Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Regardless of the reason WHY they chose a British theme, the fact they chose Candice for a British/Royal theme in MY OPINION is because she has the most closely British roots than any of the other current angels as I SEE IT even though I know she isn't from the UK.

^I guess then you mean other than Lily Aldridge whose father is British?

Mind you, by your rationale Karlie, Erin, Behati and Lindsay are just as eligible - all hailing from 'colonies'.  :idk:

Regardless of the reason WHY they chose a British theme, the fact they chose Candice for a British/Royal theme in MY OPINION is because she has the most closely British roots than any of the other current angels as I SEE IT even though I know she isn't from the UK.

^I guess then you mean other than Lily Aldridge whose father is British?

Mind you, by your rationale Karlie, Erin, Behati and Lindsay are just as eligible - all hailing from 'colonies'.  :idk:

Yeah. Behati or Candice. Even the Americans. But putting an American as the focale point (fantasy bra) is more of an insult than using a SAfrican. IN MY OPINION.

Edit: Between Behati and Candice the clear choice was Candice. Jeez I should just start tagging IN MY OPINION in between words now.

It is fucking insulting to call everyone down here Spanish. You need to be pretty damn dumb and have zero knowledge of culture.

That must be only SAmerica b/c none of the Hispanics in the carribean would get offended about a simple historical fact. Damn if you're own roots offend you that's pretty fucking sad. Grow a pair and be proud of yourself.

No wonder you're such a baby.

Hispanic (Spanish: hispano, hispánico; Portuguese: hispânico, hispano, Catalan: hispà, hispànic)[1][2] is an ethnonym that denotes a relationship to Spain or, in some definitions, to ancient Hispania, which comprised the Iberian Peninsula including the modern states of Andorra, Portugal, and Spain and the British Crown Dependency of Gibraltar.[3][4][5] Today, organizations in the United States use the term as a broad catchall to refer to persons with a historical and cultural relationship either with Spain and Portugal or only with Spain, regardless of race.[6][7] However, in the eyes of the US Census Bureau, Hispanics or Latinos can be of any race, any ancestry, any ethnicity, or any country of origin.[8]

It's not about being offended by historical facts. 

And saying Hispanic is not the same as saying Spanish. We are not Spanish here. Even if we were a colony, that doesn't make us spanish. That is like saying we're all just the same thing in the whole continent. Which, of course, is not the case.

Being part of an old empire doesn't still makes us part of it. Under that logic we could say we're all Roman... 

It is fucking insulting to call everyone down here Spanish. You need to be pretty damn dumb and have zero knowledge of culture.

That must be only SAmerica b/c none of the Hispanics in the carribean would get offended about a simple historical fact. Damn if you're own roots offend you that's pretty fucking sad. Grow a pair and be proud of yourself.

Hispanic (Spanish: hispano, hispánico; Portuguese: hispânico, hispano, Catalan: hispà, hispànic)[1][2] is an ethnonym that denotes a relationship to Spain or, in some definitions, to ancient Hispania, which comprised the Iberian Peninsula including the modern states of Andorra, Portugal, and Spain and the British Crown Dependency of Gibraltar.[3][4][5] Today, organizations in the United States use the term as a broad catchall to refer to persons with a historical and cultural relationship either with Spain and Portugal or only with Spain, regardless of race.[6][7] However, in the eyes of the US Census Bureau, Hispanics or Latinos can be of any race, any ancestry, any ethnicity, or any country of origin.[8]

And saying Hispanic is not the same as saying Spanish. We are not Spanish here. Even if we were a colony, that doesn't make us spanish. That is like saying we're all just the same thing in the whole continent. Which, of course, is not the case.

Being part of an old empire doesn't still makes us part of it. Under that logic we could say we're all Roman... 

Good point.

Perhaps I should be more specific next time before I cause somebody brain hemorrhaging. I didn't mean Spanish as in being from Spain I meant Hispanic as in having roots from Spain.

Good point.

Perhaps I should be more specific next time before I cause somebody brain hemorrhaging. I didn't mean Spanish as in being from Spain I meant Hispanic as in having roots from Spain.

That being true, we have roots from Spain, that's not the only cultural roots or influence here.

We are as diverse as the US in terms of immigration and different cultures (maybe even more), and each country is at this point very different from one another. Even if we speak the same language.

Good point.

That being true, we have roots from Spain, that's not the only cultural roots or influence here.

We are as diverse as the US in terms of immigration and different cultures (maybe even more), and each country is at this point very different from one another. Even if we speak the same language.

I agree. :yes: I know b/c I'm half Dominican 1/2 American Indian and my Dominican side is super diverse, I just have to look at my family.

Yeah. Behati or Candice. Even the Americans. But putting an American as the focale point (fantasy bra) is more of an insult than using a SAfrican. IN MY OPINION.

^After Big Chief Karlie, Emanuela - Queen Of The Jungle, and the 'Sexy Little Geisha' Hallowe'en costume, I'm not so sure VS is that hot on cultural sensitivity!

^ I am pretty sure Erin is Jewish so she might not count :p

^Oh no - don't go bringing religion into this too! post-11221-0-1446081385-95121_thumb.gif Besides, that's not mutually exclusive...

^After Big Chief Karlie, Emanuela - Queen Of The Jungle, and the 'Sexy Little Geisha' Hallowe'en costume, I'm not so sure VS is that hot on cultural sensitivity!

Hahahaha! Touché Baron, Touché. :surrender:

I love how the bra was allegedly molded for her body but it looks too big for her, guess she had a Miraculous bra on when they were making the mold.

There's so much wrong with the bra, the more I look at it the uglier I see it TBH.

@GATOR -  Sick of it and you wish it never happened? :rofl:

I just can't with all the colors, it's a hot mess. And the white part it's so terrible, what in the fuckity fuck is that supposed to be anyway? And honestly the panties they paired the brad with isn't helping at all either. A+ for effort but F for execution, sorry VS, better luck next time.

I think it's stunning. If you google British Royal Jewels then the distinct color pallette VS chose makes sense:

post-42006-0-1446081387-73898_thumb.jpg

I think they interpreted it nicely. I especially think the straps are gorgeous.

Edit: I think they should've used purple to make it look more royal.