Jump to content
Kevork89

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Fitgirl88 said:

Can someone be so kind to give me a quick update? I have been away for a few months, and I couldn't follow much VS news :(

 

As far as I know these are still the current Angels: Leomie, Grace, Elsa, Candice, Barbara, Romee, Lais, Jasmine, Martha, Taylor, Sara, Josephine, Stella, Alexina.

Any new angels? I have seen some new plus size models, and I noticed VS was working with Lorena a lot, but it seems they don't anymore?

And what about Behati?

You got all the current angels right. No new additions. And VS hasn't announced any angel departures since Adriana.

 

I can't say anything about Lorena because I don't follow her.

 

As for Behati, VS never officially announced her departure, but I've heard speculation that her contract ended in 2019. Plus, I don't think VS even uses her anymore so its pretty evident that she's no longer an angel. Its sad because Behati was one of the most popular angels in the last decade and she never got an official goodbye like Adriana or Alessandra. She was also one of my favorite angels. I wish VS would've done at least something to honor and thank her. It makes me wonder whether Candice will get an official goodbye if and when she leaves or whether she'll dip out quietly too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Candice, Martha, Elsa and Behati are all gone. They haven't been in anything VS related all of 2020 (Behati since late 2018), and they have also been left out of all the quarantine and Mother's Day posts, there is no reason whatsoever why these women would be cut from cheap, home made videos, particularly Candice and Behati being left out of the Mother's Day stuff is odd if they are still under contract. VS never makes announcements when a girl leaves, it was a rarity we got an announcement for Adriana but considering she was the public's favorite angel it makes sense just like it did with Tyra, Alessandra didn't get one, she got like 0.05 seconds mention in the show, but there was no announcement for Rosie, Karolina, Marisa, Lily, Lindsay, Chanel, Jac or Kate, not even Heidi Klum or Gisele got a proper announcement, the only other exits that were addressed recently were Doutzen and Karlie who got a instagram post from Ed Razek, there was nothing official from VS.

 

I'm actually wondering if Candice will expand her line into lingerie as well as the swimsuits seem to be selling pretty well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Clauds said:

Candice, Martha, Elsa and Behati are all gone. They haven't been in anything VS related all of 2020 (Behati since late 2018), and they have also been left out of all the quarantine and Mother's Day posts, there is no reason whatsoever why these women would be cut from cheap, home made videos, particularly Candice and Behati being left out of the Mother's Day stuff is odd if they are still under contract. VS never makes announcements when a girl leaves, it was a rarity we got an announcement for Adriana but considering she was the public's favorite angel it makes sense just like it did with Tyra, Alessandra didn't get one, she got like 0.05 seconds mention in the show, but there was no announcement for Rosie, Karolina, Marisa, Lily, Lindsay, Chanel, Jac or Kate, not even Heidi Klum or Gisele got a proper announcement, the only other exits that were addressed recently were Doutzen and Karlie who got a instagram post from Ed Razek, there was nothing official from VS.

 

I'm actually wondering if Candice will expand her line into lingerie as well as the swimsuits seem to be selling pretty well.

 

That's what I figured but I didn't know for sure. lol, thanks for clarifying. I still wish there wouldve been something for Behati. She came back for the fashion show in 2018 and everyone got all excited that she was back after 3 years, but then that was it. It was like she just left the scene after that. Maybe her coming back for one last VS show was her sort of goodbye sendoff. Either way i'll miss her. If anything i'm more surprised they didnt do anything for Candice seeing as how much VS used to push her and make her the center of everything. Oh well. They both had a good run with VS while it lasted. I guess that's what matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t been paying super close attention to the self isolation content, but I haven’t seen Stella in it. Have I missed her or is it likely she’s out too? Doesn’t seem like she’s done anything since Valentine’s? Which is usually shot in the previous year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

self isolation content

Sounds so frightening :mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GiseleQueenBee said:

 

That's what I figured but I didn't know for sure. lol, thanks for clarifying. I still wish there wouldve been something for Behati. She came back for the fashion show in 2018 and everyone got all excited that she was back after 3 years, but then that was it. It was like she just left the scene after that. Maybe her coming back for one last VS show was her sort of goodbye sendoff. Either way i'll miss her. If anything i'm more surprised they didnt do anything for Candice seeing as how much VS used to push her and make her the center of everything. Oh well. They both had a good run with VS while it lasted. I guess that's what matters.

