Bellazon

FIFA World Cup 2010

Jade**

Japan vs. Cameroon

:shock:

Horrible... both teams sucked bad

Best thing about Cameroon these days is Rigobert Song's new image. I didn't expect them to look so poor. No movement or desire and their best striker inexplicably playing right midfield for 85 minutes... Le Guen for England!

In other news, Steven Gerrard says all the England players are behind Rob Green. Judging by the events of Saturday night, it's probably the best place to stand. :cain:

Ivory Coast-Portugal was dire as well. With both teams still to face Brazil, I thought they'd be going all out to win. At this rate, the group runners-up will be whoever beats North Korea by the most goals. Dull, dull dull. :no:

Hopefully, this World Cup is going to liven up soon. <_< Well done to New Zealand though, a great point for them.

Too few goals so far. Too many dull matches. The best so far? Argentina against Nigeria. Best goal? Gabriel Heinze's header, hands down.

Gonna watch Brazil now... I think the score will be around 4:0 or something.

Go Korea! :ninja:

Seriously, is this Brazil playing? BRAZIL?!?!

It looks like Brazil is as "good" as Polish team playing against whoever today, and by this comparison I mean VERY weak performance as I am NEVER supportive of my team :ninja:

^"Plucky" is such a patronising term when applied to sports - and I'm loathe to use it... But those North Koreans provided a massively entertaining game today. :yes: How refreshing (particularly after Côte d'Ivoire/Portugal) not to see players writhing around in mock agony each minute after every contentious tackle. I mean, we only had about 5 seconds of added-on time in the first half due to the lack of such histrionics!

Don't know if they'll be able to keep that impetus up, but that group doesn't seem like quite such a done deal anymore. I suspect, however, back in Pyongyang (and with some careful editing) that their famous 1-0 win over Brasil will be justly celebrated!!!

I suspect, however, back in Pyongyang (and with some careful editing) that their famous 1-0 win over Brasil will be justly celebrated!!!

They could always take inspiration from this fine publication... :blink:

zitw.jpg

All credit to North Korea, though. Great to see an unknown team of hard working, enthusiastic players (only three of whom are even professionals) give one of the top teams a fright. They played their hearts out and defended magnificently. :yes:

All credit to North Korea, though. Great to see an unknown team of hard working, enthusiastic players (only three of whom are even professionals) give one of the top teams a fright. They played their hearts out and defended magnificently. :yes:

OMG at the cover noexpression.gif :nicole:

Well, I guess they are kinda "forced" to be so hard-working.... or maybe motivated to be. The only time North Korea was in World Cup was in 1966, and after they lost the match to Portugal (3-2 if I remember well) the whole team was send to a "labour camp" :/ so if they fail hard this time, I guess they will share the same fate :(

If Brazil keeps playing like this, they won't even reach the quarter-finals.

Seriously, yesterday's match was a disaster. Obviously, the Brazilians didn't want to bother playing real football and decided to win by as few goals as they can. At least the goals were nice - especially Maicon's shot from a null angle, that was really something! But otherwise, Brazil just failed. I even thought I was watching Italians dressed up as Canarinhos. Terrible.

Now I'm definitely going to support the Koreans in their match against Portugal :D

^ Prediction: Portugal 3-2 North Korea :whistle:

In other news, Steven Gerrard says all the England players are behind Rob Green. Judging by the events of Saturday night, it's probably the best place to stand. :cain:

:rofl: :rofl:

It seems I might've been the only one to enjoy the Cote d'Ivoire vs Portugal game. Certainly not the best game of football, granted, but tactically interesting given the both manager's worst-possible-situation assumptions. Those assumptions have been thrown out the door now and it'll be fun to watch how Portugal and Cote d'Ivoire play the North Koreans. (Note to self: Keep an eye on Coentrao!).

Some people seem surprised Brasil play such defensive football; they have been playing like this since Dunga has been manager. You won't see any Joga Bonito this World Cup, especially with Dunga at the helm, so don't hold your breath. What you will see is a tactically disciplined and clinical side with the best chance of winning the World Cup (yes, even more so than Espana and their painfully beautiful laissez faire tiki taka).

I don't think this World Cup has been a great advertisement for football and the ball doesn't seem to help (neither do those damn vuvu...BZZZZZZBZBZBZBZBZBZZZZZZZZZBBBBBZZZZZZZZZ :mad:), but I can't remember a World Cup with such tactical variety - not that I have watched too many :blush:

</pretentiousneBZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZZBZZZZZZZZZ>

^Opening rounds are always a little cagey (age-old adage that, whatever else happens, you just don't want to lose that first game) - but it does seem 'wider open' than we were led to believe... (Cue aching predictability from here-on in! :pinch: )

Anyway, I just wanted to suggest - to get into the whole South African spirit - that you open this: http://www.vuvuzela.fm/ whenever you come to this thread... :gocho:

^ yeah it's too bad, i was expecting more from SA :no: They just seemed so rattled after the first Goal.

What the hell happened to Spain? Damn shame :(

I wouldn't worry to much. Spain are still more then likely to go thru. And if Brasil finish top it will be Spain V Brasil, Quite a mouth watering prospect. :p The only thing that Spain have to worry about is they actually played rather well and still got nothing for it :ninja: