Kevork89

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

16 hours ago, GiseleQueenBee said:

Now that I think about it, I can see them not doing the fashion show this year with this whole covid-19 situation going on. Isn't it around this time of year when they start doing all the planning for the show? I watched a Youtube video once where they said they start planning the show around April, then it takes several months to get all the outfits designed & made as well as get the venue set up, not to mention the countless meetings they have during this time to make sure everything is running smoothly. But if everyone's self-isolating right now and will be for at least another month or so how can they put together a show? Just a random thought.

i thought we had talked about this here? but i guess it was on ig lol we won't have a show this year either, i mean, things are getting pretty bad in the us right now (for what i read on social media), we've been locked up a month now in my country and experts say that it's very likely that beaches will be closed the entire summer, clubs won't open until october/november (if quarantine ends in april and that won't happen) so... no, i don't see the show happening this year. if my country has a better situation that the us and we're like this...

I don't think they will make shows EVER again. They're too expensive to produce and there isn't enough people to care about it to justify the investment.

27 minutes ago, claudiawilliams said:

i thought we had talked about this here? but i guess it was on ig lol we won't have a show this year either, i mean, things are getting pretty bad in the us right now (for what i read on social media), we've been locked up a month now in my country and experts say that it's very likely that beaches will be closed the entire summer, clubs won't open until october/november (if quarantine ends in april and that won't happen) so... no, i don't see the show happening this year. if my country has a better situation that the us and we're like this...

Damn girl, where are you? That sounds rough af. We have it pretty good here in Denmark I think, I've going to the sommerhus and the beach/forest a lot because you don't see as many people there is more space there than in the city. Quarantine here is starting to be slowly lifted this week. Thankfully the government here was pretty fast in taking action and getting their shit together so we haven't been hit as hard, we'll see in the next few weeks, the peak was expected to be late April/early May but so far the numbers have been better than expected here.

But yeah with or without miss rona in the picture, I doubt the show will be back this year tbh.

15 hours ago, Fashionsketcher said:

Thank You Andrew ❤️ Much love to You! 

I'm back amid Quarantine, and I have been watching old shows and stuff. Wich angels/models were your fave in each show? I'm starting in 2005 just because.

What about you guys?

I really only cared about 2009-2012. I watched the earlier shows and didn't like them, and the last few years of the show sucked as well. 2017 wasn't bad,but I didn't like 2018 very much even though Barbara P was there (she's my favorite). 

I always loved seeing the same models: Miranda, Candice, Lily, Erin, Doutzen, Rosie, even Lindsey to an extent. Adriana and Alessandra were always fun, but they never stood out to me. 2010-2012 are the best years, imo. 

8 hours ago, claudiawilliams said:

I was saying it because VS never officially confirmed whether or not the show was happening this year, so up until now I suspected that there could still be a chance that they do it. However, with everyone quarantining/social distancing possibly through the summer I realized that it was more than likely that they can't even get together to plan the show now, so it probably won't be happening at all. But like others have said, I can see them not bringing it back at all at this point. It's kind of a thing of the past now and I think people have moved on.

On 4/14/2020 at 3:04 PM, GiseleQueenBee said:

I was saying it because VS never officially confirmed whether or not the show was happening this year, so up until now I suspected that there could still be a chance that they do it. However, with everyone quarantining/social distancing possibly through the summer I realized that it was more than likely that they can't even get together to plan the show now, so it probably won't be happening at all. But like others have said, I can see them not bringing it back at all at this point. It's kind of a thing of the past now and I think people have moved on.

I thought there was a chance they'd bring it back, too, just on a different platform. But I agree that with all that's going on now, that's not going to happen. I wonder if they'll try again next year or if they'll not attempt it again? I feel like by next year, no one is going to care anyways. Barely anyone ( besides us and other fashion forms) probably cares at this point. VS and being an Angel is not what it used to be. 

I miss when they would do in store appearances and we'd get all kinds of pictures and videos. 

8 hours ago, bump said:

I miss when they would do in store appearances and we'd get all kinds of pictures and videos. 

Time will tell in regards to a show popping up somewhere and in store appearances once the world gets over the pandemic. 

I too miss the store appearances. The most recent one we had Stella in North Dallas. Too far to go when broke. 

15 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

Time will tell in regards to a show popping up somewhere and in store appearances once the world gets over the pandemic. 

I too miss the store appearances. The most recent one we had Stella in North Dallas. Too far to go when broke. 

We never had any store events even remotely close to where I live.

I know most of these Angels I listed below aren't Angels anymore, but since the events were really popular years ago, here are some Angels I would/would't go see. I could care less about seeing celebrities, but if I had a chance to see a model I like and it was something easy, free, and not out of the way, I would probably go to an event. 

I would've only gone if it had been Barbara, Miranda, Candice, Lily, or Behati.

I like Rosie, Doutzen, Karlie, and Erin, but not enough to stand in line for and I had/have no desire to see Adriana, Alessandra, Karolina, Gisele. And I don't really care for any of the new Angels, except I'd go for Jasmine or Romee, maybe Elsa. 

Who would you guys be willing to wait in line for at a store event?

