Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

1 hour ago, Clauds said:

This collection is beautiful! VS has been consistently pulling out great stuff for the past few months and I am shocked and positively surprised by it. Grace looks stunning, easily her best VS work to date.

Also, it's September! Christmas shoots should be around the corner, if VS keeps going in this direction, I'm excited to see what they'll come up with.

I think it's been speculated they've already started them. A handful of girls were shooting out in a big manor out in New Jersey. I know Candice was there for sure, and Lorena Duran. Some other girls as well that I don't remember right now. Elsa was out at a similar New Jersey set with Zoey Grossman for two days, but I don't know if that was VS or not. 

38 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

I think it's been speculated they've already started them. A handful of girls were shooting out in a big manor out in New Jersey. I know Candice was there for sure, and Lorena Duran. Some other girls as well that I don't remember right now. Elsa was out at a similar New Jersey set with Zoey Grossman for two days, but I don't know if that was VS or not. 

Alexina, Martha, Jas and Romee (i think xD don't remember yet).

On 9/21/2019 at 6:49 AM, Corner said:

Adut and Anok are nowhere near being  household names or even close to it. Neither is Jasmine but she’s WAY ahead of them. The comparison is quite laughable.

How so? Elaborate on the work Jasmine has done compared to them? has she had as many Vogue covers as Adut who managed to receive 5 this September alone breaking a new record and just received her 12th Vogue cover as of this November. Or has she done any HF shows in the last 2 years? You’re right...the comparison is quite laughable. Jasmine is CLEARLY more commerical and both Adut and Anok are high fashion.

15 hours ago, jessicanicole said:

They released some 30+ individual campaign shots for this collab, they just haven't been posted in this thread.

Oh wow, I would love to see those! I'm sick of white wall, too. 

15 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

They have this beautiful location to shoot the promo, but not for the individual shots? 

Dear VS, 

I love this collaboration, and want to see more like this. 

However would you please stop doing white walls? 

I understand that it helps to show the garments off, but so would a beautiful set!

Thanks

A fan

I agree 100% with this. This is some of my favorite stuff VS has done, even though FLL is involved too so I want to give them some credit. 

The video is great, Grace is a stunner. The rest of the girls look really good as well. I loved the song they chose and the vibe of the setting and colors. Well done, VS!

(just less white wall pictures please!!!!).

17 hours ago, Clauds said:

This collection is beautiful! VS has been consistently pulling out great stuff for the past few months and I am shocked and positively surprised by it. Grace looks stunning, easily her best VS work to date.

Also, it's September! Christmas shoots should be around the corner, if VS keeps going in this direction, I'm excited to see what they'll come up with.

I 100% agree with this. I haven't cared much for the Christmas shoots the last few years, but I can see something good happening this time. VS has been doing some really nice work. 

2 hours ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

Jasmine is CLEARLY more commerical and both Adut and Anok are high fashion.

You answered your own question. :)

But yeah, some of VS girls combine both HF and commercial (Grace, Stella, even Taylor and Candice) while others go only commercial.

Some of them (Taylor, Sara, Josephine, ...) also have additional long-term commercial lucrative contracts (beauty, jewlery, ...). I don't follow Jasmine that closely so I don't know if she has other (commercial) contracts other than VS.

5 hours ago, Andrew Van Der Hypp said:

How so? Elaborate on the work Jasmine has done compared to them? has she had as many Vogue covers as Adut who managed to receive 5 this September alone breaking a new record and just received her 12th Vogue cover as of this November. Or has she done any HF shows in the last 2 years? You’re right...the comparison is quite laughable. Jasmine is CLEARLY more commerical and both Adut and Anok are high fashion.

You do know that commercial models get me exposure right? :rofl: 

Adut can get all them Vogues and high fashion campaigns but without the commercial modeling crossover, she’s going to remain behind all of the VS girls. By far.

See Daria Werbowy, Saskia etc.

Imagine thinking a shopper from the middle of Kansas knows who HF models are by name or face without some kind of major commercial in store cross over

Imagine thinking a shopper from the middle of Montana knows who HF models are by name or face without some kind of major commercial in store cross over

Imagine thinking a shopper from the middle of Nevada knows who HF models are by name or face without some kind of major commercial in store cross over

Imagine thinking a shopper from the middle of Tennessee knows who HF are models by name or face without some kind of major commercial in store cross over

Imagine thinking a shopper from the middle of Florida knows who HF models are by name or face without some kind of major commercial in store cross over

Imagine thinking a shopper from the middle of Maryland knows who HF models are by name or face without some kind of major commercial in store cross over

Imagine thinking a shopper from the middle of Maine knows who HF models are by name or face without some kind of major commercial in store cross over

Imagine thinking a shopper from the middle of Texas knows who HF models are by name or face without some kind of major commercial in store cross over

Imagine thinking a shopper from the middle of Ohio knows who HF models are by name or face without some kind of major commercial in store cross over

Imagine thinking a shopper from the middle of New Mexico knows who HF are models by name or face without some kind of major commercial in store cross over

Imagine thinking a shopper from the middle of Alabama knows who HF are models by name or face without some kind of major commercial in store cross over

Imagine thinking a shopper from the middle of Indiana knows who HF are models by name or face without some kind of major commercial in store cross overto

Imagine thinking a shopper from the middle of North Dakota knows who HF are models by name or face without some kind of major commercial in store cross over

