Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2012 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

I do agree that Dri needs to leave VS, not because i think she lost her spark or something but because 10+ years, i don't think there's something new from her we haven't seen, which is the same the same reason i think Miranda & Alessandra should leave too, out of all the 'old' girls the only one i still think can do more for VS is Doutzen. But then again, I'm not a fan of the new girls either so i guess i just prefer the older girls until they find good replacements :idk:

Basically, so until then she's not going anywhere. I would love for her to leave too, but everything will probably go downhill after that which I kind of want to see! :evil:

Circus remix was great, imo. They should do that in ALL segments! 5 performances were too much :/

btw, i always laugh when you can hear the people shouting and in the video they're like :mellow:

Basically, so until then she's not going anywhere. I would love for her to leave too, but everything will probably go downhill after that which I kind of want to see! :evil:

LOL me too! :shifty:

I highly doubt things would go downhill. She was gone most of this year and VS did quite well. I think they actually increased their sales this year.

Yea yea. Part of what makes the brand a standout is the angels though. So if people don't care for them anymore, don't you think it would diminish the prominence of the brand? Some people who are only VS fans because of the angels and buy the products their faves are selling might lose interest once that particular angel leaves And if they stop getting those people's money, that's a loss no matter how little. There's a reason they're paying them millions. There's a reason they want Candice's name to be on everyone's tongue

^ the average VS consumer don't know the names of the Angels nor can they decipher who is who nor do they really care.

And I highly doubt having an Angel or two leave would significantly affect consumers' shopping behaviors. People will still buy their stuff regardless. Yes, having Angels is a perk and might lure them in but I don't think if anyone of them were replaced people would care that much.

yea we're gonna have to agree to disagree. I think VS costumers are more familiar with the angels' names/faces than other people. It's VS customers that go to their photo ops (which means sales), and I hear Adriana gets those events full. I actually think that's why she does more events than the other girls. Ed basically said Gisele was a money making machine. And they made Marisa (who's more known by the public the some of the girls) an angel the following year Gisele left, right? Plus they held on to Heidi for the longest time. I read many many comments online where people said they lost interest in VS when Gisele left, or Heidi. At least when Gisele left, there was Hedi, Ale, Adriana. And when Heidi left there's Adriana, Ale, Miranda. Not saying they'll go bankrupt without them, but they must be doing something extremely right for all those millions to go in their pockets.

Well the show did go downhill after Gisele left, i think most of us agree that after 2006 (Gi's last show) it's when the show started to get bad, they started to cast more HF/super skinny/too young-looking models, they started to have more attention on the performers. I'm scared it will get even worse after Alessandra & Adriana are both gone, i feel like VS will do 5 Pink-ish segments 1 one mainline segment :ninja:

Do i think VS will go bankrupt? No, they won't. But i think the show will go downhill, not because I'm a fan of Dri & Ale but because i think they're the last old-school girls, just look at the Christmas commercial this year, it was a remake from 2005, was it bad as a commercial? No, but when you compare it to the original 2005 commercial is just painful to watch :idk:

Oh poop, I started one of these. I didn't mean to, but just to make things clear: I don't think VS will go bankrupt, I think VS started going downhill when Gisele left too, blah, blah, blah. Basically, it's not all about Adriana~*~ I was also taking into consideration Doutzen, and Miranda who I think will be gone even before her.

I want Adriana to leave too, not because she's been there for almost 13 years and can't offer anything new to the brand (like please, it's modeling, not rocket science, as long as you still look beautiful and can sell products, why not?) But because the show sucks now, the catalog pics don't look as good as they used to, the angel rooster sucks. She needs to leave this hot mess.

About the Angels' relevance to the brand, lets just say without them, they'll be just like H&M :whistle: When Adriana and Alessandra retire, they should just forget about the whole Angel thing and just hire random models for promo work like they're doing with Pink because people won't give the new girls a second look. Nothing can convince me now that the angels aren't a very important part of the brand. People know them and I believe people pay more attention to models they know and recognize when they open the VS catalog or visit the website. Chanel was trending at twitter because people noticed that she wasn't at the show. Adriana was trending even before the show started, in anticipation that she'll be there. So yea, I think the girls play a part in customer behavior

And the show did go downhill when Gisele left, but not necessarily because she left. I think after 2005, the novelty of supermodels walking in their undies on TV became less and less fascinating as the years went by. Ratings went down immensely in the 2006 show. So they came up with the stupid idea of having the girls dancing on the runway, sending kisses to the audience, and flirting with the performers. And it worked, they had more people watch the 2007 show as ratings soared and it continued. Gisele just happened to be gone before they came up with that idea, thank God. What matters most to them is the number of people that watch the show.

