Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Martha rose up fast? She's been working with VS for years, while Taylor, Kate and Romee secured their Angel status in 6 months.

I wouldn't really would say that about taylor she was 16years old when she started modeling for them. it was for pink, & pajamas. she's 19.

Martha rose up fast? She's been working with VS for years, while Taylor, Kate and Romee secured their Angel status in 6 months.

To be fair, I thought Karlie worked as long as Martha before she got her wings? It's not the probational period that I care, but more like Martha doesn't have anything going on for her. From her looks to her body, to her poses and runway walk, she's just so meh. Before she became friends with Taylor, she wasn't that famous, when she got together with Taylor and Karlie, boom, suddenly she's like a celeb.

No hatin, just feeling that if some thought giving her a test of two years was sufficient, apparently she didn't meet any of the goals while working for VS for the past two years. And of all people that you mentioned, Taylor, Kate, Romee, I felt that Kate and Romee were good choices because they had pretty distinctive features and faces.

You know I was complaining about Stella, Taylor and Martha, so I don't have to explain about Taylor.. It just seemed to me that VS tried so hard to expand their pool of models through various races, ethnicity, or different country. Clearly, Stella, Taylor and Martha weren't the ones they needed.. yet imho.

Is it just me, or is anyone else unhappy about Taylor Hill, Martha Hunt AND MOSTLY, Stella Maxwell who shouldn't be joining the ranks of VS Angels at all? I thought some choices were pretty good though, like Kate G and Romee even though maybe they could have gone for another year of fashion walk before being considered. But I had feeling when I saw Kate G in Angel Ball that VS had their eyes on her.

I don't think Taylor and Stella should be considered at all. Their walks and poses last year were so horrible, like wtf, why Stella? They both have so much ahead of them and VS is giving them contracts instead of giving to models like Sui He, Joan, Constance, Cindy or Ming Xi.

If VS wanted to include diversity, couldn't they recruit Ming for Pink and Sui for angels? Ming Xi has so much energy for PINK and classic runway I believe and Sui's got the classic beauty to balance out all the bombshell looks... Oh the butthurts :'(.

But yeah, I don't like Stella, Martha or Taylor for an angel. Martha felt like she got the celebrity treatment and just rose up to the ranks of an angel asap.

I am someone that is very happy for Martha.  I love her.  I think she is beautiful.  I really do not have a problem with any of the ten of them... BUT, I would have loved Josephine, Kelly Gale, Shanina Shaik, and Vita Sidorkina as well.   

No one forgot Marloes. It's just that no one thought she was a contender.

So cruel yet so true :rofl:

Y'all keep bringing names of girls who clearly never stood a chance :rofl: if anything the ONLY woman we should be surprised because she wasn't included is Josephine but I said this already a couple of months ago and i'll say it again: The fact that VS has never asked her to do a commercial says a lot already. She has been with them long enough and she still gets zero commercials and one outfit in Pink. Sucks for Jojo tho, i like her a lot.

Also saying Martha was too fast wtf? O.o if anything after Lais and Elsa she is the one who has worked the hardest for VS the last two years.

I wouldn't really would say that about taylor she was 16years old when she started modeling for them. it was for pink, & pajamas. she's 19.

The point still stands. It isn't as if Taylor was shooting solidly with them for 3 years- she had a handful of sporadic shoots, and VS really show much interest in her until after this VSFS. (Although I'm sure a good part of that was waiting for her to turn 18.) Martha has worked consistently for VS for two years, and featured in most of their major campaigns and projects. You don't have to like her, but you can't claim she got a fast track because of her celebrity. 

Meh why not, I decided to just post the entire quick intro bit they had on Yahoo here :D

- Meet the 10 New Victoria's Secret Angels -
BY: Lauren TuckNews Editor

post-21861-0-1446078488-6649_thumb.jpg
1 / 10
Jac Jagaciak
Jac Jagaciak might have started her career by accidentally falling on the Hervé Léger runway, but she's picked herself up. The Polish 21-year-old has since walked in some of the most prestigous runways including Prada and Calvin Klein. And now has something else to add to her growing résumé!

post-21861-0-1446078488-67026_thumb.jpg
2 / 10
Lais Ribeiro
Already a star in her native country—she's booked a record number of shows at São Paulo Fashion Week—Lais Ribiero's promotion puts her on the international scene. The 24-year-old joins current crop of fellow Brazilian Angels Alessandra Ambrosio and Adriana Lima.

post-21861-0-1446078488-69348_thumb.jpg
3 / 10
Taylor Hill
Taylor Hill's come a long way in a short amount of time. Hailing from Colorado, she was discovered at the barn where she would ride horses. The new Victoria's Secret recruit—the most recent fashion show was her first job with the lingerie company—Hill is only 19, but she's already had more than her fair share of jobs, including walking runways for Alexander Wang, Armani, and more.