 

There was no show in 2019 tho so it's not like they had a chance to do something, and tbh Candice is still a nobody outside VS fans, the average Joe and Jane don't know and don't give a flying fuck about who she is other than that hot blonde from VS, IMO Adriana was the last true star VS was able to make and the last one people actually knew and it's probably related to the fact that she's also been one of the main faces for Maybelline for so long that she's a face you've just seen many many times before, if Alessandra didn't get a proper send-off, I don't expect anyone who joined the brand post-2010 to get one. And also I think some of the girls leaving may have just bene cut by the new VS executive team, I wouldn't be surprised if more girls get dropped now that Ed Razek isn't in charge anymore, I know some of the girls were signed because they were Ed's favorites and with him being gone I can see contracts not being renewed.

 

2 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

I haven’t been paying super close attention to the self isolation content, but I haven’t seen Stella in it. Have I missed her or is it likely she’s out too? Doesn’t seem like she’s done anything since Valentine’s? Which is usually shot in the previous year. 

 

Stella is in the VS website in the Mother's Day banner, it's one tiny picture but still, she's there, IDK when the Valentine's Day stuff was shot but it does seem to have been the last she did for VS. So pontentially the current lineup is Stella, Taylor, Alexina, Romee, Josephine, Lais, Jasmine, Sara, Leomie, Barbara and Grace which is still a shit tone of models o.o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Clauds said:

 

There was no show in 2019 tho so it's not like they had a chance to do something, and tbh Candice is still a nobody outside VS fans, the average Joe and Jane don't know and don't give a flying fuck about who she is other than that hot blonde from VS, IMO Adriana was the last true star VS was able to make and the last one people actually knew and it's probably related to the fact that she's also been one of the main faces for Maybelline for so long that she's a face you've just seen many many times before, if Alessandra didn't get a proper send-off, I don't expect anyone who joined the brand post-2010 to get one. And also I think some of the girls leaving may have just bene cut by the new VS executive team, I wouldn't be surprised if more girls get dropped now that Ed Razek isn't in charge anymore, I know some of the girls were signed because they were Ed's favorites and with him being gone I can see contracts not being renewed.

 

 

Stella is in the VS website in the Mother's Day banner, it's one tiny picture but still, she's there, IDK when the Valentine's Day stuff was shot but it does seem to have been the last she did for VS. So pontentially the current lineup is Stella, Taylor, Alexina, Romee, Josephine, Lais, Jasmine, Sara, Leomie, Barbara and Grace which is still a shit tone of models o.o

The worst lineup since ever. Only Lais, Barbara and Sara looks good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish they would cut it to just Barbara, Jasmine, Josephine, Leomie, Romee, and Grace. I miss Candice, Lily, and Behati, but they would look too old compared to the other Angels. 

I wish they would give the girls some kind of send off, seeing as they do have a lot of fans, especially Alessandra. I'm glad they said something about her leaving, but they should've done something more. And it would've been nice to have an official statement about Behati and Candice and Lily, even though we know they're gone. I just figure they worked for them for a while and a lot of people liked them, so it would've been nice to do something. But then again, VS is a business and they probably don't care about send offs and good bye.s 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there are new white background pictures of martha, so i guess she's not over yet ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, claudiawilliams said:

there are new white background pictures of martha, so i guess she's not over yet ? 

I wonder how old those are though. Maybe they were taken a while ago and just now being used? I know my VS store still has pictures of Miranda, Doutzen, etc (seriously, they were there a few months ago before the quarantine hit. I LOVE seeing picture so of those girls, but why does VS still use those pictures? idk), , and they haven't been Angels in forever, so I could see Martha not being an Angel anymore, but VS still using her pictures. 

 

The only ones I'm sad to see go that left in the last few years are Candice, Behati, and Lily. I hope Grace, Barbara, Leomie, Romee and Jasmine stick around for a while though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it me, or is the VS photo material not what it used to be...?

It feels like VS is not putting so much effort in their photoshoots anymore, it is all boring and lots of white screen catalog style photo's.

I mean come on, they have gorgeous models!! Years like 2014-2015 were good years with lots of stunning photoshoots (very fresh, lots of color, nice backgrounds and photo sets, very diffrent every time) I took these of Adriana as an example, I wish VS would be working on this level again. These pics really made me to buy their lingerie, the latest photo's don't give me that feeling.

 

10.thumb.jpg.be84b9e4bb205244242d1d8e138df8fb.jpg37.thumb.jpg.fb286c828a876ec9f9c3587a82c18792.jpg 94.thumb.jpg.214bee45dd7a895f331c2fd18bfff290.jpg109.thumb.jpg.961474e6edb4a5a674491245b9cf7f70.jpg71.thumb.jpg.0d4520877f125ef188a634826ba10282.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, I think 2005-2017 photos were better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 @Fitgirl88 omg I completely agree! While I'm not a fan of Adriana, those pictures are beautiful because they actually have substance to them. I HATE white wall pictures. i know they are needed for the website commerce stuff, but it seems like that all VS produces anymore, with a few exceptions. Some of the swim pictures have been really good last year. But overall, yes the quality of the photos has gone down hill. I wonder if they don't have teh budget anymore to create sets and hire good photographers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe they don't have the budget for that or they don't want to spend much for pictures since the company isn't doing good like it used to..and the shoots from the collaborations are actually great so is not like they never do good ones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About the VS photos, I think its a combination of not having as big of a budget anymore as well as VS wanting to go the more natural route with their aesthetic. Its pretty clear that VS is trying to rebrand themselves with the more natural & relatable look that other brands are going for these days. So the colors and sets they're using for the photoshoots are much more relaxed and the colors are much less vibrant than they used to be. I've noticed it with the commercials too. A lot of the commercials in recent years have been way more laid-back and not as exciting and vibrant as they were years ago. Its sad because I miss how exciting and vibrant the brand used to be as a whole. A lot of the stuff is getting really boring nowadays. Idk maybe its just me. I do like some of the recent swim photos; the collabs are pretty good too. But VS is definitely not as lively as it once was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, peroxideblonde said:

maybe they don't have the budget for that or they don't want to spend much for pictures since the company isn't doing good like it used to..and the shoots from the collaborations are actually great so is not like they never do good ones

yeah the collaboration pictures are usually really good...I still can't get over how much I like the FLL pictures. 

 

 

but I can definitely see them not wanting to spend too much money since they aren't doing well like they used to. I hope they stick around for a while because (and I may be one of the few) I still like to buy bras and underwear from them. I also like a lot of the models they use, and I love seeing new pictures in those model's threads. 

 

@GiseleQueenBee I definitely agree they are trying to rebrand themselves as 'natural and relatable" as you stated. They look like every other brand now, which is boring. I also miss the VSFS. I don't think they should bring it back because it has been awful the last few years, but I do still miss it and reading the threads on here about it. Everything that set them apart is now no longer part of the brand sadly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Random, but I wonder what the VS Angels and models listen to? 

Lily likes System of a Down (YES!!!) :stormy:

Behati has worn many band shirts including Misfits, Flipper, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath(YES),  I know she likes Nirvana and Sublime, too. 

Candice had on an Iron Maiden shirt and obviously loves Bob Marley. 

I think Elsa likes classic 70's rock? I hope she likes Led Zeppelin, they're my favorite. 

Alessandra has said shes a "rock chick", i forgot about her! She has on a Stone Temple Pilot shirt before, as well as Led Zeppelin. 

 

Does anyone know what the other Angels listen to?

 

 

Behati and Lily have the best taste, I was pumped to find out Lily likes System of a Down and Behati likes punk band Flipper. I was really happy about that lol 

 

@Sunshiine and @Stormbringer (IDK if they post on this thread, but whatever)... because you two have great music taste, I'm tagging you in this lol. do you guys know what kind of music the Angels listen to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bump said:

 

@Sunshiine and @Stormbringer (IDK if they post on this thread, but whatever)... because you two have great music taste, I'm tagging you in this lol. do you guys know what kind of music the Angels listen to?

 

Oh, thank you!

I only know about Alessandra, who does like Rock music and she's quite into Grunge and 90s stuff. I know she likes Pearl Jam, Temple of The Dog, Nirvana, Soundgarden and such. If I'm not mistaken I remember seeing some IG stories of her at a Metallica concert.

I'm pretty sure I've seen her post some Led Zeppelin related stuff too.

 

And I remember an interview where Elsa mentions 70s Rock is among her favorites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

 

Oh, thank you!

I only know about Alessandra, who does like Rock music and she's quite into Grunge and 90s stuff. I know she likes Pearl Jam, Temple of The Dog, Nirvana, Soundgarden and such. If I'm not mistaken I remember seeing some IG stories of her at a Metallica concert.

I'm pretty sure I've seen her post some Led Zeppelin related stuff too.

 

And I remember an interview where Elsa mentions 70s Rock is among her favorites.

Thank you for the reply! I LOVE Soundgarden. That's awesome that Alessandra does as well. I wonder if she likes any Alice in Chains? They're my favorite out of the big 4 grunge bands, but I love Nirvana as well. 

 

I wanna go see Metallica with her lol. I actually like quite a lot of Metallica now that I'm thinking about it....wow I think I'm a bigger fan of them than I realized now that I'm listing off their songs I like in my head lol

 

Also, behati has worn a cool ass Motorhead shirt before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...
Do Not Sell My Personal Information