Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Martha doesn't have the WOW factor, there I said it. Even when she worked hard or that someone defended her when I mentioned she got fast tracked... I don't specifically hate on her, VS can promote her all they want, I just don't think she was Angel material no. They could still give her camera time and let her host some funny VS promotional tv programs but that's all I'll take of her. Of course, no matter what we say, she is an angel now. I'll just ignore her presence when I see her on VSFS 2015.

There is no doubt that her friendship with Taylor gave her image a boost (to put in a nice way). It was only when she was friends with Taylor that the rest of world, other than VS and Martha Hunt fanbase started paying attention to her, amirite? Besides, compare her with the rest of the angel cast.. one can wonder what makes Martha stand out?

Who the hell cares who she's friends with? Martha was getting plenty of work before that friendship came along and just because she is friends with a celeb does not mean she wasn't still working hard in modeling world. Are we supposed to hate her for having a friend that's famous? VS was already working with her and pushing her hard for quite awhile before her friendship with Taylor was a thing.

I've seriously never understood the hate toward models who have connections. Modeling is a job. And like any other job, there are people who get boosts because they know the right people. Why is this such a foreign concept with modeling? 

Martha doesn't have the WOW factor, there I said it. Even when she worked hard or that someone defended her when I mentioned she got fast tracked... I don't specifically hate on her, VS can promote her all they want, I just don't think she was Angel material no. They could still give her camera time and let her host some funny VS promotional tv programs but that's all I'll take of her. Of course, no matter what we say, she is an angel now. I'll just ignore her presence when I see her on VSFS 2015.

There is no doubt that her friendship with Taylor gave her image a boost (to put in a nice way). It was only when she was friends with Taylor that the rest of world, other than VS and Martha Hunt fanbase started paying attention to her, amirite? Besides, compare her with the rest of the angel cast.. one can wonder what makes Martha stand out?

Who the hell cares who she's friends with? Martha was getting plenty of work before that friendship came along and just because she is friends with a celeb does not mean she wasn't still working hard in modeling world. Are we supposed to hate her for having a friend that's famous? VS was already working with her and pushing her hard for quite awhile before her friendship with Taylor was a thing.

I've seriously never understood the hate toward models who have connections. Modeling is a job. And like any other job, there are people who get boosts because they know the right people. Why is this such a foreign concept with modeling? 

Whoa, aren't we jumping on the hate word way too soon :/. I should make it clear that if there's any angel that I don't like the most, it's Stella Maxwell. I haven't even begun to use the hate word yet. Yeah sure, I might have spoke too much of Martha but its Stella I don't like the most in the angel cast followed by Taylor and then only Martha.

If there's any thing I learned from the VSFS 2014, it's that connections matter, yes. No one's hating on Martha for being friends with Taylor, I'm just pointing out the fact that she got a boost from her friendship with Taylor, and it really helped her. Similar to Karlie Kloss, VS liked her but her spotlight was really noticeable when she had a friendship with Taylor. You can't help but to point things out like that.

Other people mentioned Martha worked as hard, but there are models who worked as hard, hoping for VS to spot them too. I don't see a difference in a model who walks the VS runway vs. a model who does VS photo shots. Just because Martha walked and shot in VS photo does not mean she worked hard, I see it as her luck and her big shot that she got noticed before she transitioned in to an angel. And then in VSFS 2014 thread, we had people talking about model looks and faces, barely anyone talked about Martha. She wasn't good and she wasn't bad either, she was just in the middle. Her walks and runway poses weren't that "Wow" anyway. 

Don't get me wrong, I liked her back in 2013. But 2014's fashion show came in and she didn't deliver as well as I expected so my impression of her dropped.