post-21861-0-1446078488-70114_thumb.jpg
4 / 10
Stella Maxwell
What's better: being friends with Miley Cyrus or serving as a VS Angel? Stella Maxwell, who became friends with the "Bangers" singer through Instagram, is the only one who can answer that conundrum. "So unbelievably happy to be part of this amazing family," she shared of the appointment on Instagram with her nearly half a million followers.

post-21861-0-1446078488-72166_thumb.jpg
5 / 10
Jasmine Tookes
Working with Victoria's Secret since 2012, Tookes has also walked in runways for Tom Ford, Miu Miu, and Versace. The California girl, whose mother is a celebrity stylist, got her start as an Abercrombie & Fitch model in a Bruce Weber lensed campaign (before abs were banned!).

post-21861-0-1446078488-72945_thumb.jpg
6 / 10
Elsa Hosk
At 26, Elsa Hosk has already walked in four Victoria's Secret fashion shows, but none were as memorable as when she made runway roadkill out of Arianna Grande last year. Hosk has also appeared in the brand's swim special, and is on the cover of the company's latest catalog. She's served as a brand ambassador for VS’s younger category, Pink, but with this promotion comes great responsibility. Let's hope she uses her bigger wings carefully.

post-21861-0-1446078488-73663_thumb.jpg
7 / 10
Romee Strijd
Romee Strijd only joined Victoria's Secret in 2014, but has already been tapped as an Angel. At 19, the Dutch model has appeared in top magazines and walked in the best runway shows.

post-21861-0-1446078488-79763_thumb.jpg
8 / 10
Martha Hunt
Already part of Taylor Swift's posse—which includes Karlie Kloss, Lily Aldridge, Gigi Hadid, and more—Martha Hunt was practically guaranteed the position. Discovered in her native North Carolina, the 26-year-old has walked in fashion shows for Prada, Dolce & Gabbana, and more.

post-21861-0-1446078488-81174_thumb.jpg
9 / 10
Sara Sampaio
From Carl's Jr. burger commercials to Victoria's Secret, this Portuguese 23-year-old is on the road to superstardom. Not only is she already in the same ranks as Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian as a burger girl, but now she also joins Gisele, Tyra Banks, and others as well.

post-21861-0-1446078488-84464_thumb.jpg
10 / 10

Kate Grigorieva
The Russian 25-year-old (who's known professionally as Kate Grigorieva but her given name is Ekaterina Sergeevna Grigorieva), was the runner-up on the Russian version of America's Next Top Model, which led to her being signed by the same modeling agency as Irina Shayk, who happened to host the show that season. A former Miss Russia contestant, she made her Victoria's Secret debut in 2014.

At 26, Elsa Hosk has already walked in four Victoria's Secret fashion shows, but none were as memorable as when she made runway roadkill out of Arianna Grande last year. Hosk has also appeared in the brand's swim special, and is on the cover of the company's latest catalog. She's served as a brand ambassador for VS’s younger category, Pink, but with this promotion comes great responsibility. Let's hope she uses her bigger wings carefully.

She's never going to live that down. :rofl:

Taylor had an interview with Vogue that suggested she had been signed around the time of Milan/Paris fashion weeks, so around the end of February? I assumed contract negotiations started shortly after the show and they waited until things with all the girls were finalized before announcing them. 

Martha doesn't have the WOW factor, there I said it. Even when she worked hard or that someone defended her when I mentioned she got fast tracked... I don't specifically hate on her, VS can promote her all they want, I just don't think she was Angel material no. They could still give her camera time and let her host some funny VS promotional tv programs but that's all I'll take of her. Of course, no matter what we say, she is an angel now. I'll just ignore her presence when I see her on VSFS 2015.

There is no doubt that her friendship with Taylor gave her image a boost (to put in a nice way). It was only when she was friends with Taylor that the rest of world, other than VS and Martha Hunt fanbase started paying attention to her, amirite? Besides, compare her with the rest of the angel cast.. one can wonder what makes Martha stand out?

Taylor had an interview with Vogue that suggested she had been signed around the time of Milan/Paris fashion weeks, so around the end of February? I assumed contract negotiations started shortly after the show and they waited until things with all the girls were finalized before announcing them. 

That matches up with Sara's tweet about "big things coming" and "dreams coming true" so they didn't waste much time getting this all together. 

"The ladies learned about their promotions in February, and have struggled keeping it a secret until Tuesday’s big revelation."

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/fashion/victoria-secret-adding-10-new-angels-article-1.2201941

February :nicole:  that must have thought about this since January.

The only pictures of VS Kate had then were two Swimsuit photos for VS and Fashion Show wakakaka.

I think both Ed and John really like her. Her first fashion show opening Donna Karan, cast by John. Ed always comment on her instagram posts.

I'm probably one of the only few who love Stella and Martha so I think they're great for the brand. They're wonderful in catalog and commercials and are great on runway so I am pumped to see more of them. Sara was a surprise but welcomed for me. Her and Elsa out of the bunch have the real potential to be the next big VS girls.