Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Also just a random thought that I just wanted to say, but I don't get it. VS keeps on targeting itself towards younger people. So why do they still keep Ed, Monica and co around? Wouldn't it make sense to hire younger people (not just models/angels) for the brand as they're more "in" with times? Seriously they kick off models before or on their 30th birthday unless you're Ale Adriana or Heidi. Why not the creative and marketing team. 

Maybe then we'll see a better vibe for the show and the models and the product designs in general. Just my 2 cents. 

EDIT: Ah okay. everything's always pre filmed months before. Thanks for filling me in guys heh. 

^ I remember they had some young new girl to design the outfits for the 2013 Pink section and we all know how that turned out. I'll never forget that video of poor Jess Hart trying on that terrible outfit. That's just a particular case anyway and I see what you mean, but new or young is not necessarily better.

Plus-size model Tess Holliday called out Victoria's Secret's unrealistic body image standards in a new interview with "I Yahoo’d Myself" host Nick Axelrod.

Holliday, who was the first size 22 model to sign with a major agency, talked to Axelrod about the highly-publicized MTV article, she criticized the major underwear purveyor — adding that she doubted that the lingerie brand even cared about her feedback.

“They probably didn’t look up from their glitter and angel body spray–or money!” she said with a laugh.

You can see/read the rest along with the video interview here.

For those who don't kow Tess Holiday, click for a pict of her. Seems to me like someone is insecure and is compensating for it by criticizing VS in general and beautiful thin models in particular. If anything, she and those who show a similar mindset promote an unhealthy image and attitude. Tess Holiday is clinically obesse by any standard, that's just not healthy nor is it ok to tell people that you are beautiful at any size let alone her size.

Ah yes, it's that time of the year. Every time the VSFS airs, there's some plus size blogger/model/whatever criticizing VS for its beauty standards and lack of sizing.

It's pretty obvious she has no idea how the lingerie industry works because it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE for one company (no matter how big) to cater to every customer. I don't shop at VS either, mostly because of their sizing, but I'm not gonna petition them into making my size because "I SAY SO!" I simpy take my money somewhere else.

The lingerie industry goes beyond VS (there are big bust brands coming out every year) so if you're too lazy not to research about it, then that's your problem, not VS!

As for the beauty standards issue, wow, insecure much? She's pretty much the poster child of Body Positiive Movement Gone Wrong as in being OK to criticize other people (i.e. thin and fit people) for their wieght and calls people "fatphobic" if they tell her being obese is not healthy.

It's funny she talks about beauty standards when her pictures are also heavily photoshopped and the styling in her shoots is always manipulated in order to give her a waist or it's mostly focused on her cleavage and face. But yeah shame on you VS ! :rolleyes:

I have read a lot about this chick and it's really annoying how she's portrayed as some positive role model for girls.

http://notyourgoodfatty.com/tess-munster-is-hiding-what-obesity-has-done-to-her/

^ That woman is not "plus sized" she is straight up obese. Being happy with your body type is all well and good but people like that are promoting not caring about your health and actively encouraging people to not try and live a healthy lifestyle with proper diet and exercise.

I remember they said she's a size 22 (that Tess girl) but there's no why in hell she's only a size 22. I know someone whose size 18-20 around 5'7 and trying to lose weight and even before she started dropping the pounds she was never as fat as Tess. I'm thinking size 30 or something. 

Also, I use to love VS but their bras right now are eh. And their sizing system's weird. I still like their sweatpants and stuff. Just not the bras. But it's okay. They're still raking in billions without my money so whatever.  

23 minutes ago, CanLVS said:

^ That woman is not "plus sized" she is straight up obese. Being happy with your body type is all well and good but people like that are promoting not caring about your health and actively encouraging people to not try and live a healthy lifestyle with proper diet and exercise.

+1.

37 minutes ago, CanLVS said:

+2

VS isn't just selling lingerie- they're selling an experience! When I think Victoria's Secret, I think sexy, beautiful, and hopefully a fun night with someone special :heart:. When I think JC Penney (or other places to buy unmentionables), I think khakis and washing machines... Not a diss to Penny's, but my thoughts. By adding plus-size options, they'd also run the risk of alienating their client base, which is not good.

