Jump to content
Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread


Kevork89
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

Although I do agree race will always play a huge factor..look at Adut Akech Bior tho and she’s only been modeling for what? 4 years? she’s already becoming a household name...same goes for Anok Yai. I read somewhere though it had more to do with the fashion industry’s standard of beauty for black women. You have to be either really light skin and racially ambiguous or completely dark-skin, cropped haircut and very tall and thin, they called that look the “African village girl” model I believe that Alek Wek started. Which does make sense considering the HUNDREDS of South Sudanese models dominating the industry rn (like Adut and Anok) who are a part of that special “look”. And please, let’s not count Winnie as a model ever lmao that girl is...something 

Adut is not a household name and neither is Anok. And while I do believe Adut is/will be the biggest black model since Joan, you want to know what helped raise Joan’s profile in public? VS. 

 

Joan, killing it in HF, then working with VS truly demonstrated her crossover appeal. Unfortunately, with everything that’s happening with VS, Adut won’t get the chance to start getting written up in articles about her training like an Angel, etc.

 

Now maybe if Savage x Fenty does become the heir apparent of VS, maybe that might happen for Adut and Anok if they get casted in that show, but even then they won’t have their pictures uploaded on an IG account that has almost 70 million followers often. 

 

So yeah, Adut and Anok, are killing it in HF but I’m not expecting Jas who is removed from them both by a few modeling generations to try to compete with them, she’s put in the work earlier in her career where she doesn’t have to do that now.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Grace looks AMAZING! I really like the FLL collab. thank you @CatyCat

The Fenty stuff is all ugly, glad I didn't bother watching that show. Some of the models are cute, but the lingerie is not my style. 

 

Why did they have Josie Canseco and Gizele O at the cancer thing? That's nice that they are there, but why are they labeled Angels? I guess no one would know the difference since being an Angel means pretty much nothing but a paycheck anymore. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bump said:

Grace looks AMAZING! I really like the FLL collab. thank you @CatyCat

The Fenty stuff is all ugly, glad I didn't bother watching that show. Some of the models are cute, but the lingerie is not my style. 

 

Why did they have Josie Canseco and Gizele O at the cancer thing? That's nice that they are there, but why are they labeled Angels? I guess no one would know the difference since being an Angel means pretty much nothing but a paycheck anymore. 

You're welcome ❤️

I liked the collection but sope pieces look... Kinda odd

40447893G_OM_B.jpg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, CatyCat said:

You're welcome ❤️

I liked the collection but sope pieces look... Kinda odd

40447893G_OM_B.jpg

It's a close take on the late 40's to 1950's Girdle/Garter set.  I personally think it's wonderful and I know a lot of girls in the Goth/Pinup scene will be buying it. 

image.pngimage.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2019 at 8:33 PM, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

Although I do agree race will always play a huge factor..look at Adut Akech Bior tho and she’s only been modeling for what? 4 years? she’s already becoming a household name...same goes for Anok Yai. I read somewhere though it had more to do with the fashion industry’s standard of beauty for black women. You have to be either really light skin and racially ambiguous or completely dark-skin, cropped haircut and very tall and thin, they called that look the “African village girl” model I believe that Alek Wek started. Which does make sense considering the HUNDREDS of South Sudanese models dominating the industry rn (like Adut and Anok) who are a part of that special “look”. And please, let’s not count Winnie as a model ever lmao that girl is...something 

Adut and Anok are nowhere near being  household names or even close to it. Neither is Jasmine but she’s WAY ahead of them. The comparison is quite laughable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I LOVE this collection. and yes it's shame there is no VSFS because I would've loved to have seen this on the runway with Grace opening the segment and Barbara closing, with Leomie and Romee in it as well. I'm just going to stop there because I know that's not happening. 

 

I wonder if VS is going to keep going with more and more collabs? The Mary K one was a complete disaster, but this one is great. I also liked the Balmain collab, but I love black and plaid and things of that sort. I think the FLL is going to my favorite though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This collection is beautiful! VS has been consistently pulling out great stuff for the past few months and I am shocked and positively surprised by it. Grace looks stunning, easily her best VS work to date.

 

Also, it's September! Christmas shoots should be around the corner, if VS keeps going in this direction, I'm excited to see what they'll come up with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...