Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2011 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

The lolFantasyBra, while the lighting seems to be fixed one question stand.. How do you notice the uber expensive bra when a GIANT CLAM is garnering all the looks?

Candice's 1st outfit just didn't have that WOW factor to open the show. And lastly did anyone else feel like Miranda was seriously dwarfed by the amount of fabric she was wearing? Her outfits would of been better on more of a stately woman like KK. :/

I agree with you about candice and in relation to Miranda when she has the outfit with the bra.

She looks like she is carrying a huge weight. she's so skinny, and it seems so small inside that mollusk. :laugh:

Judging from the pics we've seen thus far, so far, so good. :) Nice to see Miranda and Doutzen back into the mix. The music looks good, too. I've always been a fan of Maroon 5. Jay-Z and Kanye West, not so much. Unlike other fans of rap music, I don't think Jay-Z is all that, and Kanye, for other MANY REASONS. <_< ;) I'm also not a fan of Nicki Manaj, either. Her sense of fashion is :x, but that probably fits well with the Pink section. :yes: I have no idea who they have host it, but don't have Heidi Klum do it again. She has done it so many times, even the year she wasn't even in the show. I'm guessing the inbetween sections are gonna be interviews with the best known models. However, I wish this year they would interview and give us the backgrounds of the newcomers and 2nd comers to the show. Shanina Shaik, Lais Ribeiro, both of the Jablonski's and Joan Smalls were among my favorites, even though that last outfit worn by Smalls was like WTF?!

Is closing, the show looks promising. Yeah, the editing will probably be questionable, and they will probably still do the slow motion thing, but hopefully it won't detract too much from the show. Plus, they can't do much worse than 2009, right. That show was a good one gone HORRIBLY WRONG!!! The outfits were great, there was only one celebrity shot, and the music was good. It was looking like the best show since 2005(pinnacle never to be reached again), but they had to bore us to sleep with that MODEL SEARCH inbetween the segments. :sleep:

^ Heidi will probably not host the show considering she no longer works for VS since last year (I believe). And I agree about the ANTM thing in 09. It was AWFUL and a total waste of time, especially considering that IMO all the good looking girls got eliminated and we were left with 2 bad finalists. But this probably will never happen again anyway.

About this year's show, I didn't watch all the pictures of the outfits, I want to see the motion first, but I've seen the ballet segment, and if it's the opening, then it's not a good one. As much as I like Candice, not only does she have little energy but the music chosen doesn't really help. Anja Rubik looks like she usually does at the VSFS, meaning bad, and Chanel, well I've never been a fan of Chanel at all, for VS especially, and this is not going to convince me otherwise. She looks drunk. Lily just doesn't belong on a runway, full stop. On a positive note Toni is a nice addition to the show and Alessandra was good, doing her usual thing.

I'm afraid I'm going to complain a lot after watching the CBS final show but unfortunately I probably be complaining about the same things : bad music (check), bad lineup of models and angels (check).

It's kind of funny because the only interaction I have seen between Candice and Lindsay is in the new behind the scenes of the Christmas commercial. And they are both on escalators looking at each other. It actually does seem awkward haha.

Here is the vid if anyone wants to see what I'm talking about.

http://www.celebutopia.net/2011/07/do-cand...ate-each-other/

They also don't (gasp!) follow each other on Twitter (although, anyway, the only "new" Angel Lindsay follows is Chanel).

VS might have told them to make sure not to get into a situation where all the blondes are together and vice versa. That wouldn't look visually appealing. However, I would not be surprised if they were not fond of each other. It is unrealistic to think they are all buddies and love each other :/