4 hours ago, CanLVS said:

^ That woman is not "plus sized" she is straight up obese.

The issue is with the inherent mindset that goes with the plus size thing, namely that there is no specified limit about how big you can get. The message of plus size is basically that you can be beautiful at any size and that exercising and dieting in order to conform to a given standard is wrong. So wether you are like Tara Lynn or Tess Holiday it is all under the umbrella of plus size and goes along with the overall message.

I agree, that ain't plus size that's just obese and promoting an lifestyle that probably includes eating a lot of bad shit and never exercising which is just about as terrible as the so called "unrealistic" body image VS sells, which is bullshit because if anything this year with the VSX segment the girls made it very clear that they work their asses off to look the way they do.

I'm over all these fat women saying shit every year about VS just to excuse their own unhealthy lives.

I also read that she mentioned that she once said that she's tried diets and they didn't work, idk this was a while ago when I first heard about her. I don't trust her actually even trying a diet, probably just trying to cover up her laziness. Either way, diets really don't work. Unless you're gonna make that diet become your permanent one. It's about a lifestyle change. 

I doubt she was that fat when she was a kid so something must have happened and I think it might have been food or something stressful happened to her which lead to a change in diet and the pounds just started piling up. Either way, this woman needs to start eating healthy, no shortcuts or any of that gross fad diet stuff. And staying fit and active too. Seriously, though. She should read this or consult a nutritionist or some health nut cause it has to have been her diet. I know people can be more chubby, but I don't know if someone can be this fat naturally unless it's in her genes, but I remembered that same interview they showed her parents and they were no way in hell as fat as she is. 

I'm sick of this Tess trend as well. I mean sure, maybe a little meat on your bones is okay. But this is not healthy. It's sucks that this is probably just a cover up for lazy people to not change their lifestyle and be healthy. As I said, some people are just gonna be more chubbier but there's always a story on how the pounds piled up and sometimes it can be avoidable, unless it's in your genetics then it may or may not be possible to lose dramatic weight but even then, whoever you got that fatness from could've avoided getting more heavier.  

There is a huge difference between Tess, who is actually obese, and plus sized models like Ashley Graham and Iskra Lawrence. Those girls work out, eat healthy and maintain their weight. Not everyone can be a size 0 or 2, and I think it is important to have plus sized models in the industry but I hate Tess's type. I have cousins like that who do nothing but bitch about media standards while they stuff their faces and sit in their asses. The only way they feel better about themselves is making snide comments about skinny girls.  

And you're right Tess- no one at VS gives a shit what you say about them. :rofl: 

She's a beautiful woman and I don't think she likes being fat , but she has gone so far down the obese path that I think she has learned how to get use to it and accept it for the way it is now. Just because you accept something doesn't mean you like it. So when you are in need for a self esteem boost you tear down what you envy in order to feel better about yourself. Which is being rude to thinner woman because if she insults what she envy's she will feel like in her head that it is more good to be big then to be like the standard beauty size she knows is praised. 

I just always pray for people like that so they can find some happiness in their heart and won't find it necessary to tear down others to feel better about there self. 

AUCJiaO.thumb.jpg.41364aa768191fd746269a

12 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

There is a huge difference between Tess, who is actually obese, and plus sized models like Ashley Graham and Iskra Lawrence. Those girls work out, eat healthy and maintain their weight. Not everyone can be a size 0 or 2, and I think it is important to have plus sized models in the industry but I hate Tess's type. I have cousins like that who do nothing but bitch about media standards while they stuff their faces and sit in their asses. The only way they feel better about themselves is making snide comments about skinny girls.  

And you're right Tess- no one at VS gives a shit what you say about them. :rofl: 

+1 Everytime I see that Tess on a mag cover it makes me cringe. :banghead: 

On the opposite end of the spectrum its like seeing a girl who is extremely unhealthy weighing 70 pounds and is falling over from starvation. 

The tess girl is so jealous of those VS models so bad. She Which so bad to be one of them but she knows that the never is going to happen so she decide.to bash those VS models so she can feel better about herself. She is not curvy plus side model. She is an obese fat whale model. Not trying to be rude but she grosses me out. She needs to start taking care of herself before getting all kinds of disease like diabetes, cholesterol, etc. Been obese is not healthy