Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Because everyone was shining in 2009, riiiiiight? :neo2:

Adriana has nothing to do with the lack of success from the other girls. Adriana & Alessandra managed to succeed in VS while in Gisele, Tyra & Heidi's shadow until 2006, so it's time for the current basic bitches to do the same or move on from VS like Izabel did. As much as i dislike Candice she's the only one who has managed to become a semi-famous model & now Karlie is doing it too, so blame it on VS for not promoting the girls equally or on the models for not branding themselves well enough.

Because everyone was shining in 2009, riiiiiight? :neo2:

Adriana has nothing to do with the lack of success from the other girls. Adriana & Alessandra managed to succeed in VS while in Gisele, Tyra & Heidi's shadow until 2006, so it's time for the current basic bitches to do the same or move on from VS like Izabel did. As much as i dislike Candice she's the only one who has managed to become a semi-famous model & now Karlie is doing it too, so blame it on VS for not promoting the girls equally or on the models for not branding themselves well enough.

I think it also has to do with the fact that most of theses girls don't have that certain "it factor" needed to be become a really famous/popular models and they lack that certain drive. I mean yeah Candice is the only one out of the new crop of angels to somewhat gain attention and fame but the question is would she even have that if not for VS promoting her like crazy because even she is not as famous/popular as she should be by now. The only current new angel one I can see actually happening is probably Karlie if VS handles her well and she keeps playing her cards right other than that they are all pretty much duds and disposable as angels unlike Adriana, Ale, Gisele, Tyra, and Heidi sad to say.

PS: I always find it funny how VS dissed Kate Upton, saying that she would never walk for them and what not and now she it like 10x more famous/popular that all their current new angels even their precious Candice and is rumored to be getting yet ANOTHER Vogue cover this time U.S in June.

If Kate really gets the cover, that would be HUGE because the last time a model has gotten the cover of American Vogue was in 2011 (Kate Moss) and in 2010 (Gisele). Kate would be in good company. Maybe VS models should start by trying to get their names on Voguepedia. That's also a short list and Kate's name is there...

So the lesson Victoria's Secret should learn is that they are not (anymore) the movers and shakers of the modelling world and after that they should set out to figure out why. Maybe then they could get their new girls on the map.

Recently, I have gained interest in Lily, Erin and Lindsay. Lily has lovely colouring and genuinely sweet personality, Erin also seems far nicer than I initially thought etc. but they need to really branch out of VS because being known only / mainly for VS doesn't seem to cut it.

Ugh I couldn't agree more. While they should be pushing other girls...VS needs to really take a look at themselves and how they appear to the general public.

VS has recently been in the news (and I know any press is good press...but not in these situations) for the racial insensitivity (VS fashion show) and now the whole PINK wants your daughters (which is 100% true, why else would they hire JUSTIN BIEBER to walk in their PINK session? Stupid stupid stupid)...they really need to FIRE their PR and get a holistic reputation. More Miranda and her son photos and VS should sponsor a charity etc etc.

VS is stuck in the 90's & early 00's when they were the icing on the cake for a model ... They still have the same people leading the company (Mitro & Razek), i think VS needs to get some fresh blood, like people who actually understand how the world works these days & who has new good ideas

'Short hair isn't sexy': Victoria's Secret fans upset over Karlie Kloss' blunt 'librarian' bob in latest lingerie campaign

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2306350/Short-hair-isnt-sexy-Victorias-Secret-fans-upset-Karlie-Kloss-blunt-librarian-bob-latest-lingerie-campaign.html#ixzz2Q0XQ4e00

^^^ LOL. Good for Lais. I hope her English has improved .

VS is stuck in the 90's & early 00's when they were the icing on the cake for a model ... They still have the same people leading the company (Mitro & Razek), i think VS needs to get some fresh blood, like people who actually understand how the world works these days & who has new good ideas

Maybe VS models should start by trying to get their names on Voguepedia. That's also a short list and Kate's name is there...

I don't know if this actually has to mean something. :idk:

Adriana's name does not appear there, but Chanel Iman's does... :ninja:

The criteria to get on this list seem rather arbitrary to me, because if they decide according to the number of Vogue appearances, than other models must have been on this list a long time ago. I guess they simply don't maintain this list enough.

I think waiting/wanting for VS to make someone happen is so wrong, I think the model has to work her ass off and reach that level of recognition by her own merits, sure VS can give that push to mass media recogntion but without a great backup whether it be tons of covers, setting trends, media attention, editorials about the model/subject, back to back campaigns, likeability for within the industry from editors or designers, and most of all personality a model may not hit it big. It all just adds up. Some models get the contract of any kind that pays millions a year but forget all about creating the "model brand" for herself which is pretty much created by all I mentioned above.

This is interesting...Kelli Evans -The Art Director for VictoriasSecret posted this photo on the 26 th of Feb to her Instagram account...she called it her "Little inspo board".....and what is interesting is that there are at least two Barbara Palvin photos clearly visible....

kelli_eva Little inspo board #fashion #swipe#lingerie #victoriassecret #inspo #tear

http://instagram.com/p/WN_dvIFWmC/

Here are the 2 pics of Barbara .....

http://favim.com/image/90640/

https://pinterest.com/pin/42784265181870957/

This woman( the very same person who posted that revolting photo of the bra made/designed for little baby girls) used to follow Barbara on Twitter and was always full of praise for her and always said kind ,lovely wonderful things about her( like she was her favourite at the VSFS 2012 etc) but then suddenly the very week that Karlie was made an Official Angel she unfollowed Barbara after a year + and started following Karlie ...it was very strange .....it was also just after her so-called Intimissimi betrayal that this VS girl stopped following her( When Barbara and Intimissimi posted Instagram pics that revealed that Barbara was working with Intimissimi).

Thank God Russell James is still following her !!!!