watch Kate do the cat daddy again.

Upton's appeal isn't only linked to the size of her chest. If it was, there would be dozens like her. It's true she has a very distinct body type that might not lend itself well to a VSFS type show.

Having said that, is anyone really content with the general type the casting has gone for in the last 4-5 years? It's true we never had someone like Upton walk the VS runway, but we did have a girl like Laetitia Casta, who had some serious curves herself. Where is the 2012 Casta?

I'm sure there are people who like Upton for more than that. But dreamss question was why I personally didn't like Kate for VS, and that's what I see her as. In my view she is generic looking, implying that there are dozens like her. Not asking anyone else to see her through my eyes.

Laetitia had the body of a goddess. She had great curves, but the rest of her body was also resembling of a supermodel (my perception of a supermodel I should say). I miss her on the runway. One of a kind.

Well the show did go downhill after Gisele left, i think most of us agree that after 2006 (Gi's last show) it's when the show started to get bad, they started to cast more HF/super skinny/too young-looking models, they started to have more attention on the performers. I'm scared it will get even worse after Alessandra & Adriana are both gone, i feel like VS will do 5 Pink-ish segments 1 one mainline segment :ninja:

This is around the time where the VSFS went form having women to having girls. This has nothing to do with the actual ages of the models and more with their (body) type. In general they have gone towards the more petite frames.

It's not just Gisele, they have also lost KK, Tyra, Naomi, Heidi, ... since that time. Was there even a single woman like that (other than maybe Hilary Rhoda) on this year's show?

I'd call Joan womanly too? And Isabeli. Not to start anything, but Gisele didn't have curves her body is straight and she's as slim as Magdalena Plus the show has always been dominant by skinny girls. They just had maturity in their faces. Noami, Heidi, Claudia were curvy but most of the girls were skinny.

Well the show did go downhill after Gisele left, i think most of us agree that after 2006 (Gi's last show) it's when the show started to get bad, they started to cast more HF/super skinny/too young-looking models, they started to have more attention on the performers. I'm scared it will get even worse after Alessandra & Adriana are both gone, i feel like VS will do 5 Pink-ish segments 1 one mainline segment :ninja:

This is around the time where the VSFS went form having women to having girls. This has nothing to do with the actual ages of the models and more with their (body) type. In general they have gone towards the more petite frames.

It's not just Gisele, they have also lost KK, Tyra, Naomi, Heidi, ... since that time. Was there even a single woman like that (other than maybe Hilary Rhoda) on this year's show?

I'd call Joan womanly too? And Isabeli. Not to start anything, but Gisele didn't have curves her body is straight and she's as slim as Magdalena Plus the show has always been dominant by skinny girls. They just had maturity in their faces. Noami, Heidi, Claudia were curvy but most of the girls were skinny.

I should have been more clear in my point. A more womanly look isn't just linked to the body type but also the model's faces. Miranda is a good example of the opposite: she is nearly 30 but her face makes her appear much younger.

Conversely, Gisele always had more mature facial features.

To return to the earlier point about Laetitia Casta: where have those girls gone to? Not them specifically, but models like her? It's not that there aren't any women out there with her body type, it rather seems like the VS leadership has decided to sail a different course, one that is more aimed at younger women/girls?

I'd like Kate for VS because she's hot, she's 20 & she acts like she's 20 & she doesn't have that "my-shit-stinks-better-than-yours" attitude that i get from some of the Angels right now, so for me is 10+ times easier to relate to Kate. She just seems to have fun with whatever she's doing, one of the things that annoys me the most from the new girls is that everything they said sounds just fake, like it's too obvious that they're saying what they were told to say, if anything Lily & Behati are the only ones that come across as spontaneous to me

I think Barbara P can be considered the next Laetitia. She's got a very similar body type and they both are a bit shorter.

I agree 100 % ......Barbara is VS New Laetitia Casta....She has one of the curviest bodies I have seen on any VS model and with her petite frame she brings something different to the table....Her latest VS Swim photo is a perfect example....Curves Galore !!!

http://www.bellazon.com/main/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=1713955

https://twitter.com/theangelsvs/status/279295975095402497/photo/1/large

post-186-0-73264400-1355419604_thumb.jpg

Adriana posted this to her Facebook.

It's a shot that actually sums up why it's time she departed. She has lost all of the ingénue quality that made her so irresistible in the early VSFS.

That's your opinion of course.

Well of course such a comment would be entirely subjectively. I do believe VS has held onto some girls for a couple of years too long. Adriana is one of them. Heidi was another. Of course, it's not like the opinion of some random dude in Belgium matters either way. ;)

BTW, this has nothing to do with personal like or dislike of the girl. People who have been around this forum for a long-ass time will know that my original BZ moniker was actually "Limafan". :p

My comments aren't even aimed that much at VS in general. I just believe it's rare for a spokesmodel and a company to have such a long relationship without it becoming somewhat stale and boring.

I'm a big fan of Candice Swanepoel but I hope she moves on from VS sooner rather than later. I certainly don't hope that Candice is still doing the VS thing in 4-5 years from now.

There are always exceptions to every rule of course, but a VSFS tenure should be in the 5-8 years range, no longer. One of the ways to reinvigorate the show is give us more new faces.

:PinkCouture2: :PinkCouture2:

That's subjective, i dislike Candice a lot so obviously she won't sell me shit, but i like Adrian a lot so obviously I'll probably buy what she sells, but i bet that Siemgi who dislikes Adriana a lot won't buy shit from her but he would probably buy whatever Lindsay sells because he likes her a lot, i think it all comes down to who each one of us (or X VS costumer) likes better :idk:

not to me, I actually would buy, the bra that looks more beautiful to me, and the one that fits me the best, I could careless which model is modelling the floral bra, push up bra or the cotton bra, or whatever bra, I always go with the cotton bra. When I do my shopping I focus on what fits me best, not what fits best to the model. I have bought underwear where Miranda is on the post, I am not buying the underwear because Miranda is modeling it , but because I actually like the underwear. I could careless which model is on the post.

I think it's because of her work with Aerie, she's their #1 girl right now & i think Aerie is PINK's biggest competition. I remember Jessica Perez didn't work for VS while she was working for Aerie & now that she's done with Aerie she's doing VS again, but it could be coincidence & then there's the fact Nina didn't even go to the castings for the VSFS so she's not even interested on it right now, she's also working with Maaji Swimwear & Sauvage but i don't know how those contracts are

I always wanted to see Nina & Kate Upton doing more work for VS, i think they both would be better for the company than some of the girls they're using right now

I like Nina's body type better than Kate's. I'm not a fan of Upton's and wouldn't want to see her with VS for several reasons but I think Nina is a little bit 'curvier' than a lot of the current girls and she would be a nice face to see.

I see potential on Nina doing VS, I could see the public really liking her and sell a lot for VS, she seem like a fun girl, and she has a very nice body, her face not so great, but yeah I could see her having the same future that Alessandra have now with VS. the media loves Ale except for me, and Nina kind of reminds me of Ale, I see somewhat a similar trait, and I could see the media loving Nina. I personally don't find Nina that attractive I just think she has a nice body, and that is it. But yeah I could see VS having a big succeed with Nina.

There's still womanly model out there not a lot but theirs is, back like the tyra, naomi, laetitia, karen, stephanie, etc, etc. is just VS don't hire them no more.like Hilary Rhoda, Alyssa Miller, Candice Boucher, Michelle Vawer have the classic look and womanly body. Glad they are using Barbara's curvy body to model for them. Kate Upton has a very curvacious body for VS. VS would be making money, money, money with Kate's body. Glad to know they choose Xenia Deli to shoot for them can't wait to see her VS pictures.

I think this year's was more like this one. Because of the lines. So was last year's

This is one of the handful of VS commercials that are 100% perfect. Not a damn thing wrong with it! I'd say the 2003 VS backstage commercial and the 2008 holiday commercial are also perfect VS commercials and to me can never be topped ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OLgqd3bFA4