Kevork89

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

On 4/19/2020 at 10:02 AM, gab6565 said:

Does anyone happen to have the 2003 show in video form? or at least the last segment, "Glaaaaaamazons?" I've been trying to find it online with audio and can't at all! thanks in advance.

With all this free time at home I've been watching the older shows and remembering how fierce and sexy they used to be.

I have the show. Buts in not in HQ. I think when I first saved it it was listed as HQ but it either lied or we’ve just come that far in video technology. 

VS kicked Martha? 

15 hours ago, Warhol said:

VS kicked Martha? 

I haven't been in her thread for a while, so I have no idea, but it wouldn't surprise me. She's been with the company for a long time and I would consider her one of the older/veteran Angels compared to all the newer Angels, so I could see why she left/they let her go. 

I hope someone can confirm this if she is done. I never cared for her VS work, but I liked her personality.

I also really like those sparkly Frankie's bikinis, which I can't believe I"m saying! I actually like that VS is doing collaborations, it's something different. 

Random morning coffee musings:

Due to the stay at home order, I have been reading this thread from page 1, and it is so weird to see how VS has changed and how BZ member's opinions have changed over the years. However, even as far back as 2010, people on here were talking about how hard it is to tell if someone is an ANgel and how the Angel role has lost it's meaning. Now it really means nothing, but I still like a lot of the girls they are using. 

Not the biggest fan of the colors in the Frankie's x VS collab but I like the sparkle that I see and most of the designs, even tho they are pretty basic and I would like to see something more intricate and/or more unique 

21 hours ago, wintery said:

Not the biggest fan of the colors in the Frankie's x VS collab but I like the sparkle that I see and most of the designs, even tho they are pretty basic and I would like to see something more intricate and/or more unique 

I can see what you mean by wanting the bikinis to be "more intricate and more unique". They are pretty plain, but I'm a plain person so I think that's why I like them so much. If they didn't have the sparkles, I don't think I'd like them as much. 

I still think my favorite collaboration was the FLL and the Balmain one. What about you all? Anyone care to share?

On 4/25/2020 at 2:30 PM, bump said:

Random morning coffee musings:

Due to the stay at home order, I have been reading this thread from page 1, and it is so weird to see how VS has changed and how BZ member's opinions have changed over the years. However, even as far back as 2010, people on here were talking about how hard it is to tell if someone is an ANgel and how the Angel role has lost it's meaning. Now it really means nothing, but I still like a lot of the girls they are using. 

From page 1? That's hard-core, bump!! 😮

18 hours ago, hillstreet said:

From page 1? That's hard-core, bump!! 😮

yep! I did it a long time ago as well because there are so many pictures, opinions, and information in this thread that every time I read it, I learn something new. I read through BZ threads every morning for a few hours while I drink my coffee unless I work a day shift. Its something that I've found that relaxes me and I have a hard time relaxing. 

9 minutes ago, bump said:

yep! I did it a long time ago as well because there are so many pictures, opinions, and information in this thread that every time I read it, I learn something new. I read through BZ threads every morning for a few hours while I drink my coffee unless I work a day shift. Its something that I've found that relaxes me and I have a hard time relaxing. 

That's brilliant. I'm glad you find it therapeutic. I can see how it would be fun to rediscover stuff or see things you might have overlooked before. :)

1 minute ago, hillstreet said:

That's brilliant. I'm glad you find it therapeutic. I can see how it would be fun to rediscover stuff or see things you might have overlooked before. :)

Rediscovering or seeing ovelooked things is exactly it! and it's something I can do for hours so I can really get into the flow of it and let my mind focus on one thing instead of everything else I tend to focus on. 

I just wish I would've joined back in 2012 when I became a fan of VS because there was so much more to discuss then and my favorite Angels were still around then. 

On 4/26/2020 at 3:54 PM, bump said:

I still think my favorite collaboration was the FLL and the Balmain one. What about you all? Anyone care to share?

I absolutely loved the FLL collab, def my fav of them all, and some pieces of the Balmain one but that's it.

On 4/26/2020 at 8:54 AM, bump said:

I Liked a lot the Balmain x VS in the Lingerie Pieces, very glam and sexy, but the styling for the show was too muchey. (For me tho)

12 hours ago, Fashionsketcher said:

I Liked a lot the Balmain x VS in the Lingerie Pieces, very glam and sexy, but the styling for the show was too muchey. (For me tho)

Yeah, some of the outfits were over the top for sure. I didn't like all the dangly elements on them. I loved the segment because I liked the music, the lighting, and the models in it, but some of the outfits were more like costumes. 

