Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

I get your point. Maybe that´s the thing, yes. And I didn´t mean anything bad about the girls thing :) I think they are all wonderful, but I miss the Woman there. You know what I mean ;)

Someone with a strong and powerful personality. Marisa was just about to be like that and they stopped using her. But I´m not complaining, just thinking :)

yeah i know, to large extent i agree with you :)

Still have something in mind. We all know that, but - I´m wondering why VS won´t contract some big names (I know supermodel era is over, but still) that people would actually WANT to meet?

Like who? The models the public wants to meet are the models VS makes famous themselves. :laugh:

Not necessarily. Some of them were made famous by SI. :whistle:

Saying they look like girls as opposed to women is slightly harsh imo, however i kinda see what you're getting at. I think VS might be going for the girl next door look instead of supermodel look cuz the genreal public can relate to that look more then anything else and that in return will generate more interest in the brand VS. Therefore creating more sales...i dunno it's just a theory :ninja:
Ahem. Miranda, Erin, Lindsay, Chanel, Behati... all hit the pedo button pretty hard IMO. Laetitia and Gisele both were 20 when contracted as Angels, yet they didn't look that kind of young. With the arrival of the PINK line, VS really changed its target, but it's a quite smart move, teens are who lingerie brands should market to.

They better have something up their sleeve for Alessandra. I mean c'mon some people might not like the girl but you CAN'T deny she definitely deserves something after 10 years.

My dream cast for the ANGELS and why... (One can dream no? Hell, I was only gonna have 5 but Looking at it I'll make it 10, why not.)

Alessandra Ambrosio

-There's not much to say about this one, it's pretty self explanatory, she fills out the classic beauty spot and she has this really fun upbeat personality.

Adriana Lima

-Not much to say about this one either, to the general public she's the exotic looking beauty, very mysterious.

Marissa Miller

-Say what you want about her but the girl can sell those bras, she has a great rack and she's a GREAT spokeswoman for the brand in interviews and the general public knows who she is.

Bar Rafaeli

-Same as Marissa, I haven't really listened to her interviews but she can sell those bras and adds in as another hot blonde that the general public knows.

Selita Ebanks

-I know what you're thinking but they need diversity, to the general public she's the most famous African-American model and the urban community knows who she is, so why not?

Miranda Kerr

-Self explanatory, she's a mini celeb.

Candice Swanepoel

-Another hot blonde, and she fits what VS is all about. Pair her with a bigger name so people will get to know her more and so she gets bigger and bigger, she reminds me of a blond version of Adriana.

Rosie

-Transformers 3, she'll be huge.

Karolina Kurkova

-Self Explaintory, she could mix VS with a movie career, she's a great spokes model as well.

Izabel Goulart

-I loved her as an angel, I would add her in for the angels as well but I don't think there would be enough room and she's not that big, they could push her like Candice, she has a very coquettish attitude that comes naturally.

So in total...

4 Brunettes.. (Ale, Adri, Selita and Iza)

4 Blondes... (Marissa, Bar, Candice, KK)

2 Light Brown/In between (Miranda, Rosie)

We cover the...

All American type of Blonde (Marissa, Bar)

The European type of blonde (Candice, Karolina)

Latina (Alessandra, Adriana, Iza)

African American (Selita)

Miranda and Rosie can go different ways which is great.

(We need to find and Asian VS model!!)

For the fashion show I would love...

- Isabeli Fontana

- Carmen Kass

- Caroline Winberg

- Julia Stegner

- Ana BB

- Oluchi Onwegba

- Doutzen Kores

- Marija Vujovic

- Erin Watson

- Maryna Linchuk

- Angela Lindvall

- Emmanuela De La Paula

- Neomie Leonoir

Disagree with a lot of those stereotypes, but hey, it's personal opinion :|

I was going to post a major ethinicity/race/stereo-type thing-y but I figuered I shouldn't... because It would be a waste of time. :ninja::laugh:

I was too :laugh: Ill just say that Selita is not ethnically African American but West Indian.

Still have something in mind. We all know that, but - I´m wondering why VS won´t contract some big names (I know supermodel era is over, but still) that people would actually WANT to meet?

Like who? The models the public wants to meet are the models VS makes famous themselves. :laugh:

Siemgi is right, some VS models were made popular thanks to SI ;)

I was talking about models like Gisele, Naomi, Heidi, Tyra. They were "someone". Or Marisa (SI), even Ale is getting more famous thanks to her work outside VS.

Talking about that, I can´t recall any nowadays "super" names :idk: any help?

They better have something up their sleeve for Alessandra. I mean c'mon some people might not like the girl but you CAN'T deny she definitely deserves something after 10 years.

I totally disagree with these. VS doesn't have to do sh*t for Ale. It seems Ale is more interested in "trying" to become more high fashion then actually do any VS work. If shes not in the commercial I really doubt its b/c they didn't want her in it. She might of gotten to busy for them and that would be her choice so shes sh*t out of luck. I think the only time they do something special for an Angel is when she's leaving VS (Tyra) or if your Heidi Klum. I don't remember any other VS mode getting special treatment for anything.