Bellazon

VS vs. SI Ultimate Showdown

Joe > Average

Beauty: Michelle. I don;t like Lara's face at all. I just can't understand how people can find her pretty :ninja:

That's probably because a lot of fashion fans appreciate things in fashion that most people don't care much for in real life :) .

I personally love Lara's face because she has gorgeous cheekbones, a really strong brow, sharp jawline and she has this very sexy wild cave woman look. Most normal 'pretty' girls, are a dime a dozen and are easily forgotten. Lara's look is unique and that (apart from just being sexy in my humble opinion) is worth loving in my book.

Of course, there are plenty of 'interesting' looking girls I wouldn't find attractive in a million years, but Lara really does something for me.

:flower:

2rnh7xt.jpg

I'm def a fan too, though to me I can see someone like Gemma Ward or Masha Tyelna moreso for unique. As for Lara's look vs. the "regular", I like both types, though I must admit (don't hate me guys :blush: ) I don't find the edgy look or her type of look any harder to find than the "normal" pretty though :idk::ninja: . To me both are a "dime a dozen", but it boils down to how you use what you have :) .

I'm def a fan too, though to me I can see someone like Gemma Ward or Masha Tyelna moreso for unique. As for Lara's look vs. the "regular", I like both types, though I must admit (don't hate me guys :blush: ) I don't find the edgy look or her type of look any harder to find than the "normal" pretty though :idk::ninja: . To me both are a "dime a dozen", but it boils down to how you use what you have :) .

Really? I think it just seems that way (in my perspective) because we're in this whole photography/modeling world and we see it often enough, but if you walk down the street it's not everyday you encounter girls like Lara, Sasha P., Gemma, Snejana, and the like.

I don't find this face common at all. :wub:

ckyr0701.th.jpg

I walk down the street a lot :laugh: ! I just said that because I couldn't resist, but that's a great point that model fans do have a way of not separating common in modeling from common in real life at times. I've only really been into models for about two or three years though so I'm not that detatched :laugh: .

But its also relative to surroundings and experiences too of course (and interrestingly enough the one that brought it up is from the same place as her). But different things are more or less rare in different places. In some places just having a flat stomach or being fit makes you above average whereas in some not having a flat stomach would make you unique ect. Some places being tall for a woman is above average and others tall is average ect. ect. Some places most women have high cheekbones other places low ect. But that said, you've opened the door for me to say something I've been waiting for an excuse to say, not to you specifically, but just wanted to throw it out there.

Uniqueness? by Joe > Average

Intro

And my question is this. Does "more unique" really constitute "better" or "more beautiful" and if it does, would it have

to be true in all cases to be a viable forumula? That's not to say I don't prefer more unique and find it more interresting because I do.

My Friends

But for example, one of my best friends (who is blonde), part of his theory for blonde being the superior hair color is that its more uniqe than black and brown. So (being the guy that I am) can't reisist to say, "but...red is more rare than blonde..." And he just says in so many words that "blonde is better anyway" or "is premature grey better than blonde then?" I'll say, "well...yes actually and so is red 0.o"

Anyway, you can see how that conversation goes.

I have one female friend that says Ds (breasts) are better because there are less [toned] women with them and another female friend of mine argues As are better because they're easier on the back and easier to run with. Both valid enough to me. Though I said to the D one that Ms are more rare than D why don't you say those are the best? She says because they're too much. The real answer is neither wants to say its better because that's what they have just like the blonde fan doesn't want to say just because he likes it more. And as you already pointed out I know for every unique face we like, there's one even more unique that we don't like. So I have to wonder how strong is the theory if its so selective? Not that I don't ask myself the same.

Questions for Unique Feature Theory

And then for every unique feature one may like there's likely one just as or more unique we don't like so much, so how do we quantify one as being

better one the grounds of uniqueness? For example, Alessandra's long torso/short leg combo or Seleita's short torso long leg combo is more unique

than Gisele's long torso and long legs, does that make theirs better? Maybe, maybe not, most would say not but its more unique as is a unibrow. Most people hate unibrows, I like them actually. Most people don't have Adriana's sharp teeth or Tyra's forehead, some say it enhances their looks, some say it deducts...some indifferent...Petra may be more unique if she were born with big bushy brows or no brows and a few gaps in her teeth and I guess she would, but would she be improved? Some would say yes, most would say no, but both valid in their own way.

All in all...

As I said, I like both so naturally don't have a problem with someone picking one or the other. Where I'm going is, the concept of validating one

something being better than the other something on the grounds of percieved rarity or uniqueness I assume comes from the idea that it adds more weight or relevance to the idea than saying, "it or this is better because I like it more or prefer it". Because at face value that sounds more bias and self-important than the other. But I'll submit that unique feature theory isn't a crime by any means, but the other is not only just as good but better and its probably what most of us really think deep down inside anyway and there's no shame in that any more than saying one smell of Mignonette is better than the Sweet Violet or Rose or vise versa because we like it more and so on. What is uniqueness as a case if it wavers so and even if it didn't what really makes such an intangible thing as beauty relavance more than "because I like it?".

:) :ninja:

Oh, of course Jennks :hug: :) .

:rofl: @ Rox :rofl::ninja: About 4 minutes :ninja: . Actually it takes me longer to shorten these posts than it does to make them :ninja: .

Welcome and thanks Rox, Michael*, vanessaaa, Chocolate, dizzy and Jennka. I hate that I lost the rest of the pics :ninja: and that it wasn't better organized in general :ninja: , but glad you enjoyed and thanks for sharing :grouphug: .