Random question, does anyone know the history of the brands that the VSFS design team would use for the shoes? I noticed in 2005 they used Manolo Blahniks and then 2006/2007 switched over to Louboutins. 2008 was, 2010-2011 was Giuseppe Zanotti, 2012-2014 was Nicholas Kirkwood and Sophia Webster, and 2015-2018 they used Brian Atwood. Just thought this could be interesting to discuss! Do they always buy designer heels and then customize them or have they ever made shoes from scratch (like the wings)?

Also, I find it so interesting that despite Gisele being one of the biggest angels, she rarely wore wings. I'm sure this was her decision obviously. But I'm sure VS must have been somewhat disappointed since the wings were so iconic. I always thought that maybe she didn't open the 2003 show because they like to open the show with wings to draw attention.

10 hours ago, gab6565 said:

Random question, does anyone know the history of the brands that the VSFS design team would use for the shoes? I noticed in 2005 they used Manolo Blahniks and then 2006/2007 switched over to Louboutins. 2008 was, 2010-2011 was Giuseppe Zanotti, 2012-2014 was Nicholas Kirkwood and Sophia Webster, and 2015-2018 they used Brian Atwood. Just thought this could be interesting to discuss! Do they always buy designer heels and then customize them or have they ever made shoes from scratch (like the wings)?

Also, I find it so interesting that despite Gisele being one of the biggest angels, she rarely wore wings. I'm sure this was her decision obviously. But I'm sure VS must have been somewhat disappointed since the wings were so iconic. I always thought that maybe she didn't open the 2003 show because they like to open the show with wings to draw attention.

I know nothing about the history of the shoes in the VSFS, but I would love to learn more! Thanks for the information you included, and I think this would be a great topic to discuss. 

As for Gisele, I was never a fan of hers, but I thought I'd read she had back problems and didn't want heavy wings because I can't see VS not giving her huge wings. I still think of Adriana and Alessandra, not Gisele, when I think of VS, but I know Gisele was a big deal. 

I remember the harp wings Candice was going to wear, but then she didn't. I can't remember if it was because they were too big for the runway or she couldn't carry them, though. 

10 hours ago, bump said:

I know nothing about the history of the shoes in the VSFS, but I would love to learn more! Thanks for the information you included, and I think this would be a great topic to discuss. 

As for Gisele, I was never a fan of hers, but I thought I'd read she had back problems and didn't want heavy wings because I can't see VS not giving her huge wings. I still think of Adriana and Alessandra, not Gisele, when I think of VS, but I know Gisele was a big deal. 

I remember the harp wings Candice was going to wear, but then she didn't. I can't remember if it was because they were too big for the runway or she couldn't carry them, though. 

The only wings I remember Gisele wearing were for her show openings in 2005 and 2006. She also wore a few sets of wings in 2000, 2001 & 2002 during segments. Interestingly, she didnt wear any wings in 2003.

As for Candice, I dont think the harp wings were too big for the runway or else they wouldn't have made them. I think Candice was just too short and small-framed to be able to handle them. Not everyone can handle big wings and also make it look easy at the same time. Heidi and Karolina always did really well with big wings.

14 hours ago, GiseleQueenBee said:

The only wings I remember Gisele wearing were for her show openings in 2005 and 2006. She also wore a few sets of wings in 2000, 2001 & 2002 during segments. Interestingly, she didnt wear any wings in 2003.

As for Candice, I dont think the harp wings were too big for the runway or else they wouldn't have made them. I think Candice was just too short and small-framed to be able to handle them. Not everyone can handle big wings and also make it look easy at the same time. Heidi and Karolina always did really well with big wings.

they were too heavy for everyone, that's why no one used these wings

15 hours ago, GiseleQueenBee said:

yeah that makes sense. It's a shame she couldn't wear them or they couldn't find someone to wear them because those harp wings were really pretty. 

Can someone be so kind to give me a quick update? I have been away for a few months, and I couldn't follow much VS news :(

As far as I know these are still the current Angels: Leomie, Grace, Elsa, Candice, Barbara, Romee, Lais, Jasmine, Martha, Taylor, Sara, Josephine, Stella, Alexina.

Any new angels? I have seen some new plus size models, and I noticed VS was working with Lorena a lot, but it seems they don't anymore?

And what about Behati?