People actually only buy the products their favorite angels sell? :rofl: that sounds ridiculous. The show and the brand are two different things. I completely agree that the show went downhill after Gisele left, and sure she was a money making machine. But I really doubt that VS is going to lose business after Adriana leaves lol. Their clientele isn't even the same that it used to be. I think the show caters to the demographics of their customers. They seem to care more and more about the younger demographic (which is why Pink is so important). From what I can tell that's where they put a good amount of importance. Of course they still care about girls being sexy for their mainline, but IMO as indifferent as I am about Candice, she has the same effect as Adriana does (Adriana's recent years, she has been well past her prime). Adriana was something special and otherworldly in the early years, but I don't think she's the main seller with catalogs. They use her for events because she has a huge fan base and is the most well known angel, that's common sense. But the events are only part of the brand's success. Adriana is a great spokesperson, when she talks about a product she actually knows all the details and knows when to work things in, but I'm sure they'll concentrate on picking up girls who have personalities and can sell.

As much as you all cry about Karlie possibly being picked up. Young girls seem to like her, she has personality, and she can sell a product and do these interviews better than most of the girls with the brand. I don't find her particularly sexy, but I don't see why she's impossible for Pink. I think that's the direction they're going to try to go.

But the events are only part of the brand's success. Adriana is a great spokesperson, when she talks about a product she actually knows all the details and knows when to work things in, but I'm sure they'll concentrate on picking up girls who have personalities and can sell.
Sure...
As much as you all cry about Karlie possibly being picked up. Young girls seem to like her, she has personality, and she can sell a product and do these interviews better than most of the girls with the brand. I don't find her particularly sexy, but I don't see why she's impossible for Pink. I think that's the direction they're going to try to go.

If we are going by social media and Youtube comments, I doubt that.

What do u guys think the angles are for?

To make you look slimmer or fatter? :idk:

Siemgi LMAO.

But seriously... Cherry no one said people only buy the the products their favorites sell. Just that they might consider it more than the ones the others are selling. If I was a female and I had to buy a VS product, I'd first look at the ones Adriana and Candice are selling no doubt. I remember last year when my step sis called me to smell some VS perfumes and tell her which one I liked better so she could take that. The perfumes were from last year's summer campaign. You know, the one Candice, Adriana and Erin in Malibu was it? I chose the one Adriana recommended even before I smelled it. But it did turn out to be the one that smelled best to me I have to say lol.

And why do you guys think Justin Bieber or Beyonce perfumes sell like hot cakes? I highly doubt it's because they are the best perfumes in the world. It's because they have a huge fanbase that would buy anything they sell. They're not fans for nothing, VS won't use Adriana (in her 30s when they could be promoting the newer girls more) as much as it does if her fans don't buy the products she sells. They're not using her for only events as she's still the the catalogs and commercials

If she wasn't doing a better job than the rest, why keep her around?

Why use her so much?

And I don't think Candice has the same effect as Adriana, not by a long shot.

In no way does Candice give the same affect as Adriana. People can dream it and act like that's what's going on because Candice is VS' new spotlight Angel but in no way is Candice is the league of Adriana when it comes to being the VS mega Angel/seller/promoter or whatever you want to call it. Is she there second best? Yes. She even beats out Ale I would say. She still has a ways to go before she will give the Adriana effect though and anyone who says otherwise is clearly blinded by there hate for Adriana or blinded by the Candice propaganda video we were forced to watch at this years show :baronlamesign: (And yes I know we got a Semi-Adriana promo too.)

Did you guys see Behati's swim pic?? DAMNN!!! No wonder they gave her Lais outfit..she is smoking right now! :gocho:

That's subjective, i dislike Candice a lot so obviously she won't sell me shit, but i like Adrian a lot so obviously I'll probably buy what she sells, but i bet that Siemgi who dislikes Adriana a lot won't buy shit from her but he would probably buy whatever Lindsay sells because he likes her a lot, i think it all comes down to who each one of us (or X VS costumer) likes better :idk: