Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

^ VS has been pushing Candice since 2009 and still no Fantasy Bra for her, if she was to get it then last year was her best shot because Adriana & Ale were MIA yet VS decided to take the risk of waiting for Alessandra instead of giving it to Candice. VS fucked up Adriana first & then Alessandra with the Fantasy Bra over & over & over again, It's Candice turn now. I'm sure it's going to be Adriana again this year, if for some reason is not her then i think it will be Doutzen

As for opening i think it's going to be Karlie or Adriana again. Adriana because well, she opens almost every year & Karlie because other than Adriana i think is the only one who can pull it off. Candice & Alessandra were both horrid :idk:

@Savanna can you PM me the pictures too?

It's not about who has the most openings, it's about VS going for the obvious choice which in this case is Adriana. For example if Gisele was still around she would be opening every show and Adriana would have opened maybe two times or so, but since Gisele is gone Adriana is their go-to girl.

It's the same for the Fantasy Bra, VS is a very predictable company and they were always reusing the same four women: Gisele, Karolina, Heidi & Tyra. It will probably be the same now but with probably with the for older girls: Adriana, Alessandra, Miranda & Doutzen. Think about it, how long took Adriana & Alessandra to get the Fantasy Bra? They were by far the most popular girls in 2007 and still Selita walked away with the Fantasy Bra because she was 'famous' for like three seconds, in 2006 Karolina got it for a second time before Adriana got it the first time. Then she finally gets it but Alessandra still gets no love, Marisa got it in 2009 when everyone thought VS would be kissing Ale's ass, then Adriana again and even Miranda before finally they gave it to Alessandra, again taking the risk of waiting for her to be lingerie ready ASAP instead of giving the bra to their golden child Candice ... Just because she gets a lot of pictures in the catalogue doesn't mean she will get the Fantasy Bra

If we're talking about a model being overdue for the FB Alessandra & Adriana were like a good 5 years overdue each before getting it and now if you think VS gives shit about 'seniority' or even loyalty from the models then Doutzen is due to get the FB this year then instead of Candice. But they don't care about any of that and will give the bra to whoever brings more publicity and that leaves you with Adriana & Miranda for this year and out of the two i think the odds are on Adriana's side ... The shoot should be taking place next month anyway so we should see soon enough

not that long over due, she was made an angel in 2010. The person who is long over due is doutzen. But I don't think VS cares about who is long over due lol, karolina got the bra after two years with VS. Adriana (who was pushed more than karolina) had to wait 8 years. Lord knows they made alessandra wait :(

I'm just saying for how much they use candice..........like have her shoot for pretty much anything VS is involved, etc. Its like "Okay were gonna make you our favorite, we need you in this shoot, and appear here, but were not gonna give you the bra. Thanks for all your work though!" :p

I'd be okay with Erin or Candice getting the bra this year. Karlie could be interesting, but either way I don't care if she does or doesn't.

Adriana doesn't need to get it every time a little person pop's out of her snatch. It's just a baby and a year off of work.

Honestly I'd say girls like Shanina, Elysa, Barbara, Edita, Maryna, Cameron (ect) just fill in every now and then. I don't think they're contracted for more then a couple of days at a time, and I highly doubt they'll ever reach the "angel/supermodel" status unless the public takes notice, they sell like no other and they live in or around the assholes of Monica/Ed (<----not necessarily in that order).

Think about it this way the ladies that they want aren't always available (pregnancy, prior obligations, movie projects, out the country, working for other companies, vacations, sickness), and you gotta bring some diversity or the 6-8 models they use all the time will become monotonous.

Bottom line VS has to have filler models.

She's not blonde enough for them, that's Shanina's VS status :ninja:

I'm just saying for how much they use candice..........like have her shoot for pretty much anything VS is involved, etc. Its like "Okay were gonna make you our favorite, we need you in this shoot, and appear here, but were not gonna give you the bra. Thanks for all your work though!" :p

Honestly I'd say girls like Shanina, Elysa, Barbara, Edita, Maryna, Cameron (ect) just fill in every now and then. I don't think they're contracted for more then a couple of days at a time, and I highly doubt they'll ever reach the "angel/supermodel" status unless the public takes notice, they sell like no other and they live in or around the assholes of Monica/Ed (<----not necessarily in that order).

Think about it this way the ladies that they want aren't always available (pregnancy, prior obligations, movie projects, out the country, working for other companies, vacations, sickness), and you gotta bring some diversity or the 6-8 models they use all the time will become monotonous.

Bottom line VS has to have filler models.

Well I guess Shanina needs to move closer to Ed's balls and give them a good pull for notice :D That or she needs to date a well known musician since it seems to have perked up Behati's presence with VS...

Dating a well-known sleazy male supermodel is just not cutting it for her :/ :p

see Doutzen get it, sort of an apology for the pink poodle from last year's FS. Though, seeing her behind the scenes, saying, "I'm a poodle" was cute.And she rocked it!

She knew she got a shitty outfit but she was a good sport and made the best out of the situation by poking fun of it and having good time :hehe:

The Gisele comparison was a great way to put it. She is one of, if not the most known supermodel of all time. If she was with the company you bet your ass they would have her open just about every show/model the FB. She's the best of the best so as a smart move VS will put the best out there to represent the brand. Right now, Adriana is still the best they have to represent VS. She is the most known Angel and gets a shit ton of press year after year after year and not cheap press the other angels get. She's damn good at her job so why wouldn't VS make her the spotlight year after year? I understand it may get repetitive and I can only imagine how frustrating it may be to someone who may prefer Candice or Ale or Miranda, but they don't call Adriana "The Queen" of VS for no reason. Even as much as they push Candice now she will still never be the leader of the Angels until Dri is gone. That's just the way it is :/

I personally want to see Doutzen get the bra. Kill me for this but my second choice is Lindsay xD I think she speaks and carries herself so beautifully that she could do a lot of press for the bra! Plus the last time a blonde had the Bra was 09 and before that 06 so I think its time one of the blondies got it :p