On 4/14/2020 at 12:28 PM, Schemer said:

I don't think they will make shows EVER again. They're too expensive to produce and there isn't enough people to care about it to justify the investment.

Especially with corona, but I don't think it would come back anyway. There's 0 demand for it rn.

On 4/13/2020 at 8:23 PM, Clauds said:

They can still plan all that via Zoom, it's not a big deal yet because the sketches and stuff can still be done but if this goes on through summer that is a different ball game, but still idk if they'll bring back the show at all tho, considering last year they didn't do anything to replace the show.

Aaand thanks for answering girls! It seems like at least Candice, Elsa and Martha are done and Sara seems to be safe, I don't remember her in the Valentine's Day at all but I hated the campaign anyway so there's that :ninja:

Elsa's also 31, that's a classic age to retire from VS

Does anyone happen to have the 2003 show in video form? or at least the last segment, "Glaaaaaamazons?" I've been trying to find it online with audio and can't at all! thanks in advance.

With all this free time at home I've been watching the older shows and remembering how fierce and sexy they used to be.

20 hours ago, gab6565 said:

Does anyone happen to have the 2003 show in video form? or at least the last segment, "Glaaaaaamazons?" I've been trying to find it online with audio and can't at all! thanks in advance.

With all this free time at home I've been watching the older shows and remembering how fierce and sexy they used to be.

I haven't watched the 2003 show, but I'll poke around and see if I can somehow find it, but if you haven't found it, I doubt I can. I don't like the early shows before 2009, so I have no idea if they're around or not. Good luck on finding it though. I've been rewatching VSFS too since I've had so much free time, but I only watch 2009-2012. I like that era the best. 

I tried watching the 2005 and 2006 shows and while there were a few highlights (I liked the air stewardess segment where Karolina's shoe broke...Highland Romance was ok, I liked the opening for 2006...but overall, I was bored and didn't like the models. It was too mature for my tastes, but I seriously feel like the only person here that thinks that! Most of you guys LOVE the 2005 and 2006 shows, right?

How many girls have had that one guy friend(or boyfriend lol) that desides it’s time they admit to you they would prefer to wear panties everyday opposed to boxers? After you laughed at first haha did you agree   to help thin buy them? Did y’all shop at Victoria secret together? 

3 hours ago, Clauds said:

The Angels are done

Untitled.jpg

5 hours ago, Clauds said:

The Angels are done, in China. VS has a Chinese actress as their new face there Zhou Dongyu. 

Wow. I think I’d be pissed off if I were Ming or Sui. Talk about knives in their backs and slaps in their faces. 

Mind you, this is a knee jerk reaction, I do not know if Ming’s or Sui’s contracts were finished first or not. 

Ming and Sui were never given any sort of proper dues from VS. They were used to tap in the Chinese market but were never given any of the privilege or support that the "North American" Angels were. They were barely recognized as Angels.  It's disappointing but unsurprising that they were dumped like that. 

15 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

Ming and Sui were never given any sort of proper dues from VS. They were used to tap in the Chinese market but were never given any of the privilege or support that the "North American" Angels were. They were barely recognized as Angels.  It's disappointing but unsurprising that they were dumped like that. 

I agree sadly....I had forgotten they'd had those two as Asian Angels, and I read this VS thread in the morning and know stuff about VS, and if I as a fan of VS forgot,  I bet the general American public had no clue who Ming and Sui were. I wanna go see their VS work now, because all I ever saw was what was posted in this thread, and I barely remember it. 

I don't care for either of them, but good for them for getting the title while it lasted. How long were they Angels for?

49 minutes ago, bump said:

I agree sadly....I had forgotten they'd had those two as Asian Angels, and I read this VS thread in the morning and know stuff about VS, and if I as a fan of VS forgot,  I bet the general American public had no clue who Ming and Sui were. I wanna go see their VS work now, because all I ever saw was what was posted in this thread, and I barely remember it. 

I don't care for either of them, but good for them for getting the title while it lasted. How long were they Angels for?

They weren’t used / advertised as angels outside of the Chinese Market, their angelhood was exclusively in China and used as a way to help struggling sales over there. So, if the American public knew them I’d be kinda surprised given they weren’t weren’t intended to / Ming and Sui weren’t ‘pushed‘ here at all. I kinda wish they were used over here more since I like them but, they were really just a marketing ploy to boost sales in China (and it shows even more now).

They got their contracts after the Shanghai show, I think? Something like that. I’m sure it’s in their threads (or someone else here will have the accurate answer.)

1 minute ago, lovelace said:

They weren’t used / advertised as angels outside of the Chinese Market, their angelhood was exclusively in China and used as a way to help struggling sales over there. So, if the American public knew them I’d be kinda surprised given they weren’t weren’t intended to / Ming and Sui weren’t ‘pushed‘ here at all. I kinda wish they were used over here more since I like them but, they were really just a marketing ploy to boost sales in China (and it shows even more now).

They got their contracts after the Shanghai show, I think? Something like that. I’m sure it’s in their threads (or someone else here will have the accurate answer.)

ok, that makes sense. They are both very pretty and their VS pictures were good, but yeah I don't remember seeing them anywhere in the US. 

And I guess congratulations to them for the time that they were Angels, even though they're done now. At least they can put that on their portfolio or whatever.