Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Finished the special! I liked it was fun, but I agree way to many performances. 2 per performer is enough. They should have included more candid moments with the models like BTS stuff and "real" moments and less of the scripted little things. 

Overall models that stood out in the special were Sara (got alot of screentime, and she was always fun and goofy) Behati, Candice, and alot of Jo and Taylor. 

Romee, Jas and Jo aren't shooting. They were just working out together, I'm pretty sure. And yeah, I think you're right about it actually being in the Hamptons! 

Judging from Taylor's Instagram, it looks like she has a day off.

Taylor is shooting in the studio with Greg. 

The swim special, plus using the shoots from 2016 as an indicator, I would say Jo, Elsa, Taylor and Sara are going to be the first tier this year. Sara got the most screen time in the special, and Elsa has been part of almost every single shoot this year, with Jo and Taylor second to her. 

3 hours ago, gotportugal said:

After the Swim Special aired where do we stand on who's the most likely to be the most used from VS?

I think Sara, Taylor, Jo, Elsa and probably Martha (zzzz) are going to be used quite a bit this year. Romee and Jasmine will be next, followed by Lais and Stella. I think Candice will be used more than Lily, who I'm guessing will be used the least. Also, I don't think it's coincidental at all that Lily's shot "more" ever since Behati has been unable to. 

Edit: Taylor is shooting today too.

My coulda been angels would be Fernanda Tavares, Natasha Poly, Maryna Linchuk, Hannah Davis, and maybe Lily D if she would only loosen up a bit! I also think Abbey Lee could've been a good pink-to-mainline girl. And I hope they use Daniela Lopez a bit more and get rid of Rachel. 

My shoulda-never-been Angels would be Selita, Izabel, Marissa and (sorry) Lily A. I like her and all but I just don't think she's that special

I still wish Rosie had never left. Can you imagine how gorgeous her work with Candice would be? Especially now they're using Bellemere. 

23 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

I really don't see your logic here. :ninja: Yes, VS likes girls with high social media numbers, but Lorena has them?

No, she doesn't have a million but she's damn close, and Stella or Romee didn't have a million when they were signed, iirc. Lais, Kate, Ja, Jasmine still haven't hit a million, and you can partially argue that Lais and Jac already had a working relationship with VS but it's totally plausible for them to pick her up as a catalog girl with the numbers she has, and develop from there. Their main girls for catalog (Kelly, Bridget, Camille, Megan, Daniela) all have under 500K, with most of them behind Lorena by 500-300K. 

Stella and Romee both have good HF backgrounds and great agencies tho. Lorena has a shitty agency and not exactly the greatest portfolio so far. From what I understand at least when it comes to the show VS likes girls with editorial back up and Lorena is lacking, she's another IG/Tumblr famous model who has no career yet, I hope it changes tho because I absolutely love her and I hope she does get to VS eventually, I think she'd be great for Pink right now considering their current girls are pretty lackluster. But I say even catalog doesn't seem plausible just yet, even their catalog girls have a better record Kelly, Bridget and Camille have good agencies and have been modeling for a while + have good portfolios to back them too. Megan (a Guess girl, btw) and Daniela are stuck in white wall shit with Hannah Ferguson and Paige Reifler and they could be dropped any second, which is a shame because I actually think they are all better than some of the actual Angels :ninja: 

700K is not that much these days considering you have Alexis Ren has 4 millions, Bryana Holly has 1.4 million, Scarlett Leithold has 1 million and they're all not exactly the hardest working models on earth either and all are fairly new to the industry too. Honestly VS is being so thirsty with this entire social network thing that I'm ready for this year's show to have Kendull, Gigi, Bella, the Baldwins and if Ashley Graham didn't have her own lingerie line they'd throw her in there too.

Which are all valid arguments, but you initially said she wouldn't get work from them based on her social media numbers, which simply isn't true. 

Alexis Ren is more of social media star than a model imo. It baffles me that she even gets work.