These are just some things that I heavily disagree to

• Martha deserves an angel status because she worked hard (give other angels a chance to work for VS then maybe it'll be a much more fair judgment)
  • Martha did not become an angel because of her friendship with Swift (But it gave her image a boost, you can never deny that. The papers started mentioning Martha's name when she got close with Taylor. Before that, photos of Martha were just captioned "A model" )
  • I hate Martha (Don't hate her, just don't like her)

And like I said, since Martha is an angel anyway, whatever we say won't change that, but let's look at what makes Martha a qualified angel. My arguments and thoughts are stated in my replies. Because as far as I learned, anything that makes Martha, Stella, Taylor an angel doesn't qualify as an angel. Moving on, I like the inclusion of Romee, Lais, Sara, Jasmine, Kate G to lineup of angels though.

Just wanted to reemphasize on one thing, I don't HATE Martha Hunt.

I honestly don't give a flying fuck about what degree of dislike you have for Martha, and I'm not sure why you got so worked up over one word when it's completely irrelevant to the overall points.

VS was pushing Martha hard, way before her friendship with Taylor was a thing, and people were predicting her being an Angel long before that also. I'm not saying the friendship played no part in their choice to finally Angelify her, because VS loves having girls with celeb friends/hubbies/whatev. But to act like that's the biggest factor is nonsense. Plenty of people love Martha, and it has nothing to do with her friends. And I haven't seen you mention any strong evidence of why she shouldn't be an Angel; the main point just seems to be that you find her boring (or whatever word you want to use; idgaf). And that part is fine, but your other points are just BS to me. 

Okay, I'm done debating over it now.

I just watched 2 ABC morning news programs and the only 3 girls they mentioned getting Angel status were Jasmine, Taylor and Martha.  Because they are the new Americans and it's not practical (cringe worthy) to name all 10.  They just showed a couple of pics and said a couple of things about each.

I just watched 2 ABC morning news programs and the only 3 girls they mentioned getting Angel status were Jasmine, Taylor and Martha.  Because they are the new Americans and it's not practical (cringe worthy) to name all 10.  They just showed a couple of pics and said a couple of things about each.

Well that's really shameful. Really...

I just watched 2 ABC morning news programs and the only 3 girls they mentioned getting Angel status were Jasmine, Taylor and Martha.  Because they are the new Americans and it's not practical (cringe worthy) to name all 10. 

I can't really blame them. Imho it would have made much more sense to introduce Lais, Matha and Elsa during the last Fashion Show or even before that and then add a handful of girls this year.

I already thought that adding Erin, Lindsay, Candice, Chanel and Lily in such a short time a couple of years ago was a bit too much, but 10 new Angels is just ridiculous.

^ I agree. The sheer number of girls they signed and announced at once makes it easy for everything to get jumbled and people left out of the press/media. I thought they'd announce 4 or 5 max before VSFS and then another handful sometime next year.

It's already started to backfire.

What the hell were they thinking?

I'm probably one of the only few who love Stella and Martha so I think they're great for the brand. They're wonderful in catalog and commercials and are great on runway so I am pumped to see more of them. Sara was a surprise but welcomed for me. Her and Elsa out of the bunch have the real potential to be the next big VS girls.

I like Stella. This is one of the reasons:

post-3761-0-1446078494-95153_thumb.jpg

And I´m slowly falling for Martha, there is just something about her, especially after seeing her last photoshoot for Solid & Striped:

http://www.fashiongonerogue.com/martha-hunt-swimsuits-solid-striped-2015-summer/

IS VS really worth so much airtime on cable With everything thats happening?? 4000+ dead in earthquakes, so I wouldnt blame NBC  if news out of VS wasnt their top priority :idk:

Entertainment > real life news.

It's always been like that.

This world around us is preoccupied with celebrity weddings and videos of cats. - Kingpin

Yea but lingerie models arent exactly JOLIEs of the celebrity world

Doesn't matter, it all adds up. As long as you keep people's focus away from the important issues.

---

Let's say news segment on the VS has a 3 minute slot. In those 3 minutes they used to have to mention 4-5 girls and now it's 15!

PR nightmare.