Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

sad about Grace i awalys liked her i agree she fits more mainline thats why i was waiting she get the elsa and beahti pink treatment. hoepfully happens tho she is perf for angel contract and its time to say bye to some old angels like Lily and Martha .

Either Lily is the new Ale (where she's there for the holiday commercial and walks the show), or this is her last year as an angel. She hasn't posted any VS related anything on IG since the fashion show last year and I think the last time she shot for them was October. 

5 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

It's not my generation who's buying into VS on a hardcore level, that's been clarified repeatedly by Limited Brands during investor meetings. They're targeting 16 to 24/25 year olds, so therefore by their very words, if it's not my generation, and it's not yours, then who's is it?  "They're targeting 16 to 24/25 year olds"
VS has trend forecasters who meet with the team on a regular basis, these same forecasters follow mainstream media as well as social media of their core demographic, and then cater to what they see is being focused on.
That's how large institution businesses work whether people like it or not.

I'm not a VS expert, but it always seems to be a good strategy to target youngsters, it's an investment in what they hope will be a long term clientele.

However, I'm always careful with the new marketing approach which considers mainstream media and social media as a reliable source of information. Mainstream media are a bubble that work in closed loop; and social media are always biased by a handful of people (like the ones who shout louder in a crowd, but the majority may not think as they do).

So, if I was their marketing division, I'd be cautious. Sure, media are an easy source of information, but there a lot of others, like: feedbacks from vendors/saleswomen (i.e. people in the field), statistical analyses of past sales (i.e. analyses made by the nerds, not as trendy as the shiny media people but still useful :laugh:) and possibly customer surveys (though I'm sure nobody fills them...) Maybe I'm wrong (and maybe that's why I'm not their CEO anyway :cain:), but maybe not.

23 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

It's not my generation who's buying into VS on a hardcore level, that's been clarified repeatedly by Limited Brands during investor meetings. They're targeting 16 to 24/25 year olds, so therefore by their very words, if it's not my generation, and it's not yours, then who's is it?  "They're targeting 16 to 24/25 year olds"
VS has trend forecasters who meet with the team on a regular basis, these same forecasters follow mainstream media as well as social media of their core demographic, and then cater to what they see is being focused on.
That's how large institution businesses work whether people like it or not.

Also enough face time for models doesn't seem to be hurting them at all... In fact their marketing team seems to doing a good job just they way it is.

I never said VS is not targeting my generation. Just that they are doing a shit job at it and overpricing their products. I'm not sure about teenagers but I don't know anyone around my age that is happy to pay $75 for a bra that you can find for $35 or less in Aerie or H&M. And if i really want high-end lingerie I'd go to La Perla or AP :idk: VS used to be a happy medium between cheap and high end, now it's just poor quality and overpriced which could IMO be one of the reasons they are not selling as well as they used to.

VS can aim for 14/16 yo all they want, I'm sure they all follow them in social media but can they actually afford the VS products on a regular bases? I think not and those of us who are old enough and can afford them would rather wait for the SAS, go to the much cheaper Pink section or go shopping somewhere else.

They are selling less and less every year, so I wouldn't exactly sell their marketing team is doing a stellar job.

100% for Danielle, Samile and Vanessa tbh. Love love all their shoots! Especially Samile, it was about damn time VS worked with her :heart:  Sadie on the other hand, is doing nothing for me