Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2011 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Clauds

The vogue article said she wouldn't be walking due to prior obligations...
Woopsie. I read too fast so I missed that part but they did contradict themselves at the end.
This year's line-up - in addition to the brand's Angels including Alessandra Ambrosio, Miranda Kerr, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Adriana Lima, Doutzen Kroes, Erin Heatherton and Candice Swanepoel who walk every year - is set to be confirmed next week ahead of the show on November 29.

This is what i can read from all the pictures from the board:

Ballet: Candice - ? - Lily A -Chanel - Alessandra - Doutzen - ? - ? - ? - ? - Miranda (11 looks)

Super Angels: Adriana - Lindsay - Shannan - Izabel - ? - ? - ? - Behati - Anja - Erin (10 looks)

Passion Play: Alessandra - Candice - Anja - ? - Doutzen - ? - ? - ? - ? - Adriana (10 looks)

Angels Aquatic: Miranda - ? - ? - ? - ? - Lindsay - Anne V- Liu - Anais - Erin - Joan - Karlie (12 looks)

I Put a spell on you: Doutzen - Lais - ? - ? - Izabel - Toni - ? - Karmen - Candice - Shanina - Miranda - Adriana - Anja (13 looks)*

Club pink: ? - Elsa - Behati - Magdalena - Chanel - Jessica - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? (13 looks)

*In one board Miranda is closing, in another board it's Anja closing so I'm not sure which one is the definite one

What I find interesting is that we all have commented on the fact that if there's a yellow post it over the name it means the outfit was originally worn by one girl, but they changed the look due to it not fitting properly or it just looked better on another model. And yet Candice, Shanina and Adriana are all the original names/looks in the "I put a spell on you" segment, and they actually resemble the models named. Makes you wonder just how 'late of an addition' Shanina was to the cast list. :idk: just throwing the idea out there.

I'm really happy she's there and I truly hope the company takes a couple second glances at her. And the ethnic background is something VS seems to be trying to bring in. I'm just excited to see her.. so I'll stop now :D

To put Shanina smack in the middle of the Victoria Secret heavy weights :o

Candice - Shanina - Miranda - Adriana

VS has to see something in her right? Maybe they think she can hold her own against the titans? :idk: Also a lot of people still compare Miranda/Shan, and there are times that the woman can look very similar, so if that's the case why would VS put Shanina right before Miranda when Miranda can easily overshadow her with star power alone.

Lol Shanina competing w/ adriana, candice, or miranda? I don't think so. Yes the placement is kind of odd but at the same time they're going to place other girls in between... I don't think it speaks all that much to Shanina's capabilities.

She comes off as an SI girl to me in her print work and in personality. Could just be me though.

This is what i can read from all the pictures from the board:

Ballet: Candice - ? - Lily A -Chanel - Alessandra - Doutzen - ? - ? - ? - ? - Miranda (11 looks)

Super Angels: Adriana - Lindsay - Shannan - Izabel - ? - ? - ? - Behati - Anja - Erin (10 looks)

Passion Play: Alessandra - Candice - Anja - ? - Doutzen - ? - ? - ? - ? - Adriana (10 looks)

Angels Aquatic: Miranda - ? - ? - ? - ? - Lindsay - Anne V- Liu - Anais - Erin - Joan - Karlie (12 looks)

I Put a spell on you: Doutzen - Lais - ? - ? - Izabel - Toni - ? - Karmen - Candice - Shanina - Miranda - Adriana - Anja (13 looks)*

Club pink: ? - Elsa - Behati - Magdalena - Chanel - Jessica - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? (13 looks)

*In one board Miranda is closing, in another board it's Anja closing so I'm not sure which one is the definite one

This is what I see based on one of the pictures:

Ballet = Candice - ? - Lily A - Alessandra - Chanel - Doutzen - Toni - Sui - ? - ? - Miranda

Super Angels = Adriana - Lindsay - Shannan - Izabel - Maryna or Karlie - Joan - Karmen - Behati - Anja - Erin

Passion Play = Alessandra - Candice - ? - Lily D - Doutzen - Julia - Bregje - Lais - Flavia - Adriana

Angels Aquatic = Miranda - Sui - Constance - ? - Lindsay - Anne V - Liu - Anais - Erin - Joan - ? - Karlie

I Put A Spell On You = Doutzen - Alessandra - ? - ? - Izabel - Toni - Lais - Cameron - Candice - Shanina - Anja or Flavia - Adriana - Miranda

The pink segment has been the most hidden one this year, so I'm just going to wait and see with that one.

So based on this article http://fashionista.com/2011/11/victorias-s...by-the-numbers/

There are 38 models. 10 Angels, 13 Newcomers and 15 Regulars. The article got it wrong. They said 15 newcomers. They meant 15 regulars. This is the model list.

Angels

Adriana Lima

Alessandra Ambrosio

Miranda Kerr

Doutzen Kroes

Candice Swanepoel

Behati Prinsloo

Chanel Iman

Erin Heatherton

Lily Aldridge

Lindsay Ellingson

Returning Girls

Anja Rubik

Julia Stegner

Anne Vyalitsyna

Constance Jablonski

Emanuela De Paula

Flavia De Oliveira

Izabel Goulart

Jacquelyn Jablonski

Lais Ribeiro

Lily Donaldson

Magdalena Frackowiak

Liu Wen

Caroline Winberg

Shannan Click

Maryna Linchuk

New Girls

Toni Garn

Karmen Pedaru

Sui He

Joan Smalls

Karlie Kloss

Jessica Clarke

Elsa Hosk

Caroline Brasch Nielsen

Cameron Russell

Anais Mali

Bregje Heinen

Shanina Shaik

Ieva Laguna

from modelina:

Unlike a regular fashion show whose backstage can last anywhere from two hours to twenty minutes, the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show’s backstage is an all day affair. Models arrive at around 9am, but the show isn’t until 8pm. Talk about a long day!

With endless hair and make-up, interviews with press and last minute fittings and run-throughs, models are busy from the second they sit down in their makeup chair to the moment they step foot on the glittery runway.

Take a look backstage at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in 2009 to get an idea of what your favorite Angels are doing this very moment!

Just curious - is there not another taping? Is that looked at as something VS doesn't mention?