Bellazon

FIFA World Cup 2010

Jade**

Dumbenech HAS RUINED LES BLEUS! He is going to get it tomorrow in the press, if his not getting it now already. 2-0 Mexico?? Sorry I don't mean to disrespect Mexico but what a damn JOKE for France. I will not be surprised if Bafana Bafana beat them and I actually hope they do. Laurent Blanc will take over as coach but they (the FFF) have themselves to blame for letting it go on for this long with Raymond.

The Argentina match was fun to watch :hehe:
^The last 30 minutes were lots of fun - but that first 15 of the second-half were stupidly tense... You can forget, when you're often watching just for the enjoyment of the game, how uncomfortable it can be when it's your bloody team. :pinch:

After that I calmed down with Greece/Nigeria. I was looking for a draw anyway - so that we'd be the first to go through( :p ) - but really I just wanted Nigeria to equalise so that Enyeama's one mistake wouldn't cost them. He's been great otherwise, over both games - but, I guess, that's a goalkeeper's burden... :/

Dumbenech HAS RUINED LES BLEUS! He is going to get it tomorrow in the press, if his not getting it now already. 2-0 Mexico?? Sorry I don't mean to disrespect Mexico but what a damn JOKE for France. I will not be surprised if Bafana Bafana beat them and I actually hope they do. Laurent Blanc will take over as coach but they (the FFF) have themselves to blame for letting it go on for this long with Raymond.

Seriously what the hell has happened to the french!! Shocking display of football :ninja:

Domenech let it drift and drift until it was too late, just like in the group opener against Uruguay. He didn't even try to change the system, despite the team getting progressively worse as the game went on. Quite remarkable that they're still in with a chance of qualifying for the knockout stages.

I hope Mexico go far, they're a terrific side to watch. :yes:

The Argentina match was fun to watch :hehe:

^The last 30 minutes were lots of fun - but that first 15 of the second-half were stupidly tense... You can forget, when you're often watching just for the enjoyment of the game, how uncomfortable it can be when it's your bloody team. :pinch:

The introduction of Aguero seemed to kick Argentina into life again. Diego's squad has some serious strength in depth - completely sickening! :persuazn:

Not just on the squad, you could make a pretty good starting eleven just out of all the talented players he left at home!
^Indeed - some positions a better starting eleven too! Zanetti would never have allowed that Korean goal... <_< :hehe:

And didn't France do much the same thing last time around - and then miraculously (and undeservedly) make it all the way to the final?

^Well I don't understand why should be Adriano and Ronaldinho at WC? They are not anymore what they were and they haven't shown nothing through all the season. They're just well known footballers. And that doesn't guarantee them place in the team. Maybe on the bench.

Whenever a high profile player gets left out of an international squad, you can usually chalk it up to one of two things - either the coach doubts them for some reason (be it fitness, experience or commitment to the cause) or they simply don't fit in to the style that he wants the team to play. For example, Brazil are tactically cautious and very rigid this year. With the possible exception of Robinho, who has something approaching a free reign, every player in the team has strict defensive duties. Adding Ronaldinho (who isn't the most tactically disciplined, despite being a tremendous individual player over the years) to the mix could put too much workload on the more defensively-minded players.

The biggest World Cup shock yet - a German player misses a penalty! :shock: