Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2011 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

Just watched the show again and I have to say I didn't notice the blurred butts the first time through but this time it was annoying. And speaking of annoying--Adriana! I hate to say this because I really am a fan of the girl, but she is super obnoxious on the runway and seems to think she is God's gift to fashion out there. I really wish she would tone down the pointing, nodding, throwing kisses, thanking people, etc. Ale is guilty of this too, but not quite as much. I was also annoyed by Karlie's mouth being constantly open. I realize she was just excited, but damn girl. She's also way too frighteningly skinny for my tastes. I much prefer her as a print model. The only other person who stuck out like a sore thumb to me was Anja. VS continues to bring her back and I don't get the appeal myself. Oh well.

Really liked the I Put A Spell On You segment. Hated the super hero thing. Every thing else fell somewhere in between. I thought last year's was much better...but then, I'm a huge fan of Magdalena and seriously missed her this year. :(

Just watched the show again and I have to say I didn't notice the blurred butts the first time through but this time it was annoying. And speaking of annoying--Adriana! I hate to say this because I really am a fan of the girl, but she is super obnoxious on the runway and seems to think she is God's gift to fashion out there. I really wish she would tone down the pointing, nodding, throwing kisses, thanking people, etc. Ale is guilty of this too, but not quite as much. I was also annoyed by Karlie's mouth being constantly open. I realize she was just excited, but damn girl. She's also way too frighteningly skinny for my tastes. I much prefer her as a print model. The only other person who stuck out like a sore thumb to me was Anja. VS continues to bring her back and I don't get the appeal myself. Oh well.

Really liked the I Put A Spell On You segment. Hated the super hero thing. Every thing else fell somewhere in between. I thought last year's was much better...but then, I'm a huge fan of Magdalena and seriously missed her this year. :(

i'm so happy that i'm not the only one who feels this :laugh: don't get me wrong, I love Adriana and think she's great but it's just a bit much for my taste. For all the models that do it too, not just her. I think the only segments that there should be (if any) over enthusiasm and interacting from the models is pink because it kind of has that vibe, to me at least.

silly and super-prudish.

that's murrican censorship defined

the funny thing is you'd probably find a lot worse/more provocative on any primetime drama show

And speaking of annoying--Adriana! I hate to say this because I really am a fan of the girl, but she is super obnoxious on the runway and seems to think she is God's gift to fashion out there. I really wish she would tone down the pointing, nodding, throwing kisses, thanking people, etc.

Jeez-us Christ, you only notice that NOW? BTW, you should meet her in person. Your comment isn't far from the truth.

Heh...No, I noticed it a long time ago. I guess I just held out the pathetic hope that she would change or have some reality slapped in to her. Sadly, I doubt that'll ever happen. She has too many minions standing around reminding her how wonderful she is. I do think she's an amazing print model, and I'm sure she's fine on other runways, but I can't watch her on the VSFS without wanting to trip her. :D

i think she would be refreshing to see after the angels do their blowing kisses and flapping thier hands..

i think she has that power gaze like angela lindval has, she has the same "dont fuck with me" look on the runway like joan has, but look how joan switched it up..she was soft and suprised us all..i really think she can do the same...

i have always had my eye on her and now that joan made it and shined, i have hopes for her

she actually has breasts and a lil ass..and she can walk..she's no neomi, but she's no marissa...i hope IMG can manage to get her to castings

she's not the VS norm, but thats what i love about her..i think she can rock it, imo, of course

• 2 weeks later...
Heh...No, I noticed it a long time ago. I guess I just held out the pathetic hope that she would change or have some reality slapped in to her. Sadly, I doubt that'll ever happen. She has too many minions standing around reminding her how wonderful she is. I do think she's an amazing print model, and I'm sure she's fine on other runways, but I can't watch her on the VSFS without wanting to trip her. :D

How much is that her own fault though? It seems to me that a lot of the models act out of character on the VSFS runway. Likely because the folks in charge push them to do so. We all know is more a spectacle than a real fashion show anyway... :blush:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They are gonna have to add a model or two this year, or bring one who wasn't in the 2011 show back. Both Alessandra and Adriana are pregnant. Adriana is gonna give birth late this year or early next year, so she is definitely out. When ale announced her pregnancy late this year, she said she was already 4 months along. That means she will give birth in late May or early June, and therefore will most likely participate is this year's show. Because of Adriana Lima's situation, they might have to make another one of their models an official angel, or bring one back. I'm guessing Rosie can come back, and Izabel was a one-time angel as well. However, their angel contracts are up, so who knows what might happen?

I am with on that one..a great mix of both..

on supermodels.nl anna selezneva has a spread in Vogue Paris..

i love how love how she looks here..long hair, soft make-up, imo she has that maryna sultry look to her...

i love her walk...i hope they give her a shot..when i think of her all i can see are cheekbones and big blue eyes..but i want to be proven wrong

like i said she looks like VS material in that Vogue spread...as always, imo..hope to see her too..

• 5 months later...

So I'm talking to someone who's playing around with the outfits board (super awesome photo editing program go go) and they swear they see Tatiana Kovylina.

Could be wrong, but it's something to keep an eye out for.

Nnenna Agba on the board (new) #36

nnennaagbaamericasnextt.jpg

.... wait! they cast someone from America's Next Top Model Tyra just got confirmation on her l33t status of awesomeness

Wow, Nnena... I met her back in 2004 in Sweden (I guess before ANTM? I didn't watch it then) She was very friendly ..

• 4 weeks later...