Imagine thinking a shopper from the middle of Vermont knows who HF models are by name or face without some kind of major commercial in store cross over

Imagine thinking a shopper from the middle of South Carolina knows who HF models are by name or face without some kind of major commercial in store cross over

Imagine thinking a shopper from the middle of Vietnam knows who HF models are by name or face without some kind of major commercial in store cross over

Imagine thinking a shopper from the middle of Russia knows who HF models are by name or face without some kind of major commercial in store cross over

Imagine thinking a shopper from the middle of Ireland knows who HF models are by name or face without some kind of major commercial in store cross over

Imagine thinking a shopper from the middle of Mexico knows who HF models are by name or face without some kind of major commercial in store cross over

Imagine thinking a shopper from the middle of Canada knows who HF models are by name or face without some kind of major commercial in store cross over

Imagine thinking a shopper from the middle of Yemen knows who HF models are by name or face without some kind of major commercial in store cross over

Imagine thinking a shopper from the middle of Cuba knows who HF models are by name or face without some kind of major commercial in store cross over

Imagine thinking a shopper from the middle of Chile knows who HF models are by name or face without some kind of major commercial in store cross over

Imagine thinking a shopper from the middle of Portugal knows who HF models are by name or face without some kind of major commercial in store cross over

Imagine thinking a shopper from the middle of Greece knows who HF models are by name or face without some kind of major commercial in store cross over

Imagine thinking ANYONE who doesn't follow fashion as much as BZ/Other Fashion Forums/Fashion Industry knows who HF models by name or face.

KEKW

17 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

Imagine thinking a shopper from the middle of Chile knows who HF models are by name or face without some kind of major commercial in store cross over

:doofywave:

Yeah, even being part of this forum for YEARS I don't know most HF models unless they also do commercial stuff. And for the most part I don't like them either...

27 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

Imagine thinking ANYONE who doesn't follow fashion as much as BZ/Other Fashion Forums/Fashion Industry knows who HF models by name or face.

I don't think any of those know who Jasmine Tookes is either.

But yeah, "commercial" models are more recognizible among general public.

Gisele is one of the biggest models ever and she wouln't be able to be that without commercial modelling. Let's be honest here, most of these girls are just waiting for their big commercial opportunity because HF pays way too little if you're some random model, even the big houses. Commercial modelling is where the money and the exposure is.

Imagine being a new model, sharing a small ass aparment with 7 other girls, doing work after work, show after show, having little money for basic stuff because magazines and runways shows pays basically nothing and you get an opportunity like VS, or, hell, HM basic ass white wall shoot that pays waaaaaaaaaay more and you won't have to worry so much about the money only over that commercial job... It's a blessing for most of these girls. You can't really blame someone like Jasmine for being comfortable where she is on her career, she gets her VS paycheck, she has enough recognition to be paid just for posting about some random small brand on ig, and gets to enjoy life for once without worrying about money or basic stuff.

There's exception of course, HF girls that stay just HF and get a big ass contract and stay HF forever but it's really rare. Also, it's easier to get the money and the exposure with commercial and the cross the line to HF (like Irina or Lily), brands pick you up faster when you are a little bit known.

33 minutes ago, ivancica said:

I don't think any of those know who Jasmine Tookes is either.

But yeah, "commercial" models are more recognizible among general public.

And no one knows who the hell Josephine Skriver is either. 

Wait, let me expand on that. I know Jo but don’t give a damn about her. And I’m sure for the majority of other black people she is not a household name. Jasmine on the other hand is. 

VS screwed up by having way too many Angels but there is something to be said about having different angels to appeal to different groups. 

The last group of Angels recognizable by different groups of people (young, old, white, black) in the general public are Miranda, Karlie and Rosie. None of the new Angels are even at their level let along the bigger supers. So Josephine is right along with Jasmine if we’re being honest. And Josephine doesn’t have the disadvantage of being black so what’s her excuse for not being bigger? 

25 minutes ago, medicenevs said:

Gisele is one of the biggest models ever and she wouln't be able to be that without commercial modelling. Let's be honest here, most of these girls are just waiting for their big commercial opportunity because HF pays way too little if you're some random model, even the big houses. Commercial modelling is where the money and the exposure is.

Imagine being a new model, sharing a small ass aparment with 7 other girls, doing work after work, show after show, having little money for basic stuff because magazines and runways shows pays basically nothing and you get an opportunity like VS, or, hell, HM basic ass white wall shoot that pays waaaaaaaaaay more and you won't have to worry so much about the money only over that commercial job... It's a blessing for most of these girls. You can't really blame someone like Jasmine for being comfortable where she is on her career, she gets her VS paycheck, she has enough recognition to be paid just for posting about some random small brand on ig, and gets to enjoy life for once without worrying about money or basic stuff.

There's exception of course, HF girls that stay just HF and get a big ass contract and stay HF forever but it's really rare. Also, it's easier to get the money and the exposure with commercial and the cross the line to HF (like Irina or Lily), brands pick you up faster when you are a little bit known.

Exactly. I don’t know what these people are on. 

2 minutes ago, JustJas said:

Maybe Jasmine isn’t a household name to you, but you can’t make that assumption about everyone else’s households. 

Jasmine isn't a household name, sis, I like her but she isn't.

But, just to be fair, none of the newest angels is except for, maybe, Taylor.